VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

couldn't find him mentioned, but Pablo Santos actor who starred in the tv series Greetings from Tuscan was killed in a plane crash at the weekend. He was 19

Sorry if it's elsewhere. John Young, chairman of Young's, the brewer, has died of cancer.

A takeover is quite likely, apparently. I don't drink bitter, so am not too fussed.

Sorry if it's elsewhere. John Young, chairman of Young's, the brewer, has died of cancer.

A takeover is quite likely, apparently. I don't drink bitter, so am not too fussed.

Young's brewery are situated just 3 miles from where I grew up. Last time my wife and I went to London we went on the brewery tour. I have a couple of bottles of Young's Winter Warmer in my fridge as well as a couple of bottles of Double Chocolate Stout. They still deliver the barrels of beer by horse & cart to every Young's pub within a 3 mile radius of the brewery.

Alphonsin, do you have a web link for that?

Edited to say: just found the report in The Telegraph

They still deliver the barrels of beer by horse & cart to every Young's pub within a 3 mile radius of the brewery.

Unfortunately they stopped that just recently. They still have the horses, though, which are good for doing PR shoots with etc. It won't be too long before we have a limited edition Young's glue, however, once they can't maintain the we-still-deliver-by-dray pretence...

They still deliver the barrels of beer by horse & cart to every Young's pub within a 3 mile radius of the brewery.

Unfortunately they stopped that just recently. They still have the horses, though, which are good for doing PR shoots with etc. It won't be too long before we have a limited edition Young's glue, however, once they can't maintain the we-still-deliver-by-dray pretence...

awww that's a shame. It was a real pain though if you were on the bus on a monday morning stuck behind the horse & cart. I remember they used to deliver all the way down to The Castle in Tooting and across to the Half Moon in Putney. Tom their Shetland pony is really sweet, I got to feed him which was great fun.

The dray delivery is still maintained by a brewery near me.

Mickey Haaaaarrrrgitay, actor and ex-husband of Jayne Mansfield has died aged 80

Oh, TF, how Iainesque of you. 15 hours after the information was first posted. I expected better.

Terrible, simply terrible.

*shakes head & tuts*

:banghead::D

Jack Banta, former pitcher for the Brooklyn Dodgers has died at the age of 81.

I don't have a weblink just yet, I read it on the CNN crawler last night but still haven't seen it posted on their website.

Guest stan the man

the man who created Crossroads Peter Ling has died.He also wrote scripts for Doctor Who and other tv stuff

the man who created Crossroads Peter Ling has died.He also wrote scripts for Doctor Who and other tv stuff

How come Peter Ling gets an obit from the times double quick and David Maloney doesn't?

Coincidentally, David Maloney's directorial debut on Doctor Who,

'The Mind Robber' was written by Peter Ling....

Guest stan the man

and the guy who was the producer of Mind Robber ,Peter Bryant,died last May,so it look slike its cursed!

Fraser Hines had better watch out! :)

and the guy who was the producer of Mind Robber ,Peter Bryant,died last May,so it look slike its cursed!

Now I'm scared. Mind Robber is one of Mr Handrejka's favourites. (Mostly due to the scene with Zoe in a catsuit strappd to the console)

Dead, Kawai Cockett.

Send ashes up in rocket,

Like Star Trek Scottie.

Yeah, barely a quarter-rhyme on the last but anyone else care to do better?

Kawai Cockett a singer of Hawaiian haiku. Dead aged 67.

Sample the magic here.

Man Who Shouted'Tequila!'in Song Dies

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — Danny Flores, who played the saxophone and shouted the word"tequila!"in the 1950s hit song"Tequila!", has died. He was 77.