millwall32

Ernest Borgnine

Which reminds me is Peanut Butter Man still with us?

Who?

Guest Guest

Who?

I think BB means ex- Pres Jimmy Carter ( his family were in the Peanut trade in Georgia )

Who?

I think BB means ex- Pres Jimmy Carter ( his family were in the Peanut trade in Georgia )

No I meant Bob Hastings who worked with Ernie back on McHale's Navy. Hastings went on to advertise for Skippy Peanut Butter (before Annette Funicello did) and he also appeared as Kelsey the owner of Kelsey's Bar on All in The Family he then went on to work on the day time serial General Hospital as a police chief Bert Ramsey who had the hots for Lesley Webber. From what I can recall he never did anything with her that would have made you think he was into peanut butter but back then they didn't show as much bedroom stuff on the screen.

Who?

No I meant Bob Hastings who worked with Ernie back on McHale's Navy. Hastings went on to advertise for Skippy Peanut Butter (before Annette Funicello did) and he also appeared as Kelsey the owner of Kelsey's Bar on All in The Family he then went on to work on the day time serial General Hospital as a police chief Bert Ramsey who had the hots for Lesley Webber. From what I can recall he never did anything with her that would have made you think he was into peanut butter but back then they didn't show as much bedroom stuff on the screen.

Oh riiight....I thought for a moment you were being obscure.

Who?

Oh riiight....I thought for a moment you were being obscure.

Me??? Obscure?

Perish the thought....................

So, getting back on topic, what are our thoughts on Ernest Borgnine. Personally, I think my "another old guy" argument applies here, although feel free to provide to evidence to the contrary.

So, getting back on topic, what are our thoughts on Ernest Borgnine. Personally, I think my "another old guy" argument applies here, although feel free to provide to evidence to the contrary.

As with so many names suggested for the list he is a good strong candidate who might or might not make it onto DL 2006 depending on the moderator's personal prejudices. Certainly EB doesn't have any serious ilnesses that make him a strong candidate or would make it a waste to not include him.

Fat sod though......

From what I can find out Ernest Borgnine appears to be in good health and still working, there is nothing to indicate that he's likely to die any time soon.

Probably not a good selection for '06.

From what I can find out Ernest Borgnine appears to be in good health and still working, there is nothing to indicate that he's likely to die any time soon.

Probably not a good selection for '06.

Agreed. He's about as likely to die as anyone else his age. It's certainly possible, but not the best way of highlighting DL candidates.

Yes, a red felt tip marker does a much better job at that highlighting stuff.

Has this thread been merged into his thread on the front page?

i'd guess so.

Frozen Stupid (2006) (post-production) .... Frank Norgard

Strange Wilderness (2006) (post-production) .... Milas

Oliviero Rising (2006) (completed) .... Bill

Cura del gorilla, La (2006) .... Jerry Warden

Chinaman's Chance (2006) .... Judge Holliday

The current state of the 89 year old's 2006 output, maybe we're in Jane Tomlinson - 'If I stop I drop' - territory.

Frozen Stupid (2006) (post-production) .... Frank Norgard

Strange Wilderness (2006) (post-production) .... Milas

Oliviero Rising (2006) (completed) .... Bill

Cura del gorilla, La (2006) .... Jerry Warden

Chinaman's Chance (2006) .... Judge Holliday

The current state of the 89 year old's 2006 output, maybe we're in Jane Tomlinson - 'If I stop I drop' - territory.

Or in B.B. King, "I'm old but I'm doing great despite all the tragedy around me, so quit bugging me" territory.

I have no idea where I was going with that really. I'm sort of in a "pick a fight" mood today.

Mary Port is a boring city.

Would know, like. 'I'm fra' Maryport.

Borgnine was born in Hamden Connecticut. I don't know that I have ever been there but it sounds like a pleasant enough place. Any one know more about it?

I was wondering does anyone here recall the name of that television show which ran very briefly a few years back where Borgnine playd a doorman? I can't recall the name of it but I think it was on NBC and part of the Must not see Thursday lineup right before that awful Seinfuld persons show.

Also if it would not be too much trouble has it been put out yet on VCR tapes or anything like that?

Why do you have this nearly fanatical interest in Mr. Borgnine, Mr.Brimley? It does not seem quite natural. have you sought out psychiatric help for it? I would be more than glad to refer you to my analyst.

Bennett, welcome, as a fast-posting newbie you'll probably find an appreciative audience hereabouts. However, you'll also learn a few lessons quickly, one of which being that any poster's 'obsession' with this guy doesn't even register on the radar. Should you feel like trawling our back catalogue you'll find thrads on Richard O' Sullivan and the last pope that heap irrelevance on irrelevance and explain the advanced ranking systems that see some of us labelled with; 'I need to get a life' and 'I really need to get a life.'

I was wondering does anyone here recall the name of that television show which ran very briefly a few years back where Borgnine playd a doorman? I can't recall the name of it but I think it was on NBC and part of the Must not see Thursday lineup right before that awful Seinfuld persons show.

Also if it would not be too much trouble has it been put out yet on VCR tapes or anything like that?

BB, I believe the show you're thinking of is The Single Guy. Award yourself a point for uniqueness, as I would imagine the sub-set of people who wish to buy The Single Guy on video tape (not even DVD, mind) and who also think Jerry Seinfeld is "awful", is exactly one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Single_Guy

Bennett, welcome, as a fast-posting newbie you'll probably find an appreciative audience hereabouts. However, you'll also learn a few lessons quickly, one of which being that any poster's 'obsession' with this guy doesn't even register on the radar. Should you feel like trawling our back catalogue you'll find thrads on Richard O' Sullivan and the last pope that heap irrelevance on irrelevance and explain the advanced ranking systems that see some of us labelled with; 'I need to get a life' and 'I really need to get a life.'

Why, thank you. That does explain things rather well, now doesn't it?

Posierhjdon adventure was on AMC channell 54 last nifgthh. I wathdched as Jack albertson spoke with sheleyy winters and her person died int the ,ovie even though she was a good sweimmer, didn't sse the Ernest Borgnine wert teeshirt part. wAS IT CUT OUT OR DID i JUST PASSs put fro a while and miss.it..<>//?

I fitrsr saw the movie in the Moviewe theater our on the Boulavard whern ity came out first.

Guest brian browers

this man is a living legend, theres a film due out in 2007 that,s currently being made, i cant remember the name of it off hand.

im normally one of those people that jumps for joy when a celebirty dies, but in this case im hoping he lives a few years more yet, not that i like him, he always plays a clown/bafoon type character in the films he,s in but at least he,s still working and giving enjoyment to the people that like his films