Sign in to follow this  
weatherman90

The Weatherman Death Pool

Taufa'ahau Tupou IV, 88, brings the ninth hit for the WDP. Windsor "the Troll" and the genius team of Magere Hein and Notapotato under the pseudonym "Nice Tits" both score 6 points. This is the first hit of the year for the duo of "Nice Tits", and the second hit for Windsor the Troll, bringing his total to 13, and putting him at a tie for 5th place with "JD" (Banshees Scream). Slave to the Grave remains firm in 1st place with 23 points, but still with Football Fan a hair behind with 22. For the complete scoreboard, picks, and news information, visit the WDP Headquarters here.

Taufa'ahau Tupou IV, 88, brings the ninth hit for the WDP. Windsor "the Troll" and the genius team of Magere Hein and Notapotato under the pseudonym "Nice Tits" both score 6 points. This is the first hit of the year for the duo of "Nice Tits", and the second hit for Windsor the Troll, bringing his total to 13, and putting him at a tie for 5th place with "JD" (Banshees Scream). Slave to the Grave remains firm in 1st place with 23 points, but still with Football Fan a hair behind with 22. For the complete scoreboard, picks, and news information, visit the WDP Headquarters here.

"Nice Tits" said the unfussy gaylord to the fatboy. God I'm drunk.....

(well if you can repost so can I, and at least I have the excuse of being very, very drunk....)

I haven't given up hope. One of these days I'll get a hit on the WDP

I haven't given up hope. One of these days I'll get a hit on the WDP

You might find comfort in the fact that you aren't the only one. 14 out of the 19 teams have had at least one hit so far, leaving five with none. The five teams are sadly: Myself, You(Phantom), the mystery player of unknown orgin WSDA, our very own Handrejka and Brinsworth House Baiter.

Interestingly:

3/5 said players would benefit from the demise of Gerald Ford.

3/5 said players would benefit from the demise of Ronnie Biggs.

3/5 said players would benefit from the demise of Ross Davidson.

Ann Richards, 73, former TX Governor has died of esophageal cancer. With a twist of irony, Richards wrote a book titled "I'm not slowing down: Winning my battle with osteoporosis." Soon after, Richards would learn that she should have changed the title to "I'm going down: Losing my battle with Esophageal Cancer". :)

Two players on the WDP were fortunate enough to select her and receive 7 points on account of her age: Our very own TF, under cover as "RMHED", and our own Canadian Paul. This changes the scoreboard by a great deal. Canadian Paul adds the 7 points to his previous 16 and reaches a score of 23 - and puts him in a tie with Slave to the Grave for 1st place. NOTE: CP is listed as #1 and STTG is listed as #2 only because it is easier to go alphabetical. If a tie exists at the end of the pool, the player with the lowest APA would win the pool. Meanwhile, Football Fan still technically hangs on to 2nd place with 22 points. RMHED (TF) slides into 6th place, while technically tied with JD (Banshees Scream) and Windsor the Troll for 5th place with 13 points. If the long text above frightened and confused you, turn to the WDP Headquarters for a simplistic scoreboard.

You can see the current scoreboard and latest news at the WDP headquarters page located here.

Ann Richards, 73, former TX Governor has died of esophageal cancer. With a twist of irony, Richards wrote a book titled "I'm not slowing down: Winning my battle with osteoporosis." Soon after, Richards would learn that she should have changed the title to "I'm going down: Losing my battle with Esophageal Cancer". :P

Two players on the WDP were fortunate enough to select her and receive 7 points on account of her age: Our very own TF, under cover as "RMHED", and our own Canadian Paul. This changes the scoreboard by a great deal. Canadian Paul adds the 7 points to his previous 16 and reaches a score of 23 - and puts him in a tie with Slave to the Grave for 1st place. NOTE: CP is listed as #1 and STTG is listed as #2 only because it is easier to go alphabetical. If a tie exists at the end of the pool, the player with the lowest APA would win the pool. Meanwhile, Football Fan still technically hangs on to 2nd place with 22 points. RMHED (TF) slides into 6th place, while technically tied with JD (Banshees Scream) and Windsor the Troll for 5th place with 13 points. If the long text above frightened and confused you, turn to the WDP Headquarters for a simplistic scoreboard.

You can see the current scoreboard and latest news at the WDP headquarters page located here.

Bugger! why didn't I put Richards on my list for this year? :):banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sorry for the delay, but yesterday, September 30, 2006, the WDP reached the official halfway mark. Since we have had 10 of the 90 celebrities die at this point, we can probably look for about 18-20 out of 90 for the final tally. Hopefully the so-called "Unfortunate 5" (Myself, Phantom, WSDA, Handrejka, and BHB) will catch a break during the second half.

