football_fan

Dead Drummers

Cliff Davies, who was drummer in Ted Nugent's band during the 1970s, has shot himself.

Munetaka Higuchi, Japanese drummer for the metal band 'Loudness' has been diagnosed with Hepatocellular carcinoma which involves the liver. In most cases it basically means you have 3 - 6 months to live. His obituary value really isn't anything to scream about but he will certainly be another contributer in this category. I recently asked myself, what is it about drummers? Is it the loudness of the drums which concludes to such a relentless statistic of drummer obituaries? Tonight, I will leave that question with all of you.

Allen Shellenberger, a drummer who doesn't strike a match in my mind of drummers who exist as I know it, but he exists to some people and he plays for a band called 'Lit' and he has been hospitalized because of a brain tumor. A drum just beats for drummers in the world of death. I just can't figure it out.

John Rutsey drummer and founding member of Rush has died at the age of 55

Dave Grohl, ex-drummer of Nirvana and now frontman of Foo Fighters, is alive and well, and no sign of dying, just in case anyone was thinking of putting him on their list. How do I know this? I was at Wembley yesterday evening watching him ROCK THE f**k OUT OF THE STADIUM AND IT WAS ALL JOLLY EXCITING!

Of course, this post is meant to be informative and helpful, and not just a terrifically sad attempt at gloating that I had an absolutely ROCKTASTIC evening.

Dave Grohl, ex-drummer of Nirvana and now frontman of Foo Fighters, is alive and well, and no sign of dying, just in case anyone was thinking of putting him on their list. How do I know this? I was at Wembley yesterday evening watching him ROCK THE f**k OUT OF THE STADIUM AND IT WAS ALL JOLLY EXCITING!

Of course, this post is meant to be informative and helpful, and not just a terrifically sad attempt at gloating that I had an absolutely ROCKTASTIC evening.

You sure it wasn't in fact Smashy and Nicey you saw? :rolleyes:

Traci Michaelz, drummer for the Peppermint Creeps has died aged 34. No links yet, but I've heard it from a very reliable source. He's so freshly dead, he probably isn't even cold yet.

I went Saturday and am also feeling the need to brag to everyone I come across about how absolutely phenomenal the Foos were, and then when they were joined on stage by Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones of Led Zep, the stadium just erupted!

My hearing and voice have just about recovered! 260_emoticon.gif

Tony Ogden

"World of Twist" frontman turned drummer.

Nick Sanderson

World of Twist's other drummer, who replaced Tony Ogden....

He also drummed with Jesus and Mary Chain and sang with 90s indie also rans Earl Brutus.

Bobby Durham, a jazz drummer who had a personality on the drums which was described to be "exuberant" and also toured with Jazz greats such as the late Oscar Peterson and Ella Fitzgerald, has died of lung cancer in Genoa Italy, at the age of 71.

Legendary country drummer, Buddy Harmen died last night. He played the tubs on many tunes, including Ring of Fire, Stand By Your Man, Crazy, Pretty Woman and about 17996 others.

Earl Palmer, the drummer who played on The Fat Man, Tutti Frutti, La Bamba, You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin', River Deep Mountain High and plenty of other top tunes, has died at 84.

"I've been asked if people could borrow my drums because they like their sound. What the hell, they think the drums play themselves? I said, 'You really want 'em? Really? Okay. Cost you triple scale and cartage.'"

Spoken like a true session man.

Incidentally, the king of the session sticksmen, Hal Blaine will be 80 in February, while another great unsung tubthumper, Jim Gordon, still languishes in a prison funny farm after God told him to use Maxwell's Silver Hammer on his mommy.

Travis Barker, the drummer for Blink 182, is critically ill after surviving a plane crash which killed four other passengers

Travis Barker, the drummer for Blink 182, is critically ill after surviving a plane crash which killed four other passengers

Wasn't this the same Travis Barker who was falsely reported dead about a year ago???

Yes.

There were also rumors that Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction frontman) and Gavin DeGraw were on the plane, but both were not and are still alive. Now there are rumors that one of the dead is Shanna Moakler, Travis Barker's ex. However, there are other rumors that the female who died was identified as just an assistant of Travis (and not Shanna). So who knows?????

