football_fan

Dead Drummers

Phantom, can you source owt online for Dave Mount's suicide? The Independent obit makes out he was working in insurance after Mud, says nowt about how he died. He had life support turned off but I can't find a reference to how he ended up in intensive care.

I'll see if I can find something a bit later on, it's pretty busy here at work at the moment.

One thing I won't do is email from the website, last time I did that was to find out details on Robert Earl Jones and I found out later when I got a reply that I had emailed his son, Matthew. :huh:

I was very apologetic about bothering them at a difficult time and he was very polite in his reply.

• Like 1

Cheers

Found this online also seeking the same information. Might be worth checking back. S'funny, if it's suicide it tends not to be the songwriters - Rob Davies and Ray Stiles wrote Mud's b-sides - who top themselves. Doubt there'll be anything approaching a Mud reunion now. Mainly because it would involve Davies and Stiles; one amongst the highest paid writer/arrangers in the UK and the other doing alright with The Hollies where he's been pulling a hefty pay cheque for twenty odd years. If Dave Mount did top himself maybe it was because he went online and saw the size of Davies and Stiles' life-insurance policies!

Freddie Marsden, drummer with The Pacemakers and brother of Gerry.

Already mentioned last week when he died

sorry -_-

Guest Guest

You are obviously a retarded W**ker and have no respect for the family of Dave Mount. You are just another wannabe musician who gets his kicks from being a prick.

You are obviously a retarded W**ker and have no respect for the family of Dave Mount. You are just another wannabe musician who gets his kicks from being a prick.

Mum?

This is getting a bit embarrassing now, I've told you before that I've said all I'm going to say about Dave Mount, can we just leave it alone now? It was over 10 years ago, things have moved on and so have I; we should start building bridges.

Wannabe musician who get's his kicks from being a prick!!!!

Fairly astute summary of at least half the bands labelled as 'glam rock' I'd say.

Guest me....

It as a great shame to hear about Dave's passing! The xmas tour with Slade, Mud2 and T-rextasy had started so it must of been very difficult as Dave was friends with many of them! For all you Mud fans out there, This band 'MUD2' features Syd Twynham who also played with Les Gray and the other guys for many years! They are superb: http://www.copysound.co.uk/sites/mud/

I heard somewhere that Dave Mount, drummer with 70s group Mud, had died but can't find any more info.

EDIT: Just found this

There's also this annonucement on the Mud website

Dave Mount was born on March 3rd making him 59 when he passed away

Apparently he topped himself. Shame.

That is a shame, I used to love their hit Tiger Feet and would dance for ages listening to it over and over again, then again I was only 3 years old at the time and of course I was also a big fan of T-Rex too

Dave Mount suicide question has generated no evidence. Hoax then, there's some sick f**ks out there eh? Not like us morally upstanding and erudite persons.

Mike Clark has died aged 63.

"toured as a drummer with Sam Cooke, Smokey Robinson and the Drifters"

Another drummer bites the dust thanks to cancer. This time it's Ian Wallace, who performed with Bob Dylan and Don Henley amongst others.

Ermmm you might want to look at the post above the one you just put :banghead:

Another drummer bites the dust thanks to cancer. This time it's Ian Wallace, who performed with Bob Dylan and Don Henley amongst others.

Ermmm you might want to look at the post above the one you just put :banghead:

Christ that's embarassing. I've just come home from work and clearly switched off my brain too soon. Mods please remove my post.

Christ that's embarassing. I've just come home from work and clearly switched off my brain too soon. Mods please remove my post.

Erm...................................nah, we'll just enjoy ourselves watching you squirm in embarrassment :banghead: One of us might remove it soon

The Jazz drummer, Bobby Rosengarden has died at the age of 82.

He played for an eclectic group of entertainers, ranging from Igor Stravinsky to Jimi Hendrix, and Dick Hyman to Arlo Guthrie, The New York Times said

"Besides traditional percussion instruments, Rosengarden was adept at the saw, washboard and spoons."

Danny Barcelona, the longtime drummer with Louis Armstrong and His All Stars, has died aged 77.

Affectionately called "the little Hawaiian boy" by Armstrong

"Uncle" John Turner who played with Johnny Winter, dead at 62.

"He also played or recorded with artists including BB King, Jimi Hendrix, Freddie King, Muddy Waters and Lightnin' Hopkins."

Kex Gorin, original drummer with Magnum, has advanced lung and kidney cancer. The NHS can't afford to prolong his life with medication. :huh:

Not altogether sure that he'll get a UK obit, but you never know...

Guest Bloke off of Spinal Tap
Kex Gorin, original drummer with Magnum, has advanced lung and kidney cancer. The NHS can't afford to prolong his life with medication. :huh:

Not altogether sure that he'll get a UK obit, but you never know...

For those about to drop, we salute you.

Jazz drummer Max Roach, selected by two on the DDP, has died. Well done to the DL member who selected him, just in case they want to remain anonymous. :referee:

Jazz drummer Max Roach, selected by two on the DDP, has died. Well done to the DL member who selected him, just in case they want to remain anonymous. :referee:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

He was on my CPDP team. Honestly he was. He took Phil Drabble's place. Looks like Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria is going to have to come off the subs bench.

He was on my CPDP team. Honestly he was. He took Phil Drabble's place. Looks like Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria is going to have to come off the subs bench.

I was a bit peeved about that one too, heard it on the radio when driving back to the office

Jazz drummer Max Roach, selected by two on the DDP, has died. Well done to the DL member who selected him, just in case they want to remain anonymous. ;)

I think there's no chance of that happening! :referee:

Guest Guest_OOO

He was on my CPDP team. Honestly he was.

Oh bollocks.

He was on my DDP top 5 for 08. :referee: I read a report about two months back, which said he was in his last year or so.

Well, at least all the recent culling of my 2008 team makes it a bit easier to choose other candidates.

To DDT and Phantom, I share your pain. To Anubis, excellent pick, well done.

He was on my CPDP team. Honestly he was.

Oh bollocks.

He was on my DDP top 5 for 08. :referee: I read a report about two months back, which said he was in his last year or so.

Well, at least all the recent culling of my 2008 team makes it a bit easier to choose other candidates.

To DDT and Phantom, I share your pain. To Anubis, excellent pick, well done.

oh well, back to my ever shortening shortlist for '08

• Like 1