Sorry for the delay, but yesterday, September 30, 2006, the WDP reached the official halfway mark. Since we have had 10 of the 90 celebrities die at this point, we can probably look for about 18-20 out of 90 for the final tally. Hopefully the so-called "Unfortunate 5" (Myself, Phantom, WSDA, Handrejka, and BHB) will catch a break during the second half.

I finally get my first points with Ross Davidson dying.

Along with

Football Fan

Canadian Paul

Obiskobilob

Nice Tits

Slave to the Grave

Windsor

Handrejka

Brinsworth House Baiter

JD

I finally get my first points with Ross Davidson dying.

Along with

Football Fan, Canadian Paul, Obiskobilob, Nice Tits, Slave to the Grave, Windsor, Handrejka, Brinsworth House Baiter, JD

Oh F**k it.

I didn't pick Davidson for this either. I must be in last place by now. :pop:

OoO; you and me both, languishing on 7 points apiece. As they say in them season long sports, it's a marathon not a sprint, eh?

Yes, the long awaited death of EastEnders star Ross Davidson has finally occured. Davidson announced his disease publically 15 months ago after doctors gave him 18 months to live. This is the biggest hit so far at the WDP. Since his illness was highly publicized at the Deathlist, Davidson became the second most picked celeb, with 10 teams selecting him.

Phantom, Football Fan, Canadian Paul, Obiskobilob, Nice Tits, Slave to the Grave, Windsor the Troll, Handrejka, Brinsworth House Baiter, and JD all receive 8 points on account of his youthful age.

While a total of 80 points is added to the scoreboard, Davidson's death brings no change to the top 3 teams as they all had a hit with him. The tie for first place still remains with Canadian Paul and Slave to the Grave now tied at 31 points. Football Fan still hangs on to 2nd with 30 points.

Davidson's death was the first hit of the game for 3 late-blooming teams:Handrejka, Phantom, and Brinsworth House Baiter.

Incredibly, this still leaves two teams still with no hits for the year: Myself, sadly, and the still-mystery player WSDA.

For the scoreboard, see Here.

I'm sure may of you are wondering, so I will let you know what the end of the pool proceedings will be if the current 1st place tie would still exist or if another one would develop. First, if the player has won an award like BHB or WSDA have, they would be declared winner in a tie. However, (sorry BHB, but if none of your gay George's die), it appears that neither of those teams will make it to 1st place. So, the final ruling will be made based on the APA(Average Pick Age for the slow). The player with the lowest APA will win. Currently, Canadian Paul is listed on top because he has a lower APA than SttG.

Questions? :banghead::):)

Well, with the clock ticking on the WDP, and 5 months to go, it is time to analyze how the surviving picks are faring thus far.

The number one pick, the coma stricken Ariel Sharon, has 15 people eagerly waiting. Little information on his condition seems to be available, and he was expected to be dead long ago. This one is almsot a toss-up, but the odds are in favor of his demise prior to April 1.

#2 and #3, Ross D. and Charles H. are long gone. #4, ex-Pres Gerald Ford, is selected by 8 people. His health has been on the decline as of late with heart surgeries and hospital visits galore, but whether it is headed downhill with enough speed to put him on a slab before the end of the pool is yet to be seen.

Deathlisters everywhere are now almost immune to any news on #5 Ronnie Biggs' health, as we have had our chain yanked and legs pulled many a time. Nevertheless, 8 players are hoping that the next health news story will be his last.

#6, crook Tammy Faye Messner, is not dying up make-up poisoning, but rather of lung cancer which has reportedly put her into hospice. Deathlisters are able to keep tabs on her health via her sporatic bi-monthly notes on her website. The latest note was noted for its brevity - six people are hoping this is a sign that things have taken a turn for the worst.

Harold Pinter pulls in at #7. He was chosen by most after his battle with throat cancer, but he is now doing well. Michael Foot, #8 with five teams waiting, is just plain old with no health concerns that have been made known to the public. #9's Albert Hoffman is also just plain old at 100.

The immortal Art Buchwald ranks at #10 with four teams waiting. He's a robot from the future, obviously, so no need to worry about his demise until his parts begin to wear out around the year 4300.

We are now well into November, with no hits since RD's death on the 17th of Oct. You must see the new and exciting feature on the lower right hand corner of the screen at the WDP HQ.

Located Here.

