Mr Stats

World's Oldest

her sister name was Hana Ota Sakai if anyone cares to investigate. This all story seems quite delicate : Hana Ota Sakai can only be born between January and the end of march 1902, if not, this invalidate Kane Tanaka age. Sakai can also be born in 1901 and wrongly reported as born in 1902 : but her mother was born in 1886 which would make her only 15 years old when procreating Hana Ota. 

Something is wrong with those dates. I don't know why but I feel like Kane may have been a little younger than she claimed which is something several people said in the past

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

People of the 110 club found out that Kane Tanaka had a sister born in 1902 which means she’s probably not born in 1902 herself despite her family claims. I would go even further saying that this information is quite delicate because if her sister was born in the second half of the year (at least after may), Kane Tanaka can’t be born in the 2nd of January.

of course this is just speculation and maybe her older sister was born in january or february 1902 which would fit but still this is quite odd…

I am not sure that this info from findagrave.com is actually reliable.

Also if her sister was born in early 1902 it doesn't mean that Kane wasn't born in late December 1902 as her family says.

1 hour ago, Hanzem said:

I am not sure that this info from findagrave.com is actually reliable.

Also if her sister was born in early 1902 it doesn't mean that Kane wasn't born in late December 1902 as her family says.

if her sister was born in early January let's say, it would mean their mother would have to get pregnant in march (maximum) in order for Tanaka to be born in December. But there's one chance out of 12 for her sister to be born in January. 2 chances out of 12 for her to be born between January and February which would suit. I find it quite odd. Their mother would have just one month at best between the two sisters which is plausible but still… 

I don't know why but two babies born on the same year (or between January 1902 and January 1903) doesn't fit for me, even if it does in theory…

7 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

if her sister was born in early January let's say, it would mean their mother would have to get pregnant in march (maximum) in order for Tanaka to be born in December. But there's one chance out of 12 for her sister to be born in January. 2 chances out of 12 for her to be born between January and February which would suit. I find it quite odd. Their mother would have just one month at best between the two sisters which is plausible but still… 

I don't know why but two babies born on the same year (or between January 1902 and January 1903) doesn't fit for me, even if it does in theory…

I have two cousins (siblings) who are born 11 months apart. It happens fairly regularly in the world. More so in the past when families had lots of babies because some would die due to illnesses we've stamped out nowadays.

I'd note that the Guiness Records lot claim Tanaka was a premature born baby too, which means your timeline is wrong. 

Also, if Tanaka was the 7th of 8th children as various Japanese and other news sources reported over the years, there's no way her mum was born in 1886. Just saying.

1 minute ago, msc said:

I have two cousins (siblings) who are born 11 months apart. It happens fairly regularly in the world. More so in the past when families had lots of babies because some would die due to illnesses we've stamped out nowadays.

this is plausible. But I don't think it suits with her being born in late December anyway : it would mean her mother would have at the best two months between each pregnancy (if not one, which is plausible but still…). I don't say it invalidates her longevity record or anything but it's just hanging by a thread. Something is odd with the dates, and has always been.

Wouldn't be surprised if we find out in some years that she was in fact 2 or 3 years younger than said. 

The fact that her son published a book when she was 107 about her longevity (when she was "not that old" with a lot of quotation marks) shows the interest and the greed her family showed upon her longevity and coincidently she became the 2nd oldest person ever. 

And the thing with her being the 7th or 8th children is also quite odd as her mother seems to be noted as born in 1886. Either her mother is born in 1886 and Kane Tanaka didn't have that much older siblings (1 or 2 maximum) or her mother wasn't born in 1886. It seems like there is some mistakes in date in this family hence my concern about her year of birth being 1903. 

3 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Sounds like someone just wants the French Randon to jump in the rankings @La Faucheuse :D

Ahah Absolutely, at least there is no doubt with her (i know there is not much doubt with Tanaka too but it’s just patriotism you know ;)

2 hours ago, msc said:

I have two cousins (siblings) who are born 11 months apart. It happens fairly regularly in the world. 

I've always heard this referred to as Irish Twins.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2022 at 19:19, arghton said:

The class of 1910 men is still strong, but we'll see how many are still alive in 2023, here are the (known) ones remaining from 1909 and 1910. Still a lot of people blocking some Indian news sites from calling Fauja Singh the "world's oldest man":

Pictures of some below their name. Now also with the 1911 cohort.

Victor Chanca Santos aka. Don Cumpita (14 June 1910-) Wheelchair-bound on his 110th. Oldest man in Peru ever if he's alive.

Victor Chanca Santos aka. Don Cumpita dead at 112 according to facebook and Gerontology Wiki. Fifth-oldest man living at the time of his death.

• Like 2

On 18/01/2022 at 18:19, arghton said:

Shigeru Nakamura (11 January 1911-) Japan, wheelchairbound.

Shigeru Nakamura dead at 111.

If we go on like this Fauja Singh will soon be "the world's oldest man" and by then he will be too powerful to be stopped.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, drol said:

Shigeru Nakamura dead at 111.

If we go on like this Fauja Singh will soon be "the world's oldest man" and by then he will be too powerful to be stopped.

There are 6-8 men older than what Fauja Singh claims to be as Carlos Julio Rincon Garzon and Francis Zouein are now considered possible fraudsters, meaning that he's already in the "top 10". Also one in the potential "likely claimants" section Pauline Boulangger Mogollon died in December.

Here's Fraudster Fauja this month:

faujasingh2022.thumb.png.7efbf3a4030d4291bea0c308bfc59ef1.png

There are older claimants but interestingly almost all those widely known claimants seem to be in failing health or look much worse than a while ago. Padmashri Swami Sivananda claims to be 126 or something and is finally starting to look frail.

