Guest jeffonthego

Osama Bin Laden

George W. Bush once said that he'd dance on Bin Laden's grave. He's buried at sea George. Enjoy.

Well if Obama got to see the assassination live on a sat' feed when it going to be leaked to YouTube ?

I have to admit a curious morbid, well, curiosity like the hanging of Sadam.

Some money-hungry Yanks were already in the process of making a film about attempts to kill him :banghead: :

Osama bin Laden movie already in works

Updated 14 minutes ago

As news of Osama bin Laden's death circulates, it has emerged that an action thriller about the Al Qaeda leader had already been in the works.

Kathryn Bigelow, the Oscar-winning director of the 2009 Iraq war movie The Hurt Locker, and her screenwriting collaborator Mark Boal were meeting with actors for an Osama Bin Laden assassination project, when they learned US forces had killed the Al Qaeda leader in a Pakistani compound.

How this will impact on the project is yet to be seen. Bigelow and Boal, the director and writer of the 2009 best picture winner were already working on an action thriller tentatively titled Kill Bin Laden.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/03/3206013.htm

There's also now a souvenir market :puke: :

Death of bin Laden spawns memorabilia rush

Posted 5 hours 11 minutes ago

The killing of Osama bin Laden quickly spawned a mini-industry of memorabilia, with street vendors and online stores busily peddling trinkets to celebrate and commemorate the moment.

Hastily designed mugs and T-shirts appeared for sale online, many with bin Laden's face, sometimes crassly doctored, with the word "Dead" scrawled in large letters.

"Sorry it took so long to get you a copy of my birth certificate. I was too busy killing Osama bin Laden," said one T-shirt for sale for $US22 ($20.13) on the CafePress website that sells customised T-shirts, posters, mugs and gifts.

Another shirt depicted bin Laden with a bloody gunshot wound in his forehead, another showed a soldier carrying an American flag and the words "We Got Him," while another said, "Hey Osama, Tell Hitler We Said Hello."

On the more patriotic side, some designs featured an American flag and Sunday's date.

As news of bin Laden's death emerged, vendors rushed to Ground Zero, where the World Trade Centre towers once stood, to sell small American flags, at $US3 a piece, to members of the euphoric crowd cheering the former Al Qaeda leader's demise.

"As of this morning, the No. 1 search topic on our website is Osama bin Laden," said Joe Schmidt, head of consumer markets at San Francisco-based CafePress, which allows users to upload designs for shirts and bumper stickers.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/04/3206978.htm

Maybe we should set up a table at the WTC site and hawk some DeathList shirts...

George W. Bush once said that he'd dance on Bin Laden's grave. He's buried at sea George. Enjoy.

I think we should insist that George carry out his wish :banghead:

It has often been said that the USA always needs an opponent to fight against, so luckily for them, they now have a new one:

Bin Laden's touted successor 'even more extreme'

Posted 28 minutes ago

Ayman al-Zawahiri

Al Qaeda number two, an Egyptian surgeon considered the real mastermind of the global terror franchise, is now set to succeed Osama bin Laden as the world's most wanted man.

Ayman al-Zawahiri is seen as the real brains and strategist behind Al Qaeda, with even more extremist views than bin Laden himself.

Some fear an Al Qaeda with him at the top will become even more radicalised and bent on staging more deadly attacks to avenge his mentor's death.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05...?section=justin

So Deathlisterati, how long do we think he will last? Given the US took 10 years to find bin Laden, perhaps we should pencil this tosser in for the 2021 list.

I was about to ask who the new public enemy no.1 was going to be.

My money was on Cheney or Kissinger.

US admits bin Laden unarmed when shot

By North America correspondent Jane Cowan, wires

Updated 37 minutes ago

It has emerged Osama bin Laden was not armed when he was shot dead by US commandos at his compound in Pakistan.

[snip]

The revelation, likely to stoke anger in parts of the Halibut world, came from Mr Carney as he provided the most detailed account yet of the raid in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

"In the room with bin Laden, a woman - bin Laden's wife - rushed the US assaulter and was shot in the leg but not killed. Bin Laden was then shot and killed. He was not armed," he said.

After media reports quoting officials describing it as a "kill operation", the White House spokesman was pressed hard to explain the apparent contradiction that bin Laden was unarmed but also resisted.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/04/3207020.htm

The best part about this is Osama Bin Laden was DDP's 1,000th hit. I was afraid we'd get stuck with someone boring like Ted Lowe.

It has often been said that the USA always needs an opponent to fight against, so luckily for them, they now have a new one:

Bin Laden's touted successor 'even more extreme'

Posted 28 minutes ago

Ayman al-Zawahiri

Al Qaeda number two, an Egyptian surgeon considered the real mastermind of the global terror franchise, is now set to succeed Osama bin Laden as the world's most wanted man.

Ayman al-Zawahiri is seen as the real brains and strategist behind Al Qaeda, with even more extremist views than bin Laden himself.

Some fear an Al Qaeda with him at the top will become even more radicalised and bent on staging more deadly attacks to avenge his mentor's death.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05...?section=justin

So Deathlisterati, how long do we think he will last? Given the US took 10 years to find bin Laden, perhaps we should pencil this tosser in for the 2021 list.

I've always seen that horrible little man as being far worse than Bin Laden.Fortunately though now that OBL is 'dead' the full efforts of the US counter terrorism effort can now go into locating and eliminating him

That will explain Obamas descision to bury him at sea!

That will explain Obamas descision to bury him at sea!

Photos of the dead Bin Laden are circulating on the internet tonight.Whetehr they're genuine or not who knows.

Actually I suspect not so I've deleted the link to them and am now checking my computer for viruses.

These photos are utter bollocks. They ALL state "Unidentified body ......" Nothing about nor any photos of him in your link.

Photos of the dead Bin Laden are circulating on the internet tonight.Whetehr they're genuine or not who knows.

Actually I suspect not so I've deleted the link to them and am now checking my computer for viruses.

These photos are utter bollocks. They ALL state "Unidentified body ......" Nothing about nor any photos of him in your link.

You're right they don't seem to be of OBL himself but do seem to be genuine pics taken immediately after the operation showing the bodies of other men in the compound.

Frau Merkel's in big strife for trying to emulate the Americans and celebrate his death:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/german...,760580,00.html

On a similar note, President Obama's not releasing OBL's death pictures because

it would amount to gloating that would only inflame anti-American sentiment and do nothing to satisfy skeptics.

"That's not who we are. We don't trot out this stuff as trophies

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/04/2201...l#ixzz1LQmO0CXA

DNA of Bin Laden has come back with a reading of 24% cocoa, 57% coconut, 18% sugar, and 6% milk. Experts say this is probably due to the bounty on his head.

DNA of Bin Laden has come back with a reading of 24% cocoa, 57% coconut, 18% sugar, and 6% milk. Experts say this is probably due to the bounty on his head.

105%??!!??

I'm pretty sure that videos a fake :lol:

Are we doing forum awards? Because this guy right here is poster of the year.

Al Qaeda has confirmed that Osama bin Laden is dead, so that puts an end to all the conspiracy theories.

Bin Laden's Mother-in-Law has died of a stroke, after hearing the news of his death.

Osama bin Laden has sent Barack Obama a coded message to let him know that he's still alive: "3 7 0 H S S V 0 7 7 3 H" *

* Read it upside down if you don't get it.