We do actually have a Pete Doh...oh wait. No we don't. :)

Getting back on topic, sort of. There's nothing better, in my opinion, on a cold winters evening than a 'whisky mack' in front of of a roaring fire, (cucumber optional).

Aha!

Crabbie's Green Ginger Wine!

Pub I used to go to in Aberdeen sold it for the price of a shot of lemonade (15p if I remember rightly, this was about 18 years ago) for a while, so you could get a pint of it for about a quid.

Palled after a while though, and the hangover was less than pleasant, too.

Nice to see Amanda back again. I hope you'll stick around for a while.

Perhaps we can get the Doherty thread re-opened for you soon. and then there's the business of your avatar...... :)

Getting back on topic, sort of. There's nothing better, in my opinion, on a cold winters evening than a 'whisky mack' in front of of a roaring fire, (cucumber optional).

Aha!

Crabbie's Green Ginger Wine!

Ah yes, good old Crabbie's Green Ginger Wine! I agree that there is nothing like it. :)

crabbiesWine.jpg

Ah yes, good old Crabbie's Green Ginger Wine! I agree that there is nothing like it. :)

Looks yucky. :)

regards,

Hein

Ah yes, good old Crabbie's Green Ginger Wine!  I agree that there is nothing like it.  :)

crabbiesWine.jpg

Aaah! Fond memories! It's a long time since I had some of that stuff.

It's now on the shopping list ...... :)

EDIT:

Looks yucky. :)

regards,

Hein

A taste worth cultivating. :)

Essential in an Aberdonian climate.

For what little it's worth I haven't touched alcohol for 8 years.

Also there do seem to be fewer boozy celeberities. It used to be that your Ollie's and your Bernard's were often publically drunk/dying and were good safe bets for a DL type list. The likes of PD will be cleansing himself in rehab any day now.

Nice to see Amanda back again. I hope you'll stick around for a while.

Perhaps we can get the Doherty thread re-opened for you soon. and then there's the business of your avatar...... :)

Thank you, but I am over the Doherty thing. I just can't keep up or be bothered to defend him any longer. The avatar thing though ... I'm going to get some advice & get one this time around.

I've just read in Horse and Hound that a 20 year old girl was arrested at a recent country fair for wearing a t-shirt with the slogan 'Bollocks to Blair'. Apparently the police were worried that the elderly may find it offensive. Can this really be an offence worthy of being arrested for? Are the elderly really that bothered? Would they not find the 'FCUK' more offensive?

Guest An elderly person
I've just read in Horse and Hound that a 20 year old girl was arrested at a recent country fair for wearing a t-shirt with the slogan 'Bollocks to Blair'. Apparently the police were worried that the elderly may find it offensive. Can this really be an offence worthy of being arrested for? Are the elderly really that bothered? Would they not find the 'FCUK' more offensive?

I am 103 (and still have all my own teeth) & find it very offensive. Anthony is such a nice young man.

I am 103 (and still have all my own teeth) & find it very offensive.

I'm surprised that you find still having your own teeth at 103 offensive.

Guest An elderly person

You young people can be so silly. I meant the t-shirt not the teeth.

Guest An elderly man
I am 103 (and still have all my own teeth) & find it very offensive. Anthony is such a nice young man.

I'm 63 and I can still shag without glasses. I say "FCUK Blair."

What? You are 103, still have all your own T-shirt, but you find it very offensive?

Fair enough.

Keep it next to the telegram from the Queen do you?

Guest An elderly person

What? You are 103, still have all your own T-shirt, but you find it very offensive?

Fair enough.

The Queen now sends out t-shirts with amusing slogans instead of telegrams (just one way of modernising the Royal Family).

Fair enough.

The Queen now sends out t-shirts with amusing slogans instead of telegrams (just one way of modernising the Royal Family).

you're not a member of the Royal Forums, are you???? :ph34r:

Fair enough.

you're not a member of the Royal Forums, are you???? :ph34r:

The hell with the royal faimly.....I can't see why anyone would bother.

:) Then why didn’t you just say so in the first place?

Edited by football_fan

Summer beer's coming out soon Monteith's, can't wait. For summer that is, it snowed two weeks ago. Honey and spice beer's not so great when one's in the first stages of hypothermia, such weather calls for sterner stuff.

Edited by Magere Hein

How refreshing to see that in an age of war and hatred that there are engineers out there labouring to find constructive, peaceful uses for technology.

I believe some hotel minibars in Japan have a similar device installed which alerts the authorities when the contents are gone.

How refreshing to see that in an age of war and hatred that there are engineers out there labouring to find constructive, peaceful uses for technology.

I believe some hotel minibars in Japan have a similar device installed which alerts the authorities when the contents are gone.

They are testing it in a few places in the U.S. and Canada as well.

Oh....okay.......sorry I neglected to answer you earlyier milwall

Are those earth years or Jupiter years?

Oh....okay.......sorry I neglected to answer you earlyier milwall

Are those earth years or Jupiter years?

Reminds me of a rather befuddled American woman in a laundrette in Sydney once. Trying to decipher the operating instructions on the drier and come to grips with those pesky Australian (non-American) coins, she turned to one of the other customers.

"Excuse me sonny," she said. "These instructions... Are they American or Australian minutes?"

Did I mention she was American?

Was she American American Honez or one of those imported sorts.....?

I mean did she come to be American by consequence of beer drinking or beet pickling? Was it first or last generation and was it an American of Canadian standards or Mexican or U.S,. standards? /from the sound of it she was a u.s.s.a educationaleeed person.

Holerr Budweiser King of all beers. f**k these Coors light commercials, always being advertised especially the one with the guy going into the fridge and his wife is screaming it's blue it's blue! Let the people in Colorado drink the rocky mountain specialty, even if a few other beers are of better quality, Budweiser is legendary.

Holerr Budweiser King of all beers. f**k these Coors light commercials, always being advertised especially the one with the guy going into the fridge and his wife is screaming it's blue it's blue! Let the people in Colorado drink the rocky mountain specialty, even if a few other beers are of better quality, Budweiser is legendary.

Are you talking about the delicious Czech stuff, or that really horrid disgusting Mrrrcan stuff which is sold under the same name, though pronounced somewhat differently?