Guest IYG

Drunk? Bored?? Psychopath???

[big f*cking snip]

As the less neanderthal-witted among our membership realise, I "bully" :lol: people who blatantly post-whore because they are the scourge of the internet and they deserve it, not because I enjoy doing it. Have you actually read any of Bennett's posts, or are you blowing off steam publicly half-cocked again? If someone posted 25 posts in a day that I could laugh at, find interesting, or that were even vaguely relevant, I could handle it. Invariably, however, if someone's posting these sort of numbers, it's because their post-quality is badly deficient.

[bigger f*cking snip]

p.p.p.s. Mr. Swearfilter's working F*****g overtime this morning ffs, the F*****g pedantic little shitehawk.

Have just done that very thing Mr SC, and although I have a slightly lamer way of expressing myself I agree that most of the posts do little more than say 'good point' or 'thank you for being informative'.

These sort of posts are ok every so often I suppose, but nearly 100 very similar posts in a first weekend is a little over the top. Maybe that's because it took me a couple of months between registering & posting, and not because I didn't visit the site during that time; I just wanted to get a feel for what sort of conversations went on to prevent being mass-flamed after my first few posts.

I'm on slightly shaky moral ground here because a swift read of my posts will reveal almost nothing death related, or even anything particularly original. I almost exclusively react to previous postings, although I do try and say something interesting; not sure what the hit rate is though. ;)

I'll leave the problems you & CP have to the two of you, but I'm in agreement about post quality. I don't give a rat's cock if someone posts 100 times a day if they're funny, relevant etc. Even allowing for the fact that people have different opinions about what's funny and/or relevant therefore expanding my definition a bit, some posts are extremely pointless by whatever standard you wish to rate them.

There is a happy medium between this site being purely for death related relevant informative postings only, and it turning into a chat forum. I don't think we're just a chat forum by any means, and as long as the subject of posting standards is brought up every so often, hopefully that will never happen. There is always Live Chat, PM'ing & email for those times you wish to get to know members better, or go totally off topic. You might not believe it, but even I sometimes have things I wish to say that I save for a PM or Chat. Only for the very lucky chosen few of course. :D

As usual, this post has nothing to do with the thread, just about the message I'm replying to. I don't even know who Uzi Hitman is. :(

...If LB@5O'Cerf, or whoever the latest whore-pest really is, wants to make a comment on every thread every twenty seconds like some ADHD-afflicted kiddywinkle

That's just the comparison I decided on when reading the many posts of Mr Cerf. I've had a lot of experience with this ' syndrome ' and have spotted many signs of it in his posts.

I must admit that I find the cluttering-up of almost ALL threads, with meaningless nothingness, to be rather annoying too. You're not alone, Star Crossed! ;)

For the record, I don't want the forum run "my way"
Could have fooled me.
DeathList.net, not some F*****g blogspace for every village idiot and his/her teenage cyber-buddies (most of whom, like slipknotbabe91, are actually 43, single, white, fat, male, naked and listed on the Sex Offenders Register) to use as their own personal fiefdom (look it up).
Speaking of and for yourself are you?

As the less neanderthal-witted among our membership realise, I "bully" ;) people who blatantly post-whore because they are the scourge of the internet and they deserve it, not because I enjoy doing it. Have you actually read any of Bennett's posts, or are you blowing off steam publicly half-cocked again? If someone posted 25 posts in a day that I could laugh at, find interesting, or that were even vaguely relevant, I could handle it. Invariably, however, if someone's posting these sort of numbers, it's because their post-quality is badly deficient.
Neither I, nor anyone else is forcing your eyes open to read posts from those you so dislike.

If LB@5O'Cerf, or whoever the latest whore-pest really is, wants to make a comment on every thread every twenty seconds like some ADHD-afflicted kiddywinkle, I'd imagine that they can jolly well F**k off to teenchatbox.com where that sort of thing is positively encouraged. Why these arseholes should come here, dumbing-down this site, is beyond me.

Are you supposed to be attending anger management courses or has late life impotency afflicted you and this is your way of lashing out?

Honestly Star Crossed, between you thinking I am Life Begins at 5 and Tempus Fugit hurling accusations, both in his signature card (nice graphics by the way) and in a P.M. that I am Burno Brimley; I am feeling most unwelcome here. That said, bare in mind I have no intent of leaving or abandoning this wonderful forum so you had best get yourself adjusted to seeing me here. If not, well then, you are free to leave, yes you are. I would much rather that you stay; yet, I would understand if you felt the need to leave, really I would. Now paste a happy faced smile over your frown and enjoy the day which has been bequeathed you.

Oh dear oh F*****g dear, talk about not being able to take a hint. ;)

I've tried to offer some advice and put your posting exuberance down to naiivety (I even defended you in one thread) but this is no way to win friends and influence people.

I am now of the opinion that Star Crossed did not use nearly enough swear words in his previous post. If you're going to come in here and address established Death Listers like they're pieces of sh*t, then it's not surprising that you're not feeling very welcome.

Over to you Star Crossed, set the F*****g dogs on him.

:lol:

;)

I don't think this forum needs a Flame War. I've tolerated the flaming this far, as it was at least mildly amusing.

I don't know other people's feelings in this respect. Perhaps we do need a place for more powerful debate. Of course this topic already has a suitable title. :lol:

regards,

Hein

I'm don't think this forum needs a Flame War. I've tolerated the flaming this far, as it was at least mildly amusing.

I don't know other people's feelings in this respect. Perhaps we do need a place for more powerful debate. Of course this topic already has a suitable title. :lol:

regards,

Hein

Okay, sorry, point taken. Consider me suitably chastised.

Star Crossed - respect man.

Not to be picky but two piffling split-infinitives: "To actively discourage" and "to blatantly take". Otherwise one of the finest rants you are likely to see here, even better than OoO's against Millwall.

For linguisitic excellence I would highlight "foetid water of public grievance". Deserves to be preserved in the Deathlist classic post thread. What? There isn't one? Well there should be. Thankyou.

Ignoring most of your post because I don't care to start an flame war with irrationality, and I respect these forums, admins and mods enough not bring down their forum with this crap. If anything, I think that almost any response I could give to you would be an excercise in hypocrisy, since it would in itself severely detract from the quality of these forums. Suffice to say that I'm glad you've put so much time into making me smile. I'll admit that I was wrong in defending Bennett Cerf, clearly after his behavior in other forums, but I'm still highly amused that a man such as yourself has time to spend ranting about people he doesn't know and will never meet on an online forum.

I am, of course, a 43 year old balding, fat, sex offender, so I have my excuse. (Note: I know it's very possible that that statement may not have been directed at me in your little rant, but hey, whatever)

You didn't respond at all to my big private message, so I assumed you either though I was so stupid that I couldn't be saved and thus you began to ignore me, or you were so mind-blastingly blown away by my argument that you were left speechless and questioning your own views on the world. If I aired dirty laundry it was only in defense of newbie who, in retrospect, maybe didn't deserve defending.

This of course, gave me the best laugh I've had in ages:

p.s. CP, in the English language, sentences don't tend to start with the word "and". Also, it's "neither/nor", not "neither/or". Back to skool, then...

I'd like to read to you a selection from the certificate that I was awarded this Saturday:

"This certificate is awarded to [...] a research scholar for outstanding academic achievement in the presentation of a scholarly paper at the nineteenth annual UCSD Undergraduate Research Conference"

If you care to understand what it means to be a research scholar at UCSD, you can begin your research here. The wikipedia link contains many connections to articles and official website on the subject of my University.

I guess it's sort of weird though, a dumbass like myself being awarded the University's highest honour for undergraduate scholarly excellence. How can we reconcile this with the fact that my grammar isn't perfect on the DL forums? Oh I know, it's because my anus doesn't clench at the sight of a mistake on a forum that has no impact on my real life.

