Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

General Pinochet

Guest Mike

Looks like the General is about ready to cash in his chips. A major heart attack has him clinging to life. It seems he will make another success to this year's list before the end on the year, more like before the end of the day.

I hope Pinochet is gone by the end of the night (well, day, it's 2 am where I'm at.) And maybe he'll take his buddy Suharto aka "I'm to sick to stand trial" with him. But, it's doubtful Suharto will fall in 2006. Oh well, I have a feeling Pinochet isn't going to be with us much longer.

I wonder Mrs M Thatcher has time to send him a "get well soon" card!!!

Initially they were saying that the 2nd op would be too risky, now they're saying it's 'not needed'

Although I think it's a long way out of the woods for Pinochet, looks like he's just made it to the first clearing

Everytime the court charges him, he has the tendency to suffer strokes or other health issues within a few days. :lol:

Indeed. I'm still yet to be convinced & think the whole thing might be an elaborate publicity stunt.

Anyway, a question...

By leaving his house for a hospital, does this mean old Gus violates the terms of his house arrest?? If so, then surely he should be thrown into jail as soon as he's out of ICU. :)

By leaving his house for a hospital, does this mean old Gus violates the terms of his house arrest?? If so, then surely he should be thrown into jail as soon as he's out of ICU. :P

You sure you're English mr ICU ;)

Quote fixed [HCW]

I hope he lasts another 29 days personally... As he was no.21 on my DDP entry I'll be most annoyed if he goes and spoils my December.

Nah, it's pointless having him in next years DDP - he's over 90. I've got him this years DDP and if he

goes he goes and if not, he won't in my 2007 list coz he's too old and well known.

Nonagenarians in the 07 list would have to be relatively obscure so as to pick up a unique pick point

Points are still points. Five dead 90 year olds are still worth more than three dead 60 year olds. If you think he's likely to die, you should put him on your list, unless you think there's 20 younger people who are more likely to die.

Thinking about it, if Pinochet does survive into 2007, it puts me in a quandary over whether to have him in the DDP or to choose a better scoring candidate. That said, I'm not going to get all 20 next year, and points are points as you say CP (albiet only 3..) :P

By leaving his house for a hospital, does this mean old Gus violates the terms of his house arrest?? If so, then surely he should be thrown into jail as soon as he's out of ICU. ;)

You sure you're English mr ICU ;)

I'm not English, full stop. :P

I am from the land of coal mines, leeks and Charlotte Church

welsh-flag.jpg

Thinking about it, if Pinochet does survive into 2007, it puts me in a quandary over whether to have him in the DDP or to choose a better scoring candidate. That said, I'm not going to get all 20 next year, and points are points as you say CP (albiet only 3..) :P

5 points for 90-99.

4 points for 100-109

3 points for 110+

6 points for 80-89

I admit someone like Brooke Astor isn't perhaps worth it, but Pinochet might be. Likewise Papon, Shamir, Ford.

If all 4 go that's 20 points, and I'd rather take 20 points then take the risk of 21 possible from Pinter, Pavarotti & Conte. I doubt all three will go next year as things stand right now.

Pinochet gets bail, Read Here.

As my old man used to say 'would you f****n' credit it!"..... :P

Yes, it worked again. I'm sure the old geezer will be up and doing his old mischief tomorrow.

regards,

Hein

Yes, it worked again. I'm sure the old geezer will be up and doing his old mischief tomorrow.

regards,

Hein

What's the deadpool equivalent of a prick-teaser?

Pinochet's condition is now being described as critical

even though his son stated that he "spent a stable, calm night,"

So who knows, but the next few days will certainly be ones to watch closely

I'm not English, full stop. :P

I am from the land of coal mines, leeks and Charlotte Church

welsh-flag.jpg

Really? Me too! Whereabouts you from?

Oi you lot, with about 14 working pits in the UK I'd say NOBODY can claim to live in 'the land of coal mines' anymore. I've taken young Maryport to stand and wonder at the sad site of the slowly rusting winding gear that once hauled coal up to the surface at Cleator Moor, Cumbria too was once coal country. Truth is the first time I pointed out a working mine to him we were near Worksop on the A1.

My late Grandfather was a miner, Welsh as Dame Shirley Bassey's home-made Leek and Caerphilly soup, but he moved as a young man to the Kent coal-fields. It's strange how few people realise that there were pits in the South-East and that when they were closed, whole communities were destroyed, especially as the local fishing fleet had been all but scuttled.

Oi you lot, with about 14 working pits in the UK I'd say NOBODY can claim to live in 'the land of coal mines' anymore. I've taken young Maryport to stand and wonder at the sad site of the slowly rusting winding gear that once hauled coal up to the surface at Cleator Moor, Cumbria too was once coal country. Truth is the first time I pointed out a working mine to him we were near Worksop on the A1.

Aye, well, on a clear day you could see Arthur Scargill from our house.

Pinochet shows slight improvement

Doctors at the Santiago military hospital told reporters the former ruler was "exhausted" following surgery to widen a blood vessel after suffering a severe heart attack early on Sunday.

He told reporters earlier that Gen Pinochet would stay in hospital and under observation for "at least 10 days".

My late Grandfather was a miner, Welsh as Dame Shirley Bassey's home-made Leek and Caerphilly soup, but he moved as a young man to the Kent coal-fields. It's strange how few people realise that there were pits in the South-East and that when they were closed, whole communities were destroyed, especially as the local fishing fleet had been all but scuttled.

I knew that, in fact Kent and Cumbria shared summat in the strike, militant miners fighting to the end because they knew there was no long-term hope anyway. Our one remaining pit closed around the same time as their three.

Back on topic. I've a sneaking suspicion Pinochet will survive 2006. Him, Ford and Sharon won't be around this time next year mind.

Pinochet shows slight improvement

Doctors at the Santiago military hospital told reporters the former ruler was "exhausted" following surgery to widen a blood vessel after suffering a severe heart attack early on Sunday.

He told reporters earlier that Gen Pinochet would stay in hospital and under observation for "at least 10 days".

Well, now that he got his bail I guess the General isn't going to be checking out anytime soon. I'm sure he'll have a quick and healthy recovery and won't have any medical concernes until the next time someone wants to slap him with a lawsuit.

Really? Me too! Whereabouts you from?

I haven't been back for some years but originally from Cwmfelinfach.

More about Cwmfelinfach at Wikipedia.

My family worked in the coal mines "Nine Mile Point" there from its opening to its closure, and before that lived in Merthyr Tydfil and worked in the coal mines there.

Other descendants are from Tredegar and other parts of what used to be historic Monmouthshire.