Sign in to follow this  
Earl Gloomy

Raine, Countess Spencer

Raine, Countess Spencer -born september 1929- (nick named "Acid Raine" by the Spencer family and during her time at Althorp it was known as the "Raine of Terror" accroding to wiki)

Did you know she is a board member of Harrods?

What's her health like?

No idea, tricky person -can't find that much about her, only that her mother is Barbara Cartland.

No idea, tricky person -can't find that much about her, only that her mother is Barbara Cartland.

She obviously had no lack of social ambition, marrying three times, all in the nobility.

regards,

Hein

She obviously had no lack of social ambition, marrying three times, all in the nobility.

regards,

I bet it has something to do with her romantic novelist of a mother who published just under 800 books, selling in the billions (all romantics that were pretty much the same). Raine must be worth a few bob or two with marrying aristorcrats and being a board member of Harrods, obviously enjoys the luxurious life-style that not only brings money but also a a title. One assumes she does anyrate from little i have read about her, i wounder if she has her mother's Thingwall House.

Barbara Cartland (Raine's mother) lived from 1950 at Camfield Place, a stately mansion in Hertfordshire. This house is still in the family, I believe.

Raine was the daughter of Alexander McCorquodale, Barbara's first husband. When Raine was 4 her mother divorced and married Alexander's cousin, Hugh, and together they had two sons. Ian and Glen.

Raine is, reportedly, a friend of Victoria Beckham.

Further profitable research could probably be done in the restaurant at Harrods.

Or perhaps in the staff canteen!

I need a dishwasher, now. :lol:

regards,

Hein

Oh dear! I'm sorry about that. :o

A wedding photograph.

Good old Private Eye, had to laugh at the "still only 90 pence" it £1.30 now

Guest Harrodian

This week, I was at the launch party of Harrod's new theme, 'Truly British.'

Among the guests was Countess Raine Spencer, she looked well, alive and kicking!

I was advised not to start a conversation with her, otherwise she'd bore me to death! Shook her hand though!

Re Cartland's book sales, the evidence is harder to find than you'll think. At the end of her life there were regular lists of sales published in places like The Writers and Artists Yearbook, she never featured.

A billion is a serious over-estimate. Stephen King hasn't sold anywhere near this and he's shifted books better than any living author over the last 30 years.

What is true is that she published loads, sold a lot and - at the end of her life - a warehouse contained tens of thousands of unsold books, almost all of which were destroyed because nobody wanted them.

Oh the irony...

:(

Guest Twayne

Her daughter is Charlotte Legge who lives in Chelsea.

Son, Richard, Earl of Dartmouth.

Known them for years.

T

Guest Guest

haha know whats funny? my name is raine spencer...i just looked my name up on google and found this

haha kinda funny eh? :lol:

Oh the irony...

haha know whats funny? my name is raine spencer...i just looked my name up on google and found this

haha kinda funny eh? :)

Anubis ,dont let Harrods get the hump.

Guest - NO.Quite sad really.