You've really got nothing on me SC. You can't really go after my intelligence, you can't go after me for cluttering up the forum with a length response to your flame. You can't even get after me for my post quality anymore, since I haven't posted much of late, and I'd say 90-95% has been interesting or informative or relevant.

In short, you are a nobody with nothing except for a penchat for making me laugh. Maybe in the end, however, that's the greatest gift of all.

Love,

Canadian Paul

Oh dear oh F*****g dear, talk about not being able to take a hint. :lol:

I've tried to offer some advice and put your posting exuberance down to naiivety (I even defended you in one thread) but this is no way to win friends and influence people.

I am now of the opinion that Star Crossed did not use nearly enough swear words in his previous post. If you're going to come in here and address established Death Listers like they're pieces of sh*t, then it's not surprising that you're not feeling very welcome.

At least I did not use vulgarity to express myself.

p.s. CP, in the English language, sentences don't tend to start with the word "and". Also, it's "neither/nor", not "neither/or". Back to skool, then...

Language pedants are usually plain wrong as well as being pompous. So let me join you. There is nothing at all wrong with starting a sentence with 'And'. I'd refer you to a number of texts such as 'The Complete Plain Words' by Sir Ernest Gowers but you seem a little niggly at present.

Everybody now;

Let's go cerfing now,

everybody's learning how,

come on cerf safari with meeee!!! :lol:

Everybody now;

Let's go cerfing now,

:lol: I am near to a loss of words after viewing this.

Perhaps you have not reached the certain levels of frustration that others have obviously attained in the past few days, but, credit where credit is due, yes, at least your copious posts are vulgarity free. I shall aspire to do the same.

BTW, I do apologise if my quoted post caused any offence, but I was trying to make my point in a sarcastic way (using vulgarity, yes)- which I have obviously failed to do- and have no intention of 'flaming'.

Star Crossed - respect man.

Not to be picky but two piffling split-infinitives: "To actively discourage" and "to blatantly take". Otherwise one of the finest rants you are likely to see here, even better than OoO's against Millwall.

For linguisitic excellence I would highlight "foetid water of public grievance". Deserves to be preserved in the Deathlist classic post thread. What? There isn't one? Well there should be. Thankyou.

...and to continue my assault on pedants who get it wrong, there is nothing wrong with split infinitives. No-one knows where the prejudice came from. Occasionally split infinitives sound clumsy but there' nothing grammatically or syntactically wrong. Indeed the whole sense of the sentence 'the ice failed to completely melt' changes if you unsplit the infinitive.

Other than that I haven't the faintest clue what this thread is about.

• Like 1

...and to continue my assault on pedants who get it wrong, there is nothing wrong with split infinitives. No-one knows where the prejudice came from. Occasionally split infinitives sound clumsy but there' nothing grammatically or syntactically wrong. Indeed the whole sense of the sentence 'the ice failed to completely melt' changes if you unsplit the infinitive.

Hmmm, nice example Pook. I suppose you could say: "The ice did not all melt", which might be a little less clumsy. Ripping thread, have to say, at the expense of Mr Hitman.

Tried to jump the fence on my motorbike but got caught at the Swiss Border and chucked back in the slammer. Ducked the old girl for a little dip (only a little one mind) in here and what do I find but a site plastered all over the place with vacuous comments from someone who dresses his posts in the pseudo sounding language of Noel Coward's lesser known brother Eric - the one who ran off with the milkman. Could I suggest a Lord Charles avatar, complete with monacle and Ray Alan's arm up his jacksie.

Ray Alan is 76 incidentally, should watch out for vetriloquists. They die young (Shari Lewis, Jim Henson).

Everybody now;

Let's go cerfing now,

:lol: I am near to a loss of words after viewing this.
Only nearly though... :lol:

I must say it made me laugh, and for me, that's the important thing.

Hmmm, nice example Pook. I suppose you could say: "The ice did not all melt", which might be a little less clumsy. Ripping thread, have to say, at the expense of Mr Hitman.

