Deadornot

Who are the immortals?

We should still do the next immortal death prediction of 2023 anyway when someone from the list dies like I said to mirror the main DL and Crowdsourced. 

• Like 1

Parkash dead at 95.

Or they just jumping the gun.

• Like 4

Don't know, now it's back....

Parkash Singh Badal (1927-2023)

"Parkashes to ashes, dust to dust"

It's (not) a SAD day in Punjab

image.jpeg.88781c27b59c314a93ad3ddcf4956251.jpeg

Age at death: 95

Known health issues: COVID in 2022, hospitalised like five times in the same year, chronic lung and heart disease, frequent gastritis, rumoured stomach cancer. Tag team with Mahathir in hospital in 2023, respiratory failure in 2023.

Cause of death: Easier to say what was not considering all the disease he suffered from.

Alignment: Easily the most important politician from Punjab, which he ruled for quite forty year. Someone that even supporters would define "a magnificent bastard", he was known for extended corruption and increasing the wealth of himself and his son Sukhbir.

• Like 6

On 24/04/2023 at 17:59, Steve said:

We should still do the next immortal death prediction of 2023 anyway when someone from the list dies like I said to mirror the main DL and Crowdsourced. 

Not going to do a separate poll, but you can post the name you presume will be next in this thread.

Well I predict Zhang Lixiong as per my posts above for the next immortal hit of 2023

I predict Sheikh Salem Al-Ali. 

sheiksalem.jpg.5f2ae588d274cd06d526898097261afe.jpg

He's not more ill than usual as far as I know but more than two decades of health decline needs to end some day. He was much larger than Kissinger in the 1990s when this image was taken. 

Apparently she was rushed to hospital on Sunday 23 April after suffering the stroke, but Valdas said doctors were confident there would be no serious consequences on her health. Then she either suffered another or deteriorated on Thursday and underwent emergency surgery. Since then she has been in a serious but stable condition in ICU. Notice this is already her second hospitalization this year.

She has been on her way out for at least four years. I guess her death would terribly affect Valdas. They have no children and live for each other.

On 20/10/2022 at 12:17, arghton said:

Also one of the last of CPIM's "old guard" with N. Sankaraiah, maybe Nabeesa Ummal and Paloli Mohammed Kutty. P. K. Gurudasan, TK Hamza, Anathalavattom Anandan, S. Ramachandran Pillai, Vaikom Viswan, Pirappancode Murali, fellow immortal Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee and Pinarayi Vijayan could be a bit too young to be considered old guard. CPIM has produced a lot of immortals.

Nabeesa Ummal dead at 92.

• Like 2

I forgot MM Lawrence from that CPIM list. Former CPIM central committee member, and Achuthanandan's friend/enemy/comrade, age around 93. He's been getting frailer and frailer for the last six years, multiple lengthy hospitalisations since 2021, bedbound and hospitalised in October 2022. Most recently he's been criticizing the current CPIM leaders and outlived his son (BJP member Avd. Abraham ML) two months ago.

Alma Adamkienė said to be "stable" but Valdas says he "doesn't see that stabilization" as she doesn't react to anything in any way.

• Like 1

On 26/12/2021 at 20:54, arghton said:

12. Vietnam guy #2 politician Đặng Văn Thân had a stroke years ago and has looked dead since.

My 2021 list suggestion, Vietnamese politician, former central committee member and one of the fathers of Vietnam's postal services Đặng Văn Thân got the Communist Party 70th membership award today. He's said to be "in declining health" (only a corner of his hospital bed is visible in the images) but "still expressed his joy and honor"

Adamkienė "stable but critical/complicated"

Doyle Brunson (1933-2023)

Look what poker face is keeping Doyle! Doyle...?

image.jpeg.0c002951c58a901b5b2842dd64dba74b.jpeg

Age at death: 89

Known health issues: Terminal cancer in the 70s, from which he recovered "as a miracle". Continued pneumonia hospitalizations in recent years, relying on mobility scooter recently.

Cause of death: Natural causes.

Alignment: Greatest poker player to ever live.

• Like 4

Superstar Billy Graham (1943-2023)

My days are numbered (Superstar Billy Graham, 1965)

Donate to Jesus, pray GoFundMe (a very confused Valerie Coleman)

image.jpeg.717a6915c07979d5aecbe2676a750dd8.jpeg

No, no wait, this one:

image.jpeg.d9ae78f2993c599cdac21834b7d703ce.jpeg

Age at death: 79 (human years), 134 (wrestler years)

Known health issues: Liver transplant in 2002, bowel ostruction in 2006, terminal liver disease in 2010, double pneumonia and heart failure in 2013, liver disease in 2014, internal bleeding and surgery in 2016, complications from diabetes in 2022, skull infection, kidney failure in 2023.

