VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

Some nice hairpieces here ;)

Some nice hairpieces here  :)

;):):)

Cpt. Caveman, now that takes me back!!!!!!!!

Ah, Elton John ... the only man to have more hair than he had 30 years ago.

Apart from a few 30-year-olds of course.

0200606003900.jpg

Hmm, thought it was him!

He was featured on a programme shown last year, where he an a younger guy were vying for the "Britain's fattest man" title? I seemed to recall that the conclusion was that the younger guy weighed more than him, and he was really pissed off by this and refused to accept it.

Have I got this wrong? Has the younger guy died or gone on a diet?

We need to be told!!!

Are "fattest" and "heaviest" the same thing - the latter would appear to be more definitive - discuss.

Hopefully someone can enlighten me by the time I get back from the chippy with my jumbo fish and chips!

0200606003900.jpg

Hmm, thought it was him!

He was featured on a programme shown last year, where he an a younger guy were vying for the "Britain's fattest man" title? I seemed to recall that the conclusion was that the younger guy weighed more than him, and he was really pissed off by this and refused to accept it.

Have I got this wrong? Has the younger guy died or gone on a diet?

We need to be told!!!

Are "fattest" and "heaviest" the same thing - the latter would appear to be more definitive - discuss.

Hopefully someone can enlighten me by the time I get back from the chippy with my jumbo fish and chips!

You're right - the bloke pictured is called Jack and referred to his hairpiece as "Jack's Creation".

He lived in a grim flat and kept his dead mother's room as a shrine to her etc.

When he was weighed, he didn't weigh as much as he thought and started swearing at the TV crews for rigging the scales.

Must be one of the greatest fly-on-the-walls of all time.

Mr Taylor, who weighed more than 50st (320kg), had rarely ventured outside his front door for 30 years other than for hospital appointments. He spent his days watching videos and eating.

But that quote from The Times isn't true - it turned out he was only about 28 stone, I seem to recall.

Jack also lost his trademark headgear. A neighbour said: "They had to take off his hairpiece in hospital and they never ended up giving it back to him.

"I believe his hair was made up of black gaffer tape, but nobody ever asked him about it."

You've got to love the Daily Record. ;)

Jack also lost his trademark headgear. A neighbour said: "They had to take off his hairpiece in hospital and they never ended up giving it back to him.

"I believe his hair was made up of black gaffer tape, but nobody ever asked him about it."

You've got to love the Daily Record. ;)

They should bury him in it ... then in a few hundred years time the equivalent of Time Team will unearth a skeleton will gaffer tape on it's head.

Guest iain

Clint Eastwoods mum has died at 97 :D . She looked so well at last years oscars awards too!

Edited by Magere Hein

Ruth Eastwood, Clint's mother, who a few years ago was present at the Academy Awards with him, died Saturday, aged 97.Link

That would have been one that would have fallen under "people I was surprised to find were still alive" if I had known about this earlier...

Ruth Eastwood, Clint's mother, who a few years ago was present at the Academy Awards with him, died Saturday, aged 97.Link

Figured she wouldn't last long.....

Although it seems son Clint did infact lie about her age as I would say only a year ago he claimed she was what 94?

World War II fighter ace Robert L. Scott, writer of the book "God Is My Co-Pilot"

Was going to post in near misses, figured he wasn't famous enough in the UK. I'm sure iain will get to it soon enough though.

Brrrrrrrrr

Not a very observant taxi driver.

Brrrrrrrrr

Not a very observant taxi driver.

Not very observant? The RAC route planner calculates the distance between Edinburgh and Berwick as 57 miles. No self-respecting taxi driver (especially a Scot!) is going to refuse that fare! I'm sure he will have charged for empty the return journey too!

Guest Guest

Chinese Teenager...

Death By ROCK!

(sorry, could only get The Suns' take on this)

A TEENAGER bounced off his bed and out of a third-floor window to his death during a wild impression of a rock guitarist.

Excited Li Xiao Meng was jumping around with his guitar in the bedroom of a Singapore students' hostel when he made the fatal mistake.

The 16-year-old business student, from China, was "hyped up with exhilaration" when he rebounded off the bed and out of the window, coroner Tan Boon Heng told the Straits Times newspaper.

“He was jumping up and down on the bed placed against an open window while imitating a rock guitarist,” Mr Tan said.

Jan Raniecki Chairman of Polonia Warszawa has died at the age of 70

Edited by Magere Hein

Elsie Gelling the oldest person on the Isle of Man died on Monday aged 105.

Imagine living on IOM for 105 years. Poor woman

Nobel Laureate Owen Chamberlaine, has died aged 85.

He was the co-discoverer of the Anti-Proton.

Ack, you beat me to it. I heard he was quite a brilliant and entertaining man.

Nobel Laureate Owen Chamberlaine, has died aged 85.

He was the co-discoverer of the Anti-Proton.

Ack, you beat me to it. I heard he was quite a brilliant and entertaining man.

Compared to?

Truman Capote/Ronnie Barker/Tallulah Bankhead/Roy Chubby Brown.