We are now well into November, with no hits since RD's death on the 17th of Oct. You must see the new and exciting feature on the lower right hand corner of the screen at the WDP HQ.

Located Here.

Ah excellent, I forgot I had Davidson on your deadpool...

Looks like the CPDP wasn't the only one without a hit, looks like no one chose Friedman here either

Finally! :huh:, (After almost 2 months), our 12th hit has arrived in the form of Liz Bolden, the second "world's oldest person" to die this year, after Maria Capovilla. RMHED (known around these parts as Tempus Fugit), scores 6 points, and now has 19 points. However, he only moves from 6th to 5th place. Hopefully we can squeeze out at least 4 or 5 more hits to break the long standing tie for first place. The days are dwindling - just 112 to go.

The WDP Headquarters Page (newly updated)

Finally! :huh:, (After almost 2 months), our 12th hit has arrived in the form of Liz Bolden, the second "world's oldest person" to die this year, after Maria Capovilla. RMHED (known around these parts as Tempus Fugit), scores 6 points, and now has 19 points. However, he only moves from 6th to 5th place. Hopefully we can squeeze out at least 4 or 5 more hits to break the long standing tie for first place. The days are dwindling - just 112 to go.

The WDP Headquarters Page (newly updated)

The tie is likely to be broken when Tammy Faye decides to give up the ghost. I just hope she can hold on long enough to be my 2007 DDP Joker and minimize the loss.

By the way, I like the new layout W90.

A natty re-design, I like its user friendly qualities. I'll like it even more when Tammy Faye ups my points score.

I just got done reading the Tammy Faye post minutes ago - it looks like she is finally nearing the end, although I thought she was a goner in 2004. Her death would definately shake up the scoreboard - a rough sketch done in my head would put Slave to the Grave in 1st with 39, Football Fan at 38, Obiskobilob and Canadian Paul tied at 31, and Windsor the Troll at 29.

Glad the new layout has been well-received - I thought it was time for some color and a new design.

Meanwhile, the bitter twist of irony continues as myself, the organizer of the WDP, is one of only two that have yet to score a single point. The other being a player with an unknown identity who decided to include some very young picks.

Gerald Ford, as most of you know, has finally died age 93 - the oldest Pres in history. 8 teams: myself, Icelandic Hurricane, Slave to the Grave, Halleluyahjohntudor, WSDA, Windsor the Troll, Handrejka, and JD. This is the first hit and about time for me and WSDA, and now all 19 players have had at least one hit in this jolly old pool. With that said, Ford's death brings a new first place holder - our own Slave to the Grave. SttG and Canadian Paul had been tied for several months and most recently tied at 31. Now, since CP chose not to select Ford, SttG leaps ahead to 37 with her 5th hit. Football Fan is still in 3rd with 30 points, and now JD and Windsor are tied with 27 for 4th. Obiskobilob rounds of the top 5 with 23.

Check out the newly updated headquarters here.

Excellent. At least there's one dead pool I'm not last in.

Gerald Ford, as most of you know, has finally died age 93 - the oldest Pres in history. 8 teams: myself, Icelandic Hurricane, Slave to the Grave, Halleluyahjohntudor, WSDA, Windsor the Troll, Handrejka, and JD. This is the first hit and about time for me and WSDA, and now all 19 players have had at least one hit in this jolly old pool. With that said, Ford's death brings a new first place holder - our own Slave to the Grave. SttG and Canadian Paul had been tied for several months and most recently tied at 31. Now, since CP chose not to select Ford, SttG leaps ahead to 37 with his 5th hit. Football Fan is still in 3rd with 30 points, and now JD and Windsor are tied with 27 for 4th. Obiskobilob rounds of the top 5 with 23.

For the love of all that is holy W90, SttG is female.

My apologies - I threw the 'his' in there without even realizing it.

Gerald Ford, as most of you know, has finally died age 93 - the oldest Pres in history. 8 teams: myself, Icelandic Hurricane, Slave to the Grave, Halleluyahjohntudor, WSDA, Windsor the Troll, Handrejka, and JD. This is the first hit and about time for me and WSDA, and now all 19 players have had at least one hit in this jolly old pool. With that said, Ford's death brings a new first place holder - our own Slave to the Grave. SttG and Canadian Paul had been tied for several months and most recently tied at 31. Now, since CP chose not to select Ford, SttG leaps ahead to 37 with his 5th hit. Football Fan is still in 3rd with 30 points, and now JD and Windsor are tied with 27 for 4th. Obiskobilob rounds of the top 5 with 23.

For the love of all that is holy W90, SttG is female.