Grim_Rita

DeathList "Dead" Chat!

Still can't get in, despite doing the above and restarting my computer. <_<

I'll try again after this weekend, but given that my machine is shite, it may be the end of DL chat for me. :)

Still can't get in, despite doing the above and restarting my computer. <_<

I'll try again after this weekend, but given that my machine is shite, it may be the end of DL chat for me. :)

I did the following and it didn't work for me either. The program is like senile. It tells me I have the latest version. I would go for what Hein said...

Chose "Manual Download" (which kills that bloody racket)

Download an appropriate version. I chose the "Windows Offline Installation". I don't know if the online installation works at all.

What the hell do I need to do to download this chat shite!? :lol:

Here are the instructions from Magre Hein. I hope it helps.

From several members I've heard that upgrading Java isn't the easiest thing to do. What I did was the following:
  • Go to http://www.java.com/
  • Turn down my speaker volume
  • Chose "Manual Download" (which kills that bloody racket)
  • Download an appropriate version. I chose the "Windows Offline Installation". I don't know if the online installation works at all.
  • Install the new version
  • Close my browser
  • Start my browser
  • And presto, it all worked

I have no idea if this works for non-Windows systems.

Hope this helps,

Hein

Have a look at this topic.

regards,

Hein

Chat wouldn't load on my Mac with Firefox. Just got an endless progress bar.

Upgrading to the new Firefox (2.0) seems to have done the trick though.

It has a built in Spell Checker with a British English version.

Highly recommended.

Upgrading to the new Firefox (2.0) seems to have done the trick though.

Same here. FF2 on XP appears functional, although I've got to say, testing it has been my one and only foray into dead chat.

...although I've got to say, testing it has been my one and only foray into dead chat.

Do I sense a modicum of disdain?

As I posted in another thread, upgrading Firefox to version 2.0 enabled me to use the chat again.

I couldn't get into chat for a while, but I was just in a place called the chat lobby or some such thing. Is this working again?

I couldn't get into chat for a while, but I was just in a place called the chat lobby or some such thing. Is this working again?

The chat lobby is the main room of the new chat deadsox.

It has a built in Spell Checker with a British English version.

Highly recommended.

My typing skills aren't a talent, but the Spell Checker just isn't original.

Upon installing Firefox II, all problems appear to have been solved for me. I'm excited to once again engage in the fulfilling discourse that is Death List Chat. :rolleyes:

Can one of the admins sort out the problem with showing who is in the live chat on the main board? Most nights a few members names don't show up, but tonight there are quite a few of us in and none of us show up at all, this seems to vary from country to country, members outwith the UK seem to see most of the people who are in, but within the UK it is a totally different matter, we see one or two members at most and tonight was a prime examle, 5 members in the chat about 8 p.m., not one of whom was showing as being in the chat.

Tonight it showed only me, despite the fact Typhoid Harry, Carolann and handrejka were in, they agreed that on the their versions of the DL main board only I appear in the chat, it had been fine earlier when mpfc, HCW & NAP had been in for a chat. I really don't want to appear as being the only person in the chat.

Maybe the DL admin/mods are trying to tell me something............... If so, tell me to my face and I will leave.

I haven't figured out exactly how it works, but after being in the chat for a while the forum front page doesn't show that you're in. I assure you that this is just a technical matter, it has nothing to do with the people involved. The "Show detailed by: Member Name" page shows the correct names of people in chat, if they're actually chatting, that is.

regards,

Hein

Does the chat still work? If not, am I banned? I can't get it to work.

It seems to me it's in working order.

I suggest you have a look at this post for a few incantations. Unfortunately the magic doesn't always work.

regards,

Hein

I suggest you have a look at this post for a few incantations. Unfortunately the magic doesn't always work.

regards,

Hein

I'm in there right now - working fine.... :party:

regards,

Hein

I'm in there right now - working fine.... :P

Please note" CArolAnne is not there now, two days later......(of course neither am I so maybe she is and I just didn't see her)

Andd how is it that I am listed now as being there whjen I am here?

regards,

Hein

I'm in there right now - working fine.... :lol:

Please note" CArolAnne is not there now, two days later......(of course neither am I so maybe she is and I just didn't see her)

Nope - I wasn't there this morning. Funnily enough I can't see myself in there when I am in there. I just ignore that part of life and do whatevery I want. :)

It's 3:34 central standard time and I'm in chat if anyone's interested. I'll be here until the cable guy gets here to further screw up my on demand service. :ph34r:

Edit 4:00pm - still in there, but not showing on the main page. Drop in and see if I'm there - I never show up. :(

It now shows that I'm in, but I'm not. I tried to get in, but it still just comes up blank with the message

"load: class Client not found". Hmmm...