Grim Reaper

Ingmar Bergman

I don't believe in many of the arts in this modern day, but I still believe in films. The class and the drama and the genius behind some of them them will never die.

But I'm not talking about the horror show flicks. I wouldn't waste my time.

I don't believe in many of the arts in this modern day, but I still believe in films. The class and the drama and the genius behind some of them them will never die.

But I'm not talking about the horror show flicks. I wouldn't waste my time.

What's wrong with a classic horror? "An American Werewolf in London" and "Dawn of the Dead" are among my favourites.

Don't tell me you believe everything you see :dead:

What's wrong with a classic horror? "An American Werewolf in London" and "Dawn of the Dead" are among my favourites.

Nothing.

Horror Films years ago had story lines that were so brilliant. I can't even put it to words. Today that brilliance is replaced with special effects and gory scenes with barely legal girls screaming. Today it's what you see that scares you, then it was the influence the film played on your mind.

WAKEY WAKEY boring Bergy thread!!! Just to let you know there's a Bergman Night on BBC4 on July 13th - one of his interminable B/W 1950s films and a couple of documentaries, which may give us a clue as to his current health situation. Or may not. I'll watch them if anyone pays me enough.

Back to sleep, Bergy thread zzzzzzz...

Oh all right, I'll watch them for nothing then, out of duty.

WAKEY WAKEY boring Bergy thread!!! Just to let you know there's a Bergman Night on BBC4 on July 13th - one of his interminable B/W 1950s films and a couple of documentaries, which may give us a clue as to his current health situation. Or may not. I'll watch them if anyone pays me enough.

No, don't you may kill yourself. Actually...

Sad to say, Ingy was in full control of mind and body and I'd say there was more chance of Banshees and Windsor getting hitched to each other than the gloomy Swede leaving us in '07, even though the documentary was made a couple of years ago.

Mr.Mcnally or maybe I should just call you Harry look at the facts and face them and later realize that just because somebody has a documentary done about them does not mean their lives are completely over with all together. In fact Harry that might define a particular stage in their lives while another phase is currently going on. So take it into consideration that the odds are against film maker Ingmar Bergman putting on a show for us this year, not to mention documentaries are not equal to a death certificate.

Sad to say, Ingy was in full control of mind and body and I'd say there was more chance of Banshees and Windsor getting hitched to each other than the gloomy Swede leaving us in '07, even though the documentary was made a couple of years ago.

This one's a few days late, but happy 89th birthday!

Here's an article explaining (sort of) why health news on Bergman is scarce.

Guest Ripley

RIP 30/7-07

He's sealed seventh spot on the DL 2007 success table. Death trapped him check mate. Etc.

Whilst checking to see if Wiki had updated, I noticed his multiple marriages

Else Fisher (1943-1945)

Ellen Lundström (1945-1950)

Gun Grut (1951-1959)

Käbi Laretei (1959-1969)

Ingrid von Rosen (1971-1995)

The longest he waited after chucking one wife and getting another was a tactful two years. Those Swedes, eh?

He's sealed seventh spot on the DL 2007 success table. Death trapped him check mate. Etc.

Whilst checking to see if Wiki had updated, I noticed his multiple marriages

Else Fisher (1943-1945)

Ellen Lundström (1945-1950)

Gun Grut (1951-1959)

Käbi Laretei (1959-1969)

Ingrid von Rosen (1971-1995)

The longest he waited after chucking one wife and getting another was a tactful two years. Those Swedes, eh?

While at the same time porking a good few of his leading ladies. Those film directors, eh?

Whey-hey! That's some sweet action! Do we get extra points for tons of deaths in one month? (Can't be bothered to see if this is a record - Windsor?)

Ah Bergman... allegedly the most boring man ever... At least you've helped us towards a successful 2007. B)

Ironically, the last film he was working on was to star none other than Mike Reid! Sadly, we will never see the result of this collaboration between two giants of stage and screen. One can only wonder at the masterpiece that would no doubt have ensued. Apparently, Bergman had made a point of creating a character called "Pat" just so that Mike could utter the immortal "Pat, Pat, Pat!" in a Bergmanesque style!

P.S. Still awaiting Frank "rent-a-quote" Carson's take on Bergman's demise...

Guest Undertakker

A swede here and all I can say is: He lived a loooong life... I never cared much for his work, but Fanny and Alexander is seen as the greatest film in swedish history. Still, it was a bit of a shock I guess. Thought he was healthy (or as healthy as an 89 year old can be).

R.I.P.

Guest The Seventh Sealion
Ironically, the last film he was working on was to star none other than Mike Reid! Sadly, we will never see the result of this collaboration between two giants of stage and screen. One can only wonder at the masterpiece that would no doubt have ensued. Apparently, Bergman had made a point of creating a character called "Pat" just so that Mike could utter the immortal "Pat, Pat, Pat!" in a Bergmanesque style!

P.S. Still awaiting Frank "rent-a-quote" Carson's take on Bergman's demise...

Jim Bowen has already responded to Ingmar's death with his touching recycled tribute "he brought southern comedy up north - and we enjoyed it".

Check-mate, Death wins in the end. Should have tried noughts and crosses, may have lasted longer

seventhsealblog.jpg

So where's my wedding invitation?

Ingmar Bergman is the 7th success of 2007.

He is the 157th hit since 1987.

The 2007 list is now in 13th place shared with 1996 out of a possible 21 lists.

I'm not sure if this is a record for one month - I doubt it is. I don't have as much time on my hands as I used to. I've found sadder things to do such as constructing a family tree which now has about 200 direct ancestors of mine.

So that's a cut. The film maker Ingmar Bergman who has been widely visualized as a far fetched shot at adding to this years total has given us all a cataract adjustment and a wake up call in meaning that all things are possible. The big screen of www.deathlist.net is lit up with lucky number seven in the dead of summer and even as I'm not very fond of Bergman's films, many of their titles are intriguing.

PS

Read the writing on the back of your van Gunjy. Maybe one day you will walk out to find 'Mind your own business' ' Speak for yourself' 'Don't pull down the curtain, stand behind it'

Hey Banshees, that's seven weeks now. Are you saving up for an early Christmas pressie for us?

In view of Harrys inspired double bluff of telling everbody that Mr Bergman would see out 2007, perhaps he would like to take a cursory look at a few more possibles so that he can confidently predict that they will not expire this year either.

Go on Harry M'lad you are on a roll! B)

PS: Make sure you do a few lines on the Lottery this weekend too.

Ingmar Bergman is dead (only in swedish):

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/stor...1129979,00.html

Another fantastic hit! What a supurb July it has been. I was wondering what the Deathlist record was for the number of hits in a month?

Somebody here clearly practises Voodoo ( we already have a member that talks Mumbo Jumbo) which is why we are on a roll.

PS: I would implore you to get your Brother Poo to join the forum.