honez

Things To Do While Waiting For Death... 2006

OK - I was going to make some Mary Kay joke, but the the cow....and the other thing.....and it just didn't work anymore.

They've taken the link down but today's Sun newspaper is reporting an eco-friendly funeral, now available in Lancashire where they did the coffin and contents in liquid nitrogen, separate out the metal - like a pacemaker or fillings - and give the rest as dust to the relatives. Suitable for scattering and dropping in a hole in the ground without generating those nasty greenhouse gases.

Tempting to those of us with a conscience about F*****g up the planet.

They've taken the link down but today's Sun newspaper is reporting an eco-friendly funeral, now available in Lancashire where they did the coffin and contents in liquid nitrogen, separate out the metal - like a pacemaker or fillings - and give the rest as dust to the relatives. Suitable for scattering and dropping in a hole in the ground without generating those nasty greenhouse gases.

Tempting to those of us with a conscience about F*****g up the planet.

If being conscienscious about the environment is your thing, may I recommend Promessa.

Relive the glory (and the gory) of Dinosaurs Attack!

I remember some Second World War bubble gum cards with very similar artwork (if you can call it that) depicting war time scenes. I think they were called battle cards. Imagine kiddies in the junior school playground swapping gory scenes of beheadings, people being shot by firing squad and various other bloodthirsty episodes. Yes they did make the Sunday papers (but not before I got my full set) in stories alleging that they would produce maladjusted adults obsessed with death. How wrong they were. :unsure:

I remember some Second World War bubble gum cards with very similar artwork (if you can call it that) depicting war time scenes. I think they were called battle cards. Imagine kiddies in the junior school playground swapping gory scenes of beheadings, people being shot by firing squad and various other bloodthirsty episodes. Yes they did make the Sunday papers (but not before I got my full set) in stories alleging that they would produce maladjusted adults obsessed with death. How wrong they were. :unsure:

Couldn't find the World War II ones, but I did find something similar issued by tops - Civil War News.

A little bit more research uncovered a guy who supposedly has a collection called "Battle!" which looks like what you may be talking about, but bugger if his links work (except for Dinosaurs Attack!, which allows you to view the whole collection).

The artist for all of these, by the way, was Norman Saunders.

I remember some Second World War bubble gum cards with very similar artwork (if you can call it that) depicting war time scenes. I think they were called battle cards. Imagine kiddies in the junior school playground swapping gory scenes of beheadings, people being shot by firing squad and various other bloodthirsty episodes. Yes they did make the Sunday papers (but not before I got my full set) in stories alleging that they would produce maladjusted adults obsessed with death. How wrong they were. :)

Couldn't find the World War II ones, but I did find something similar issued by tops - Civil War News.

A little bit more research uncovered a guy who supposedly has a collection called "Battle!" which looks like what you may be talking about, but bugger if his links work (except for Dinosaurs Attack!, which allows you to view the whole collection).

The artist for all of these, by the way, was Norman Saunders.

Thanks CP, revived alot of memories. These are the ones:

Battle cards

I spent many a pleasurable hour pouring over these florid little scenes.

Cause a security alert with jelly

Shop for food on the internet.

shoppingbm5.png

;)

countbetterbo9.gif

:o:dead::pop:;)

Go swimming in the sea near Maryport.

But seriously, if any East Eurpean posters have relatives trying to sneak into the UK round here you might want to check the story out. Apart from anything else the laddo is so abusive and loose in t'heed he's not proved too popular with the medical staff or the police.

Go swimming in the sea near Maryport.

But seriously, if any East Eurpean posters have relatives trying to sneak into the UK round here you might want to check the story out. Apart from anything else the laddo is so abusive and loose in t'heed he's not proved too popular with the medical staff or the police.

I don't think any sneaking is required from East Europeans these days.

UK recruitment agencies practically drag them here, with the willing cooperation of our wonderful government.

There should be a more realistic version of that site, featuring a 64 year old, fat, gin-blossomed, sexist alchoholic and a 22 year-old innumerate South African. It would shut at 10.45 sharp and have Sky Sports playing at 118 dB continuously. Anything you ask the pair to do would be answered by a non-committal grunt, or a sharp 'F**k off.'

Oh, and they would only serve shitty lager.

Remember Tammy the Virtual Bartender? Well she's got a friend now. Virtual Bartender 2

Find the most expensive thing for private sale on the internet. I found this rather nice motoryacht for a very reasonable £ 107,507,584.

Can anyone beat this? :huh: