Handrejka

Poolofdeath

Ok, my rules for 2007 are up. Nothing's changed significantly but there are a couple of tweaks. I'm not taking entries yet but thought I'd post the rules in advance.

Ok, my rules for 2007 are up. Nothing's changed significantly but there are a couple of tweaks. I'm not taking entries yet but thought I'd post the rules in advance.

Where are they?

Where are they?

Right here Mr. Brimley sir.

Merci Tempus....

Handy; much as I like the humour in the bonus points for surviving a night in hospital it is - surely - a hostage to fortune to have that rule. Some celebs would be easy, I mean Sharon survives every night until he dies. Ronnie Biggs also, but some others could be confusing, does going in and out for a minor op in a day count? What about those famous enough for paper obits, ill enough to count and suffering from diseases away from the public eye. For example; I'm sure Lindsey Hughes - academic - will die of cancer soonish. But nobody is following her in and out of hospital. I don't even know if she'll die in a hospital, hospice or at home. Collating the points on that could be hard. But she's celebrated enough to get a national obit when she goes.

If you can prove it you get the points, if you can't you don't.

Another example of deadpools going too far. It's only a game and I think Hans rule is a good one for keeping the game going in between deaths.

The "any one" bonus point rule is excellent. I'd go for any one Russian dissident now living in London. Or is that too big a pool?

The "any one" bonus point rule is excellent. I'd go for any one Russian dissident now living in London. Or is that too big a pool?

You could say "any Russian dissident now willing to openly criticize Vladimir Putin" and you might get both of them

How about any one Albanian famous enough to get a broadsheet obit in the UK? In other words, in the unlikely event that two such Albanians died in 2007 you could only claim the 'any one' bonus on the first death.

Guest Guest_Star Crossed_*

I was going to join, H, but my IP address has been temporarily banned from lj for exceeding the "incorrect login" thing. I can't be arsed to think up a Username with which I'll be happy in the long-term, or indeed write down another set of login details on a scrap of paper which I'll subsequently lose, so I was trying to post in your journal, as you, and guessed your password as...

bugsindrag

docwhosux

handrejka

but none of them were your password, so it banned me.

Thing is, I can refresh my IP by just switching my router on/off. I haven't done that for ages though, because it just seems unfair to the router, doesn't it? It's doing a good job, routing stuff, so why switch it off?

Besides which, it would be less fun for MH if he didn't know it was me castigating mpfc every now and then.

How about any one Albanian famous enough to get a broadsheet obit in the UK? In other words, in the unlikely event that two such Albanians died in 2007 you could only claim the 'any one' bonus on the first death.

I can think of at least two straight off, and I'm not including "Honorary Albanian" Sir Norman Wisdom either.

EDIT

To save you asking, Leka, Crown Prince of Albania (King Zog's son) and Sali Berisha, the current President. Also a few footballers too, most notbaly Shefki Kuqi & Rudi Vata

so I was trying to post in your journal, as you, and guessed your password as...

bugsindrag

docwhosux

handrejka

Creep.

I was going to join, H, but my IP address has been temporarily banned from lj for exceeding the "incorrect login" thing. I can't be arsed to think up a Username with which I'll be happy in the long-term, or indeed write down another set of login details on a scrap of paper which I'll subsequently lose, so I was trying to post in your journal, as you, and guessed your password as...

bugsindrag

docwhosux

handrejka

Thing is, I can refresh my IP by just switching my router on/off. I haven't done that for ages though, because it just seems unfair to the router, doesn't it? It's doing a good job, routing stuff, so why switch it off?

Besides which, it would be less fun for MH if he didn't know it was me castigating mpfc every now and then.

Where did you try to log in? Here? My dead pool or the manx.net e-mail?

Guest Guest

I was going to ... so it banned me.

Thing is ... it was me castigating mpfc every now and then.

Your deadpool, on livejournal. Is it possible to join without having to waste what little brainpower remains after dealing with Windsor's withering abuse on coming up with a decent Username?

Your deadpool, on livejournal. Is it possible to join without having to waste what little brainpower remains after dealing with Windsor's withering abuse on coming up with a decent Username?

Hmm I guess so. Have a read through the entries and you might find an answer.

Guest me again.

Your ... remains ... with Windsor's withering ... Username?

Hmm I guess ... you might.

Ok, will do.

Updated to reflect the death of Pinochet.

Also I'm taking entries from now until the end of the year. Details of how to enter are on there.

Updated to reflect the death of Pinochet.

Also I'm taking entries from now until the end of the year. Details of how to enter are on there.

Back in third place.

My team was ready - but then Pinochet died. I'm quite busy this week so I won't be submitting in the next week.

That's me submitted my team for 2007 Han.

Don't go stealing any of my choices now. :blink:

Re any one from.....

Is any one from Deep Purple okay? Mistakenly posted this query on the DDP thread.

12 musicians have been a genuine Deep Purple at one time, one of them is long dead so, in effect, I'm saying one from the five there at the moment and the six former members.

Re any one from.....

Is any one from Deep Purple okay? Mistakenly posted this query on the DDP thread.

12 musicians have been a genuine Deep Purple at one time, one of them is long dead so, in effect, I'm saying one from the five there at the moment and the six former members.

Yes that would be fine.

Just to confirm, I've had entries in from the following teams

Devon Death Trip

The Magic Wanderer

Windsor the Troll

Football Fan

Deceased Hose

Oh, just in case anyone was worried, I've already sent all my entries in to the dead pools I'm playing in, so you don't need to worry about me stealing ideas.