Cause of death: Foul play.

Alignment: Superstar had become a running joke on DL due to his ability to exaggerate his health issues. Indeed we'll miss his continued hospitalization, his infinite faith in GoFundMe and moderate use of roids.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Alignment: Cunt. Infamously piggy backed on to a real life sex abuse scandal to claim he had seen people abusing kids himself, which he'd invented to try and get "hush money" (his own words) out of Vince McMahon. It's incredibly difficult to get into a dispute with McMahon and look the lesser man. Also a notorious drug pusher. 

On 10/04/2023 at 14:38, arghton said:

Zhang Lixiong made a rare appearance last month...apparently he's in hospital again:

lixiongimage.png.e476082e517a48835772e8ab84b14ad6.png

That's a nasogastric tube, high flow nasal cannula and atleast one other tube going into him. And there's also an IV pole and whatever else in the background. 

This one is higher in quality:

flocare.jpg.b59ea1ced87b7ffe53f9db96322f835f.jpg

That's atleast a Nutricia Flocare Infinity feeding pump in the background. He looks...decaying in this image but looked great and lucid in the video that's been posted on Chinese social media (which suprises me as he was apparently suffering from major memory loss in 2018). Even though this is from two months ago I'd be very suprised if he made it to his 110th. I doubt someone in that condition can be kept alive for a very long time. Doing very well for someone who was in coma in 1936 though.

Edit: In other news, Sheikh Salem's internet prize was recently awarded to Vint Cerf. I don't think he's ever participated in ceremonies related to the prize and one of his daughters is now the Chairperson of the trustee board of the award. As far as I know old Sheikh Salem only holds the National Guard Chief position nowadays, occasionally releasing statements that could as well have been written by someone else.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, arghton said:

This one is higher in quality:

flocare.jpg.b59ea1ced87b7ffe53f9db96322f835f.jpg

That's atleast a Nutricia Flocare Infinity feeding pump in the background. He looks...decaying in this image but looked great in the video that's been posted on Chinese social media (which suprises me as he was apparently suffering from major memory loss in 2018). Even though this is from two months ago I'd be very suprised if he made it to his 110th. I doubt someone in that condition can be kept alive for a very long time.

Poor man… If ever I reach this level of ailments, I’d beg for someone to unplug me. But maybe this if because I’m not a Chinese politician…

anyway, What is this mark on his right cheek ?

• Like 1

Alma Adamkiené (1927-2023)

"I hope to put her back on her feet by winter " (Valdas Frankenstein Adamkus)

"Fuck Jimmy Carter!" (Alma's last words)

image.jpeg.3d44f60fd2b8c068865e1a9f1402ee96.jpeg

Age at death: 96

Known health issues: Severe stroke and month-long hospitalization in 2019, bedridden since. Hospitalised in 2021 with unknown virus and in critical condition with COVID in 2022. Stroke in 2023.

Cause of death: Stroke

Alignment: Seemed a nice person by all accounts.

• Like 2

One third of the 2023 immortal class gone and we are still not yet half way through the year! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drol said:

Alma Adamkiené (1927-2023)

"I hope to put her back on her feet by winter " (Valdas Frankenstein Adamkus)

"Fuck Jimmy Carter!" (Alma's last words)

image.jpeg.3d44f60fd2b8c068865e1a9f1402ee96.jpeg

Age at death: 96

Known health issues: Severe stroke and month-long hospitalization in 2019, bedridden since. Hospitalised in 2021 with unknown virus and in critical condition with COVID in 2022. Stroke in 2023.

Cause of death: Stroke

Alignment: Seemed a nice person by all accounts.

people born in 1927 are already 96 ? Jesus…

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Gonna cross-post this comment here because Gershon Edelstein is on the immortals list.

7 minutes ago, arghton said:

This time 100-year-old haredi leader and spiritual leader of Israel's Degel HaTorah party (and one of drol's immortals) Gershon Edelstein hospitalized

• Like 1

Gershon Edelstein (1923-2023)

"Pah....amateur" (Mordechai Ezrachi)

"Oh, no, now that cunt Shmuel Kamenetsky will take my place" (Gerhson's last words)

image.jpeg.5d6ff4b96d9d3c50da1920d4dc4dcba0.jpeg

Age at death: 100

Known health issues: Heart surgery in 2011, ICU in 2019, hospitalised in May 2021 and January 2022. Heart attack and COVID in July 2022. Hospitalised in 2023.

Cause of death: Who knows? It was such a shocking sudden death.

Alignment: The classic ultra-Orthodox cunt.

• Like 4

Burmese perennial immortals lister Gen. Thura U Tin Oo visited again, video from some days ago:

Senile, a victim of elder abuse, clearly very frail but doing well for someone who had a massive stroke six years ago and was on oxygen with covid last year.

• Like 3