Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

General Pinochet

Guest Guest
Augusto Pinochet celebrates his 90th birthday today.

I soon hope that we can celebrate his death.  :)

I think you'll find his birthday is November 25th. Agree with your second sentence, though.

Guest iain
Augusto Pinochet celebrates his 90th birthday today.

I soon hope that we can celebrate his death.  :(

I think you'll find his birthday is November 25th. Agree with your second sentence, though.

In that case lets hope he doesnt make it to his 90th birthday

Haven't we heard this before?

The wily old fox has been in and out of the psychiatric ward more times than H.M. Murdoch.

Let's hope the Chilean authorities can pull their finger out and expedite his trial. I suspect my fellow DLers are as frustrated as I am by his tightrope act.

General Pinochet's real condition is indeed a question mark. If he is really fit to stand trial, then he may not be as seriously ill as has been previously indicated. I am trying to decide whether or not to include him in my list for next year's ddp. Decisions, decisions...

General Pinochet's real condition is indeed a question mark.  If he is really fit to stand trial, then he may not be as seriously ill as has been previously indicated.  I am trying to decide whether or not to include him in my list for next year's ddp.  Decisions, decisions...

It looks like Pinochet has been doing a Biggsie on us all those years.

At 90 he's still a good candidate, but there's little reason to assume he'll snuff it anytime soon. On the other hand, if I would leave him out of my DDP 2006 team and he'd actually join the choir invisible next year I'd be very disappointed.

Of course he could do all of us a favour and die this year. Oh, wait, I see he's not on your list. :P

regards,

Hein

A lot of people I run into are surprised that Pinochet is even alive. Whenever people start saying that, I've noticed that the person in questions tends to drop off fairly quickly. That was my criteria in picking Arthur Miller on my last Deadpool, which worked out fairly well for me. :P

It looks like Pinochet has been doing a Biggsie on us all those years.

Though to leave a canidate off the list that we have been patiently

waiting for to drop for about a decade would practically be a crime?

I can't see leaving for example Clive Dunn of a list and hearing

the news of his demise..DL greats who have had a past history should

remain untill there time of graduation.

Smart move, kinda like calling his bluff on the health problem claims at the same time. If he's that ill he can't leave the house anyway. If he isn't they've thrown him in jail without throwing him in jail, sort of thing.

Wonder if Thatcher's lucid enough to chime in with her usual support.

If he lives out the year, are we thinking of re-adding him again next year?

If so, I'd like to add my vote in that we should, given all the reasons we've gone over.

Then again, I'd much prefer that he ends up as a point for this list. I don't think too many will be sad to see him go. :)

If he lives out the year, are we thinking of re-adding him again next year?

If so, I'd like to add my vote in that we should, given all the reasons we've gone over.

Then again, I'd much prefer that he ends up as a point for this list. I don't think too many will be sad to see him go.

We? Who is this We you are babbling about Paulie?

We? Who is this We you are babbling about Paulie?

Because if WE as a community or a forum can produced a series of rationale that are solid and intelligent enough, it'll be more difficult to the DL Committee to ignore OUR suggestions. Thus, in that way, it becomes OUR decision of gets picked for the next list.

Committees, by their definition, provided an informed decision to an uninformed mass. Unlike with most committees, however, the DL Committee has the final say. Anyone on the forum who elevates himself above "uninformed mass" and becomes a provider of said information thus becomes a sort of phantom part of the actual committee.

So this WE is anyone who helps influence the committees decision, which means people such as yourself Mr. Brimley, and any others who are able to contribute in a meaningful way.

We?  Who is this We you are babbling about Paulie?

Because if WE as a community or a forum can produced a series of rationale that are solid and intelligent enough, it'll be more difficult to the DL Committee to ignore OUR suggestions. Thus, in that way, it becomes OUR decision of gets picked for the next list.

Committees, by their definition, provided an informed decision to an uninformed mass. Unlike with most committees, however, the DL Committee has the final say. Anyone on the forum who elevates himself above "uninformed mass" and becomes a provider of said information thus becomes a sort of phantom part of the actual committee.

So this WE is anyone who helps influence the committees decision, which means people such as yourself Mr. Brimley, and any others who are able to contribute in a meaningful way.

The DeathList committee only really consists of one person;

GR

Though I'm sure he does take note of what is suggested.

Committees, by their definition, provided an informed decision to an uninformed mass. Unlike with most committees, however, the DL Committe has the final say.

oH you poor misguided lad............

You and I are merely peons in this great forum. It is well known that there are only a few who can decide and that they rule with fists of stone, jaws of steel, legs of irony and bowls of newt eyes. I also have it on good authority that as peasants from this side of the ocean we really have far less clout since our horses tend to take to long to get the provisions where needed when we are submerged beneath.......

what was the question again?

All I'm saying is that GR is one who certainly has a life outside of these forums. If he's committed on picking Person X, then no, there's probably nothing we can do to change his mind. But chances are, he's not committed to a list of 50 people just yet. Facts and informed opinions are what they are despite who they come from, and it's in his best interest to consider all facts and all informed opinions in creating the list. If we provide him with said things, it is not just him, but "we."

Happy Birthday!

I hope you all remembered to send him a card.

Happy Birthday!

I hope you all remembered to send him a card.

I'm down for sending him a card... where's the Unabomber when we need him?

Seriously though, what does a 90-year old Chilean dictator do for his birthday?

Seriously though, what does a 90-year old Chilean dictator do for his birthday?

Obviously he has a bowl of chili :lol:;);):P:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We?  Who is this We you are babbling about Paulie?

The DeathList committee only really consists of one person;

GR

Though I'm sure he does take note of what is suggested.

Yes I would think so - He reads threw the importent threads and

takes note of your ideas. Then he puts all the suggestions into a list

with his small crowd of DL people in December sometime.

Though i'm sure the DL committee doesn't really want a death in perhaps

the last 5 days of 2005. It screws up the whole 2006 list if a person

on the 2005 list is on it.

An example of that would be last year when Artie Shaw died on

December 30? He was most likely on this years list but since his

death it had to be adjusted. That's probobly why the first couple

days of January only had 49 canidates on it and they found a last

minute replacement.

Happy birthday General.

I salute your fortitude. The Shining Path didn't shine in Chile. You knew how to deal with that sort.

Facts and informed opinions are what they are despite who they come from, and it's in his best interest to consider all facts and all informed opinions in creating the list. If we provide him with said things, it is not just him, but "we."

Right, I think I've got it. There is more open debate and democracy on GR's little forum than the people of Chile ever knew under GP.