maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Daptone label singers are the master of falltime switches from "wasted pick" to "tick tock...".

I gave his health a vote of confidence, kept him off my team for this year. If he goes and dies now, well, he's really let me down, to be honest. :lol:

2 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Does the text say what the headline does? The cancer hasn't returned, but it had already spread to the liver when it was there the first time. Secondary liver cancer is not as deadly as primary liver cancer, but then it already WAS stage IV and will likely come back again and again.

Now, he may already die from the colitis if his immune system has become too weak, or if, I don't know, the infection nests in surgery wounds or something like that.

Edit: Hm, or does "recent tour dates" mean the "comeback" tour?

Second edit: It does not make sense to say that he's "recovering from illness" if a cancer comeback is the reason for the tour cancellation. I think it refers to the colitis. Hm, I find it hard to nail down his current situation.

@ DI:

Hm, yes, probably correct.

Like I said, he'll be a likely drop 40 candidate if he makes the starting line next year and he continues to take a turn for the worse. Don't think he's deathlisty though...

On 20.7.2017 at 23:36, GossipGabe said:

A quick update on his health – or rather, a tearful revelation:

http://www.etonline.com/news/221869_aaron_carter_tearfully_reveals_he_has_an_eating_disorder_and_gets_face_fillers_exclusive/

Swears he just has an eating disorder and that he is not a meth head but was recently arrested on charges of 'possession of drug related objects'. Definitely one to watch.

He, Aaron Carter, was involved in heavy car crash that totaled his BMW:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/09/06/aaron-carter-says-hes-ok-after-terrible-car-crash.html

He's ok, and wants to finish recording his first new album in 14 years within the year.

• Sad 1

On 6.9.2017 at 23:13, gcreptile said:

He, Aaron Carter, was involved in heavy car crash that totaled his BMW:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/09/06/aaron-carter-says-hes-ok-after-terrible-car-crash.html

He's ok, and wants to finish recording his first new album in 14 years within the year.

His family wants to force him into hospital because they fear a relapse:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/08/aaron-carter-family-fears-relapse-suicide-call/

His drug of choice used to be aerosol spray used to clean keyboards.

14 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Might have a point - then again, he's talking about a forthcoming album and any publicity that drags that fact towards newsworthiness might shift a few copies, eh?

18 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ah, Jessi Zazu, DDP pick.

Jessi Zazu, Hopefully List of the Lost Or Else MSC Is Going To Look Even More Of A Twit pick, too.

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Jessi Zazu, Hopefully List of the Lost Or Else MSC Is Going To Look Even More Of A Twit pick, too.

GoingUnderground picked her and also already has one non-obit. On the other hand, he got very lucky with Sonny West.

3 minutes ago, msc said:

To be fair, all the major DDP veterans will look like one as well if she receives an obit. 

Zazu, what you gonna do?
A knock on the door in the night

24 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

To be fair, all the major DDP veterans will look like one as well if she receives an obit. 

Who named her in the Ideas for 2017 thread, is what I mean. See also that cricketer with brain cancer. The now dead one.

2 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Fucking hell, I did not expect that at all. Everyone hide now, especially since she was mentioned on the forum ten days before the new year...

39 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Fucking hell, I did not expect that at all. Everyone hide now, especially since she was mentioned on the forum ten days before the new year...

Kinda backs up my observation on the back of Walter Becker making the short BBC News on a day of major international developments

Says a lot about the cultural expertise of seasoned obit journalists - and probably means we can bank on musicians of all genres once we know they're in the Grim Reaper's sights.

On 3.9.2017 at 14:24, Thatcher said:

Walter Becker, bassist, guitarist, songwriter and co-founder of Steely Dan, has died aged 67. Steely Dan had many hits in both the US Billboard Hot 100 and the UK Top 40, as well as Australia and Canada. Their highest charting single in the US was Rikki Don't Lose That Number (#4) - 1974, whilst their highest charting single in the UK was Haitian Divorce (#17) - 1976. 

Edit: Daily Mail, Independent, Daily MirrorThe TelegraphBBC obituaries.

And guess what...

Donald Fagen (69) cancels the rest of his tour because of an unspecified illness...

https://www.pollstar.com/article/ailing-donald-fagen-cancels-us-gigs-133038

I was tempted to create a thread, but didn't do it because I couldn't think of a subtitle. Go ahead, if you like...

I have a very bad feeling about this one...

People said that 2016 was a really major year for celebrity deaths, but 2017 has done its best to keep that pace going