Grim Reaper

Ingmar Bergman

Well Banshees, you could always vye for Laura as a way of occupying your time. Although it appears you may need to fight OoO for her. Which in itself could prove quite entertaining for the rest of us.

I was under the impression young Windsor got his claim in first. :D He does have age on his side, Banshees has the exoticism & experience, but I have many redeeming qualities in my favour. God knows what they are though :D

I was under the impression young Windsor got his claim in first. :) He does have age on his side, Banshees has the exoticism & experience, but I have many redeeming qualities in my favour. God knows what they are though :D

Well, you do sport a particularly fetching red sashette. :D

Well, you do sport a particularly fetching red sashette. :D

Oh, do women go for that these days? Dammit, I've been doing it all wrong. All those trips to the gym & the bank manager for nothing. :D

I was under the impression young Windsor got his claim in first.

Hell, I just want a mention on the Radio. :D

Oh, do women go for that these days? Dammit, I've been doing it all wrong. All those trips to the gym & the bank manager for nothing. :D

Not necessarily, OoO. One does need to fill a sashette. And there's a big difference between a sashette of polyester and a sashette of silk.

Just trying to help...

Most interesting ie+, most interesting indeed. I will heed your advice. It's clear now that's why my last relationship failed, due to the lack of sashette wearing. :D:D

Stop filling Bergman's thread with these stupid witterings,

and people accuse iain of posting shite :D

Not necessarily, OoO. One does need to fill a sashette. And there's a big difference between a sashette of polyester and a sashette of silk.

Just trying to help...

All sounds incredibly kinky

Perhaps a sashette of your own might sort out all that pent-up anxiety, TF.

What else are we supposed to fill it with, it's not like he does anything.

Bergman is one of the most boring persons ever to have existed. Even his current health news is boring. Boring Boring Boring Bergman. Surely a small light-hearted diversion will please a few here before Bergman's boringness bores us and this thread goes back to the bottom of the pile.

Bergman is one of the most boring persons ever to have existed. Even his current health news is boring. Boring Boring Boring Bergman. Surely a small light-hearted diversion will please a few here before Bergman's boringness bores us and this thread goes back to the bottom of the pile.

The age-old question: has anyone ever died of boredom? Fingers crossed!

[Edit: I'd like to Formally Object to the 10% warning I received "For filling the bergman thread with rubbish, that's what thr Drunk, bored thread is there for." I am neither drunk nor bored. Furthermore, OoO and I were exchanging pleasantries, not fighting. Yet another reason not to post in the Drunk/Bored thread.]

Edited by in eternum+

[Edit: I'd like to Formally Object to the 10% warning I received "For filling the bergman thread with rubbish, that's what thr Drunk, bored thread is there for." I am neither drunk nor bored. Furthermore, OoO and I were exchanging pleasantries, not fighting. Yet another reason not to post in the Drunk/Bored thread.]

Your complaint has been noted and will be considered for discussion at the next meeting of the Deathlist Committee. (31st December 2006). A small administration charge will apply.

The age-old question: has anyone ever died of boredom? Fingers crossed!

Yes, Tempus gave you and me warnings. I've removed your warning stating that it was unfair.

I did attempt to give TF a warning for abuse of the warning system but as if by some miracle all his posts had been removed from the trash can (I'm confident there was at least one post of his there before (knob)). He's obviously still cheesed off about my warning to iain.

Yes, Tempus gave you and me warnings. I've removed your warning stating that it was unfair.

I did attempt to give TF a warning for abuse of the warning system but as if by some miracle all his posts had been removed from the trash can (I'm confident there was at least one post of his there before (knob)). He's obviously still cheesed off about my warning to iain.

I am not concerned about your warning to iain, just your attempt to suspend him.

Warning ie+ was hardly an abuse of the warning system, your attempt to suspend iain though, would have been.

I am not concerned about your warning to iain, just your attempt to suspend him.

Warning ie+ was hardly an abuse of the warning system, your attempt to suspend iain though, would have been.

I disagree. He had been given dozens of warning over a number of months and he still did not take any notice. I was only going to suspend him for 3 days on the condition that the Mods could reverse it if they thought it was too far.

In that situation I think I used the warning sytem fair enough. The scale was not giving us the desired effect so therefore I opted to suspend him in the hope that he would realise that he was on thin ice. Unfortunately I mucked it up.

Would you care to explain why you chose only to warn ie and me? If I'm not mistaked OoO also joined in on the postings.

If nothing else, I think we can all agree that DL has made this thread, and thus Ingmar Bergman, more interesting than he has ever been able to accomplish himself. :rip:

Don't think he's dying though, but don't let that stop the fun. <_<

Oh Jesus Christ !! Civil War!

Just stumbled across this quote from Mr Bergman

'I hope I never get so old I get religious'

We're hoping the same, Ingmar. Truly... :unsure:

He's died

Sorry, he hasn't.

OK, so this should perhaps be posted elsewhere but I thought it might be more exciting here.

Sven Nykvist, a Swedish cinematographer best known for working with Bergman, died yesterday.

Maybe Ingmar will miss him?

With all the talk in the Betty Ford thread about husbands and wives, it may be prudent to note that one of ol' Ingy's wives Ellen bit the rose coloured dust of the murky Swedish mire on March 6.

Granted, they divorced over half a century ago, but at least it's something relevant to bring this since-September 2006-untouched candidate back from the all-too-metaphorical dead.

WAKEY WAKEY boring Bergy thread!!! Just to let you know there's a Bergman Night on BBC4 on July 13th - one of his interminable B/W 1950s films and a couple of documentaries, which may give us a clue as to his current health situation. Or may not. I'll watch them if anyone pays me enough.

Back to sleep, Bergy thread zzzzzzz...

Just an idea like, why doesn't our richest poster pose as a potential film producer, invite Borgnine, Vigoda, Bergman and the rest to a meeting about a highly interesting new project and then we use their turning up for our long promised social, right after we've pushed them into a room with no food and thrown away the key, or summat.

Guest 11001001

I'm beginning to think Bergman will never die, partially a good thing, he represent a time where directors cared about their films and made masterpieces, not silly blockbusters.