Tried to jump the fence on my motorbike but got caught at the Swiss Border and chucked back in the slammer. Ducked the old girl for a little dip (only a little one mind) in here and what do I find but a site plastered all over the place with vacuous comments from someone who dresses his posts in the pseudo sounding language of Noel Coward's lesser known brother Eric - the one who ran off with the milkman. Could I suggest a Lord Charles avatar, complete with monacle and Ray Alan's arm up his jacksie.

Ray Alan is 76 incidentally, should watch out for vetriloquists. They die young (Shari Lewis, Jim Henson).

Shari Lewis dead? Poor LambChop. Though if he inherited her estate he will, no doubt, be minted.

cue cymbal crash, and music hall's not dead after all. nice one, mr pooka, sir. and very nice attack on pedantry, too. i would say i was off topic, except that i'm f**ked if i know what the topic was! oh yeah, uzi hitman - call me stupid, but i really thought it was going to be some obscure rapper when i clicked on it! an ISRAELI called uzi hitman? please god tell me there's irony going on there!

anyway, starcrossed is kind of right, if prone to be a bit of a school bully (and probably IS the 43 year old fat slipknot fan). can't help thinking ranting like that just brings it on even more...

btw - gilbert o'sullivan now, is it?

cue cymbal crash, and music hall's not dead after all. nice one, mr pooka, sir. and very nice attack on pedantry, too. i would say i was off topic, except that i'm f**ked if i know what the topic was! oh yeah, uzi hitman - call me stupid, but i really thought it was going to be some obscure rapper when i clicked on it! an ISRAELI called uzi hitman? please god tell me there's irony going on there!

anyway, starcrossed is kind of right, if prone to be a bit of a school bully (and probably IS the 43 year old fat slipknot fan). can't help thinking ranting like that just brings it on even more...

btw - gilbert o'sullivan now, is it?

Yes Pulphack. Well spotted, sir. Cannot imagine what obsessive process made me think of him - or of Peter, Ronnie and Maureen.

Someone seems to have moved this all into a more appropriate thread.

I've taken the liberty of pinning it, seeing as how it's a "utility" thread.

Otherwise one of the finest rants you are likely to see here, even better than OoO's against Millwall.

Thanks. Nice to know I rank highly in the "rantmeisters" league table, even if I did tone the rant down in the end due to feeling considerably warmer & fuzzier than I did in the morn'. :D

Someone seems to have moved this all into a more appropriate thread.

I've taken the liberty of pinning it, seeing as how it's a "utility" thread.

I was the one who moved the posts to this thread. It is a great idea to confine the bickering that occurs to this thread only.

regards,

ff

Geez! While I was tooling around Pennsylvania in my rented Focus wagon ( ;) ) things were getting super-heated around here! Man, I miss all the fun...

You all know my opinions on posters such as BC, LB5C, etc., so I shall say naught [nought?] on the matter other than if we pin anymore threads, they'll fill the entire front page of the forum!

[Go Oilers!]

I ane safeely say with rwssopnese to this tirt;e hat I have not neeb drunk since yertstersday until todyas Latetr on I amn goiung to an a.a. meeting son I can finasd out how to rdintk moresw responsiblery .

Geez! While I was tooling around Pennsylvania in my rented Focus wagon ( :P ) things were getting super-heated around here! Man, I miss all the fun...

You all know my opinions on posters such as BC, LB5C, etc., so I shall say naught [nought?] on the matter other than if we pin anymore threads, they'll fill the entire front page of the forum!

[Go Oilers!]

Welcome back! Did you have a great old time? Did you bring us some rock? Do they do Pennsylvanian rock? Will I stop asking questions soon?

As this is the new thread for antagonistic comments/ remarks/ responses, I should maybe say something nasty, just to stay on topic; I don't want to get told off.

Here goes.... erm... oh crap, I can't think of anything. I guess I'll have to be told off. ;)