Dharampal Singh Gudha, that even more exaggerated version of Fauja Singh (was around 79, claimed to be 119) seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth in recent years and I have no idea if he's still alive. He'd be "only" around 85 now, but I think it's possible he's died off-radar, can't find anything recent on him.

• Like 3

Gisaburo Sonobe (b. 6 November 1911) is the new OLM in Japan. 

• Like 1

Two researchers wrote a book containing new evidence that Jeanne Calment actually died in 1934 and her daughter Yvonne pretended to be Jeanne. They claim that after 15 hours of Calment video recordings were made public there is now enough evidence to debunk her.

If Jeanne Calment is debunked Kane Tanaka could hold the title of oldest person ever. However, the same researchers say that she could potentially be a case of exaggerated age due to identity switch too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BKV2MF6Z/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=&linkCode=w00&linkId=&creativeASIN=B0BKV2MF6Z

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/calmentvalidation/viewtopic.php?p=112#p112

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 2

5 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

Two researchers wrote a book containing new evidence that Jeanne Calment actually died in 1934 and her daughter Yvonne pretended to be Jeanne. They claim that after 15 hours of Calment video recordings were made public there is now enough evidence to debunk her.

If Jeanne Calment is debunked Kane Tanaka could hold the title of oldest person ever. However the same scientists say that she could potentially be a case of exaggerated age due to identity switch too.

Nikolay Zak being one of these "researchers" I don't think this is anything. Widely considered a conspiracy theorist among gerontologists nowadays. He also claims Sarah Knauss and Lucile Randon are age fakers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arghton said:

Nikolay Zak being one of these "researchers" I don't think this is anything. Widely considered a conspiracy theorist among gerontologists nowadays. He also claims Sarah Knauss and Lucile Randon are age fakers. 

Actually, they have said that after research they accept Knauss' age, but they think that all the top cases should be rechecked. 

1 minute ago, Hanzem said:

Actually, they have said that after research they accept Knauss' age, but they think that all the top cases should be rechecked. 

they're just annoying. Rejecting all the top cases ? for what, they have been proved right so many times. Even for Kane Tanaka (whom I'm the most suspicious about)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanzem said:

If Jeanne Calment is debunked Kane Tanaka could hold the title of oldest person ever. However, the same researchers say that she could potentially be a case of exaggerated age due to identity switch too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BKV2MF6Z/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=&linkCode=w00&linkId=&creativeASIN=B0BKV2MF6Z

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/calmentvalidation/viewtopic.php?p=112#p112

This is definitely going to happen one day. Her case is absolutely wild that I’m not sure why anyone believes it tbh. Maybe because ppl want something to believe in and it upsets them to think that something they’ve known for so long is actually an elaborate hoax?

When I initially posted this on the forum several years ago, I got so much shit from other users who pelted me with the Robert Young type lines of (“she’s the most thoroughly checked case ever” etc). The same Mr Young everyone else disses and dismisses the rest of the time.

There is a noticeable physical difference facially between Calment’s supposed photos from her youth and her appearance in later years. Also ask yourself… 122 in 1997, when no other person every reached the feat of 119 at that stage? It’s bonkers. It’s even more far fetched once you factor in that she was a strong smoker(!!!), which runs contrary to every other supercentenarian case of note. 

It upsets a lot of ppl on DL because she is some form of deity here. It’s like walking into church and dissing their god or their prophet, but I’ve read up on all the scepticism and I agree that the case is most probably an identity switch. Ms Calment was likely ~99 when she died. 

She is not a deity for me.

But I find it very hard to believe a mother could switch place with her daughter without anyone recognizing her.

I mean, Jeanne may have had some people she knew. Didn't they recognize it was a different person? I find it very very strange.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drol said:

But I find it very hard to believe a mother could switch place with her daughter without anyone recognizing her.

I mean, Jeanne may have had some people she knew. Didn't they recognize it was a different person? I find it very very strange.

plus, there is no goal in doing so. her taxe inheritance were really slow apparently and people proved it. I don't think she faked it tbh. But I can understand why people think so. Anyway, we can all agree that this Russian study is bullshit as the writer wasn't a researcher at all and was linked to the Kremlin which tries to diminish the health and scientist progress of western countries

what I don't understand is why French government don't want to exhume the bodies of both Calment ladies and have an ADN test. It would fixe the thing once and for all.

also, just found this new article about the case of a french man named Juhan Russeil, supposedly born in 1484 and dead in 1608 at the age of 124. This case first came to fame in 2000 but was quickly forgotten until recently when a genealogist from Deux Sevres department found this case. Probably fake but there is a death act and I just found it funny. 

I do find it strange that she is three years older than the 2nd-oldest person, BUT: it happens. The bell curve is only an idealized version of reality, there can be outliers at the very end.

Here, a list of the biggest tallest people who ever lived:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_people#:~:text=According to the Guinness Book,(8 ft 11 in).

The tallest person was actually 3 cm taller than the 2nd oldest person, only then, there is a 1cm difference between 2nd and 3rd, and 3rd and 4th. The 3-year-age-gap can happen.

I do wonder about pictures of her. Her 121st birthday picture, does she look more like 121 or more like 98? Or her 70th birthday picture, does she look more like 70 or more like 48? I kind of think she looks somewhere in between - a "youngish" looking 70-year-old woman or an aged 48-year-old woman.

I would say her having aged well is more likely than her having aged badly. Even if her real age was 99 at time of death, that still points towards aging slowly instead of aging fast.

46 minutes ago, drol said:

Didn't she live in a village, and early 20th century it would've had a small population? By the time she was old, most (if not all) of the people around at the time of her identity switch would've died. I don't find that hard to believe at all.