Sign in to follow this  
Gunjaman5000

Work Or Home?

Is work or home your primary access to the Deathlist  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Surprise and Fear, Fear and Surp

Actually we do have a sceptic tank, and we use the gas (47Kg) bottles, but no oil tank though

Wasn't that the holding cell used by the Spanish Inquisition?

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition

Everyone, however, expects to see repeats of Monty Python. I used to love that sketch, but now I've seen it too many times. I see Eric Idle is out there plugging some new Python spin-off stage musical. Give it a rest, why don't you? You've made enough money off it over the years, it was good in its day, now it's just not funny anymore, like every other joke we've heard fifty thousand times. Do the decent thing and retire.

I mostly read the DL from home.

Actually we do have a sceptic tank, and we use the gas (47Kg) bottles, but no oil tank though

I don't believe you. Prove it.

The more I look at it the more I become aware that I realize I don't care one bit for the word Skivving.

What language is it derived from?

The more I look at it the more I become aware that I realize I don't care one bit for the word Skivving.

What language is it derived from?

it just reminds me of my Primary School

Guest Matthew Troy

I have always maintained that a good way to have a peaceful night of rest is by working hard throughout the day.

I have always maintained that a good way to have a peaceful night of rest is by working hard throughout the day.

That explains why I have trouble sleeping at night... :dead:

• Like 1

That explains why I have trouble sleeping at night... :dead:

There's a simple sulution to that: sleep by day.

regards,

Hein

While I do not believe in the concept of the 'golden age of DL', or anything for that matter, I do miss the old day-time crowd.

Lady Di and SttG would post something about animals. Josco, Baldrick, or Gunjaman5000, would post something amusing, while Vilebody and Anubis would post something rude.

I find myself with more time during the summer months, when I am a pool-boy, wine taster, and bikini inspector, so my posting habits are not 'work or home', but seasonally effected. A bit like Monty Don.

Things are quiet on here at the moment. Perhaps it has something to do with the credit crunch?

While I do not believe in the concept of the 'golden age of DL', or anything for that matter, I do miss the old day-time crowd.

Lady Di and SttG would post something about animals. Josco, Baldrick, or Gunjaman5000, would post something amusing, while Vilebody and Anubis would post something rude.

I find myself with more time during the summer months, when I am a pool-boy, wine taster, and bikini inspector, so my posting habits are not 'work or home', but seasonally effected. A bit like Monty Don.

Things are quiet on here at the moment. Perhaps it has something to do with the credit crunch?

We skived off to see the Tour de France whizz past a few hours ago. And Whizz they did in one of the flatest cities in Europe.

I was down south last year when they whizzed through and I managed to get a front row position beside the road. Sadly, I was busy when they whizzed down Blue Bell Hill at around 70mph, that was - apparently - spectacularly fast.

Thanks to a decrepit office heating system that broke down in early December I've been working from home for the last month. Wall-to-wall Doctors, live snooker and Bullseye repeats on Challenge - that's the life.

Anyway, back to the grind.

I've just got tickets for Robbie Williams next year. And I don't give a shit that none of you give a shit. I've just jizzed in my pants. So there. And the best thing is, I've faked a doctor's appointment for tomorrow morning, as they go on sale then and I was going to stay at home on the net for the morning refreshing the Ticketmaster page, but I got home tonight to an email saying I was entitled to pre-sale tickets - two minutes later and I'M ON MY WAY TO WEMBLEY! So I have Robbie tickets AND a fucking lie in tomorrow! BEAT THAT, FUCKERS!

Well Ive got a WHOLE day off today WITHOUT having to lie through my fucking teeth!!!!!!!

Im also pencilled in for a long weekend to HHHHHHHHHamsterdam next March..... :smoking-smiley:

Finally, today, i will mostly be having the angle grinder out chopping grot outta da floors of me ole classic car and i shall be doing it finking that im grinding through the neck of my manager.

BEAT THAT,FUCKERS!

Today is the sort of beautiful winter morning that makes living and working in the middle of nowhere all worthwhile. Frost on the fields, sun streaming through the window, not a cloud in sight, chuck another log on the burner, blue-eyed soul playlist on the ipod ... so sitting in front of a PC writing tosh about Only Connect doesn't seem so bad. I can even shave this fucking tache off tomorrow.

Sorry if I sound as smug as (Godot considered) DeadSox (to be). No doubt my computer will crash in 5 minutes, serving me right.

I'm on the rock 'n roll so the pay is crap but the hours are great!

Thing is, I'll be working harder than I've ever done in the next six weeks or so on you know what!

Thing is, I'll be working harder than I've ever done in the next six weeks or so on you know what!

Do you mention you know what on your CV?

Good God no!

Even though it has given me skills (html, databases etc) it would be a little awkward if I mentioned I run my own website and we get into the details... :unsure:

The DerbyDeadPool 2013 Kickstarter starts here then.

Donate £10 and get a DDP keychain

Donate £25 and your DDP teamname is displayed in flashing text.

Donate £1,000 and TMIB will actually kill your joker for you.

Good God no!

Even though it has given me skills (html, databases etc) it would be a little awkward if I mentioned I run my own website and we get into the details... :unsure:

Yes I learnt the hard way what not to put on the CV under hobbies. Even using the acronym FRPG was fraught with difficulties. If you had to explain it they didn't want you and if they knew what it was you didn't want to work there!

Home mostly Since I work for myself.