Lady Die

Elvis Presley

2 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

@alt obits guy congrats on your first angry reaction!

:clivedunn:

LOL. It was as much amusement as anger. My posting came a minute after the first one, which is to say it was being posted as I was writing my version up. I edited my version to acknowledge the late entry and got an angry reaction. So, tit for tat, because I felt like it in the moment, I returned the favour.

• Like 2

So Elvis dies on the toilet and Lisa Marie dies of a bowel obstruction.

8 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

So Elvis dies on the toilet and Lisa Marie dies of a bowel obstruction.

Shitty ways to die

• Like 2

Report that Dixie Locke Emmons, Elvis' first sweetheart, has died: 

She was a mere 15 years old when she met 18 year old Elvis and they went steady until he signed up with Sun Records. They amicably parted as she wanted a 9 to 5 hubby, not a pop star.

• Like 4

Happy birthday,  king!

• Facepalm 2

On 13/01/2023 at 00:49, Lafaucheuse said:

15 january 2018 : Dolorès O’Rierdan, 46, overdosis 

21 january 2019 : Emiliano Sala, 28, plane crash

26 january 2020 : Kobe Bryant, 41, helicopter crash

30 january 2021 : Sophie, 34, fall

19 january 2022 : Gaspard Ulliel, 37, ski accident 

For five years now, every January, we have had the accidental death of a high-profile celebrity. 
If Presley dies in the next few days, it’ll feel like a curse/club/tradition (like the 27 club ?). We could add the french Cabu (76) and Charb (47) Who died in the Charlie Hebdo shooting on the 5th of january 2015 but one of them is too old to be included in this category, and the other is not that famous outside France I suppose

also, is cardiac arrest a natural cause or not ?  

Does Shawn Barber qualifies to continue this trend in 2024 ?

4 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Does Shawn Barber qualifies to continue this trend in 2024 ?

The ‘trend’ was a joke when you show-horned Sala, Ulliel, and whoever tf Sophie is into the ‘high profile’ category.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

The ‘trend’ was a joke when you show-horned Sala, Ulliel, and whoever tf Sophie is into the ‘high profile’ category.  

Sala death made the News for almost 2 months, Ulliel fame is comparable to Crumberbatch or Tom Holland out here in France and was fairly well known worlwilde too and Sophie was one of the most prominent electro singer of her Time. Once again, ignorance is not a virtue. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bentrovato said:

_133055601_dstar-nc.png.webp

I would love a good Elvis haunting story, something presented by Unsolved Mysteries, maybe. But these are chintzy cash grabs to activate what's left of that fanbase's coins.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lilham said:

I would love a good Elvis haunting story, something presented by Unsolved Mysteries, maybe. But these are chintzy cash grabs to activate what's left of that fanbase's coins.

I'll confess to an impulse buy in Tesco's whilst gathering Guinness to visit my mate. 

The gist of it being his step brother (who coincidentally lives in the International Hotel Las Vegas and presents a one man show sharing his memories of Elvis) is the one claiming the spooky encounters. So, yeah a cash grab to scrape the dregs of die-hard fan base cash, for sure

• Like 1

German actress, producer, director, and screenwriter Vera Tschowa, who appeared in more than 50 films, died at 83 years:

https://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/kino/kino/sie-flirtete-mit-elvis-trauer-um-film-legende-vera-tschechowa-87759984.bild.html

She famously dated Elvis Presley while he lived in Germany in the 1950s. She was in films including 1959's Und das am Montagmorgen and 1962's The Bread of Those Early Years.

• Like 2