Guest Banshees Scream

Charles Lane

Apparently, Lane narrated a version of "The Night Before Christmas" in 2006. I searched YouTube to see if I could find the video, but to no avail. I did, however, find the video of his

Maybe not the Ruby Muhammad of the acting world, but more lucid and active than a lot of 80-90 year olds methinks.

I've already talked about this. Lane is still walking down the long luxurious road of life.

IMDB lists 'You Know the Face' as in post production. Documentary on the man.

The actor's son, Tom Lane, said he was talking with his father Monday evening. "He was lying in bed with his eyes real wide open," the younger Lane said. "Then he closed his eyes and stopped breathing."

He pulled the same stunt in at least half a dozen movies.

So - shock horror - the film in post production should now be called You Knew The Face and Tammy Faye, so long our star pick, will have to break sweat to make a top five place.

Cue the inevitable "who will be the fifth person to die poll"...

Charles Lane is the 4th hit of 2007.

He is the 154th since 1987.

The 2007 list is now in 16th place out of a possible 21 lists.

That is if he gets a UK obit...

;) A great shame - despite his great age, I am very saddened by this, as, such as I have mentioned before, Lane was one of my favourite character actors of all time, and one of the last links to the "Golden Age" of film.

However, well done to Deathlist and anyone else who picked him. I am confident he will get a UK obit, though it might take a few days, perhaps.

;) A great shame - despite his great age, I am very saddened by this, as, such as I have mentioned before, Lane was one of my favourite character actors of all time, and one of the last links to the "Golden Age" of film.

However, well done to Deathlist and anyone else who picked him. I am confident he will get a UK obit, though it might take a few days, perhaps.

Here's one. If this counts.

I called him back in March to say I appreciated his films. Goodnight old friend.

My god. This man lived 102 years, through Two World Wars and a major depression.

He meets Banshees Scream - that kills him.

There is no justice in this world...

Blimey! I told you DL will go on a run....

I don't think I had him in my own 50...bugger!

Wow 3 since June 11th? Is that when kurt died? Wow. Hm lets see if we continue this pace i mean tammy faye cant last too much longer

Wow 3 since June 11th? Is that when kurt died? Wow. Hm lets see if we continue this pace i mean tammy faye cant last too much longer

Nope, she can't, and we still don't know if Biggs' move was financially inspired, or imminent death inspired.

Fabulous news! When it rains it pours, eh?

Bring it!

102 is one hell of a good innings, just to think that shortly after his 100th birthday he was looking around for another role.

Things are starting to fairly pick up this year, after an extremely slow start. We had Kurt Waldheim last month, and George Melly and Charles Lane this month alone...

I've already talked about this. Lane is still walking down the long luxurious road of life.

Until the angel of death taped him on the shoulder...

I guess this means Charles Lane will never get his "details to follow" on the front page.

Poor sod lives for yonks and is pushed out of the limelight by LBJ's dead widow.

He's best known for bit parts, what did he expect?

... he also scissored him in the back and stapled his neck. That's what happens when you stop moving and are stationery for too long.

I thank you.

... he also scissored him in the back and stapled his neck. That's what happens when you stop moving and are stationery for too long.

I thank you.

Yes you got me, very good. Must get my smell checker turned on.