maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

On 10/21/2017 at 13:15, I.R.Baboon said:

Mark had never looked too good (and he's been picked in the DDP for many many years) but at the show in Wakefield last night he looked well... pretty awful.

cFHFmlN.jpg

i'd say he's a good candidate for the deathlist.

(according to the crowd the concert was pretty good, but Fall-fans have different standards)

Seeing that has got Simon Cowell on the blower to Stephen Hawking.

It could 'appen!!!

John "Fleck" Fleckenstein, bass player for The Standells, died on October 18th at the age of 71.

13 minutes ago, Phantom said:

John "Fleck" Fleckenstein, bass player for The Standells, died on October 18th at the age of 71.

Link?  imdb has nothing updating.  Not doubting, just looking for confirmation.
Edit: well chasing down the Wiki citation, I see another band member mentions it on his FB page.  I guess that's enough.  Seeing as Fleck was a noted cinematographer, funny his passing goes with as much fanfare as mine will.
SC

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Link?  imdb has nothing updating.  Not doubting, just looking for confirmation.
Edit: well chasing down the Wiki citation, I see another band member mentions it on his FB page.  I guess that's enough.  Seeing as Fleck was a noted cinematographer, funny his passing goes with as much fanfare as mine will.
SC

I heard the news from Larry Tamblyn

Robert Lee Balderrama (guitarist for Question Mark & The Mysterians) has announced he is about to undergo radiation therapy for prostate cancer.

His prognosis seems to be good at the moment.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 06:46, charon said:

Outrageous Cherry founder and guitarist, Larry Ray, dead from lung cancer at 63.

http://www.songsoundstore.com/outrageous-cherrys-larry-ray-has-died-2/

Aw FFS!

I've got the album they did for Poptones and really rate it.

The List of the Lost radio show chronicling the fallen of 2017 is damn near scripted and done already (seriously, we aim for two hours and we're past 1 hr 40 by the time we add an OC track)

Just heard that Mike Hudson guitarist for The Pagans passed away last night at the age of 61. 

I will try to dig out a link.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

I have friends on FB who knew him well and so read a lot of posts, but didn't think it was quite notable enough, so didn't post.  Anyway, yesterday a sad day on my FB.  FWIW, if you go to Mike Hudson's FB page, he was posting like regular, nothing going on as of early A.M. on the 25th.  Two days later dead.  
SC

Marcie Blane, The original Bobby's Girl singer, has died aged 75

On 10/30/2017 at 19:28, time said:

Marcie Blane, The original Bobby's Girl singer, has died aged 75

The article has since updated retracting the original story. It turns out the deceased Marcie Blane was actually a homeless woman who claimed to be the "Bobby's Girl" singer (in the vein of false death reports for "Itsy Bitsy......Bikini" songwriter Paul Vance or baseballer Bill Henry), whereas the actual one remains alive and well.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

When they're shocked and devastated, and no official report of cause of death is given, and the person is under 40, you know it's a suicide.  You can fatten up the Suicidal Celebs thread with aplomb on such a hunch, you'll never ever be wrong. 
SC

5 hours ago, time said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4855036/robert-knight-dead-72-everlasting-love-singer/

Robert Knight, original singer of Everlasting Love, dead at 72 (Unless its a hoaxer who's been passing himself off as Robert Knight for 30 years).

Another singer who should have retired long ago. This performance is pathetic...

• Like 1

Think he might just be safely retired now!