Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

General Pinochet

wikipedia now reporting his death

Nothing being reported on Sky yet and they love a good death.

If he does go Sky will report on it with the irritating 'Breaking News' banner scrolling behind them ALL afternoon while the BBC might just remember to mention it after the cricket.

Everytime the court charges him, he has the tendency to suffer strokes or other health issues within a few days. <_<

Has anyone got the odds on Pinochet and Castro dying on the same day?

Has anyone got the odds on Pinochet and Castro dying on the same day?

You could ask Iain what odds he's been given for that.

Probably something ridiculous like 1-200

CNN are reporting his condition as being grave.

I don't think they're updated the website to state that yet

With a bit of luck his good friend Mrs T might try to make it over to his funeral and suffer some unfortunate (for her) mishap. Polonium Airways, anyone?

His tenth appearence on Deathlist, Pinochet is said to be in failing health. According to his son in this very official CNN artical - "They gave him a bypass, a medical procedure to practically bring him back from death. We're in the hands of God and the doctors," he said. - They describe him as being frail and delicate, you can only pray he isn't another Suharto.

Everytime the court charges him, he has the tendency to suffer strokes or other health issues within a few days. <_<

A lot of them do that don't they. That Italian bloke has just given it a go but was very unconvincing I thought.

I suppose getting yourself operated on might be a little extreme but the courts are hardly going to drag you into the dock when you are still attached to life support.

It's still touch and go, apparently - just when I'd pencilled him in for 2007 too!

I hope Castro is going to be on the 2007 list. Looks like a sure fire winner to me.

2006 has been quite the year for international leaders. The deathbed headlines have been domintaed by Castro, Ford, Sharon & Pinochet; for actual deaths I've got Milosevic, Haughey, the King of Tonga, Botha, Ecevit, and I'm sure several others I've missed. And the way things look today, there's going to be at least one more before the end of the year. Does it seem to anyone else that the politicians stole the spotlight this year?

Guest Guest

CNN AND Sky are both now reporting thathe is 'gravely ill'.It looks like its just a matter of counting down the hours or days now till the inevitable happens...

SOME MORE BREAKING NEWS-Pinochet is undergoing a second heart operation as we speak

yes and theres still a month to go! looks like Pinochets condition is no longer stable if theyre having to perform a 2nd op on him-bearing in mind he was given the last rites just before the first one,just in case <_<

His tenth appearence on Deathlist, Pinochet is said to be in failing health. According to his son in this very official CNN artical - "They gave him a bypass, a medical procedure to practically bring him back from death. We're in the hands of God and the doctors," he said. - They describe him as being frail and delicate, you can only pray he isn't another Suharto.

If he's in the hands of God, he's screwed. <_<

Seriously though, if I had to be an optimist given the factors involved, I'd say it looks like Pinochet is on the way out... I predict two more deaths for DL before the year's end, here's hoping Pinochet's one of them.

Ooer!

They are now going for the full bypass. It was an angioplasty (spelling?) he had this morning but it didn't work now they are opening him up.

Looks like DL might reach 11 by the end of this week.

2006 has been quite the year for international leaders. The deathbed headlines have been domintaed by Castro, Ford, Sharon & Pinochet; for actual deaths I've got Milosevic, Haughey, the King of Tonga, Botha, Ecevit, and I'm sure several others I've missed. And the way things look today, there's going to be at least one more before the end of the year. Does it seem to anyone else that the politicians stole the spotlight this year?

I'd been thinking that. Very heavy on the politician front this year but then if you look at the ages of these international leaders it isn't so strange. All were over 60 and most had suffered some sort of health problem for years.

Others whose health has caused concern this year are Mrs T and the Queen, both in their 80's.

His 'bookie' is not the most generous of souls eh, Phantom?

You could ask Iain what odds he's been given for that.

Probably something ridiculous like 1-200

I hope he lasts another 29 days personally... As he was no.21 on my DDP entry I'll be most annoyed if he goes and spoils my December.

Somehow, at the beginning of 2006, I had this feeling Pinochet would bite the dust at the end of the year. Well, it looks like my little prediction might just become a reality.

Anyways, yes I know this isn't the Castro forum, but why isn't America's favorite dictator on the 2006 list? Or am I just not seeing his name?

Welcome to DeathList, Lothar_No_Longer_A_Lurker, where all stiffs are the stuff or dreams.

Somehow, at the beginning of 2006, I had this feeling Pinochet would bite the dust at the end of the year. Well, it looks like my little prediction might just become a reality.

We're not there yet. Pinochet may just be doing what he's best at: faking illness. That said: I'll be the first to cheer when he croaks, if only because he's also on my DDP team.

Anyways, yes I know this isn't the Castro forum, but why isn't America's favorite dictator on the 2006 list? Or am I just not seeing his name?

He's not on this year's list, an omission we may come to regret.

regards,

Hein

The BBC said he is unlikely to survive this latest one.

He is on my DDP so I'm not complaining.

Pinochet improving, but still in danger.

I agree with the article's estimate - if he dies, he's likely to go tomorrow or the day after.

Politicians always steal the spotlight - look at Blair... :lol:

I hope he lasts another 29 days personally... As he was no.21 on my DDP entry I'll be most annoyed if he goes and spoils my December.

Nah, it's pointless having him in next years DDP - he's over 90. I've got him this years DDP and if he

goes he goes and if not, he won't in my 2007 list coz he's too old and well known.

Nonagenarians in the 07 list would have to be relatively obscure so as to pick up a unique pick point

Nah, it's pointless having him in next years DDP - he's over 90. I've got him this years DDP and if he

goes he goes and if not, he won't in my 2007 list coz he's too old and well known.

Nonagenarians in the 07 list would have to be relatively obscure so as to pick up a unique pick point

Points are still points. Five dead 90 year olds are still worth more than three dead 60 year olds. If you think he's likely to die, you should put him on your list, unless you think there's 20 younger people who are more likely to die.