Right now, this plane crash is big news in the states b/c there was the possibility that all three musicians (Perry Farrell, Gavin DeGraw, and Travis Barker) were on the plane during the crash. This could've easily been another tragedy like February 3, 1959. Imagine if all three were on the plane and none of them made it...America would be mourning the loss of three prominent young musicians.

But it looks like all of them are gonna be okay (Travis is still in critical condition, but rumor has it the doctors are optimistic that he'll make it).

Travis Barker is VERY lucky to havep pull through. Bernie Mac notwithstanding, many celebrities who were on the brink of death have miraculously pulled through this year (Morgan Freeman, Kelsey Grammar, Patrick Swayze, Elizabeth Taylor).

God must really love our American celebrities. :blink:

Wasn't this the same Travis Barker who was falsely reported dead about a year ago???

Yes.

There were also rumors that Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction frontman) and Gavin DeGraw were on the plane, but both were not and are still alive. Now there are rumors that one of the dead is Shanna Moakler, Travis Barker's ex. However, there are other rumors that the female who died was identified as just an assistant of Travis (and not Shanna). So who knows?????

Right now, this plane crash is big news in the states b/c there was the possibility that all three musicians (Perry Farrell, Gavin DeGraw, and Travis Barker) were on the plane during the crash. This could've easily been another tragedy like February 3, 1959. Imagine if all three were on the plane and none of them made it...America would be mourning the loss of three prominent young musicians.

But it looks like all of them are gonna be okay (Travis is still in critical condition, but rumor has it the doctors are optimistic that he'll make it).

Travis Barker is VERY lucky to havep pull through. Bernie Mac notwithstanding, many celebrities who were on the brink of death have miraculously pulled through this year (Morgan Freeman, Kelsey Grammar, Patrick Swayze, Elizabeth Taylor).

With respect, none of them would have matched up to Buddy Holly, or even Lynyrd Skynrd.....:(

Yes.

With respect, none of them would have matched up to Buddy Holly, or even Lynyrd Skynrd.....:(

I think there weren't a lot of people in 1959 that saw the planecrash as a serious lose then, mainly because someone like Buddy Holly was at the time only populair with teenagers (a small part of the population). Because he died so young people make him bigger and he becomes a product. Just like: Jean Harlow, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Che Geuvara, Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrisson, Bruce Lee, Elvis Presley, John Lennon (was already an icon), Bob Marley, Andy Warhol, Brandon Lee, River Phoenix, Kurt Cobain, Tupac, Anna Nicole Smith and Heath Ledger (last two are becoming it)

Did I miss one???

I would actually add Tim Russert to that list. Although Russert was a fairly well known and respected journalist, he became much more well known this year prior to and after his death. He became more well known due to his extensive coverage of the 2008 US primaries.

Yes.

I think there weren't a lot of people in 1959 that saw the planecrash as a serious lose then, mainly because someone like Buddy Holly was at the time only populair with teenagers (a small part of the population). Because he died so young people make him bigger and he becomes a product. Just like: Jean Harlow, Carole Lombard, Buddy Holly, Big Whopper, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Che Geuvara, Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrisson, Bruce Lee, Elvis Presley, John Lennon (was already an icon), Bob Marley, Steve McQueen, Andy Warhol, Brandon Lee, Freddy Mercury, River Phoenix, Kurt Cobain, Tupac, Anna Nicole Smith and Heath Ledger (last two are becoming it)

Did I miss one???

Ah yes, the fast food and music industries united in grief at the tragic demise of Big Whopper, grilled in a plane crash.

Balls! Had him on my DDP in 2006 but he dropped into the reserves.

Earl Palmer, the drummer who played on The Fat Man, Tutti Frutti, La Bamba, You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin', River Deep Mountain High and plenty of other top tunes, has died at 84.

"I've been asked if people could borrow my drums because they like their sound. What the hell, they think the drums play themselves? I said, 'You really want 'em? Really? Okay. Cost you triple scale and cartage.'"

Spoken like a true session man.

Incidentally, the king of the session sticksmen, Hal Blaine will be 80 in February, while another great unsung tubthumper, Jim Gordon, still languishes in a prison funny farm after God told him to use Maxwell's Silver Hammer on his mommy.

• Like 1