maryportfuncity

Gene Wilder

Haunted Honeymoon was a great movie. :D

I'm clearly in the minority, but Gene Wilder wasn't part of my life at all. I don't think I've seen any of his films.

Not even the Willy Wanka one - I'm too old :old: reckon I had reached the stroppy teenager stage by then, and wouldn't have been seen dead watching a kids' film.

I see that he had non-Hodgkins lymphoma as long ago as 1999. That killed my mother in less than six months. So be comforted, fans - he had a pretty good innings.

Well well, I would rather have him run for president than the two morons who are running in my country.

• Like 1

Upon his death I am surprised to find out how popular he is,I mostly know him from being sampled on the Underground Hip Hop song "Pure Imagination"

youtube.com/watch?v=2StFsv6P9OE

Only know him from the original Charlie and the chocolate factory that was on all the time on telly when I was a child (around get time the new one was made). Amazing to learn just how highly he was thought of for many many other things he has done, especially the ovarian cancer stuff.

I'm clearly in the minority, but Gene Wilder wasn't part of my life at all. I don't think I've seen any of his films.

Not even the Willy Wanka one - I'm too old :old: reckon I had reached the stroppy teenager stage by then, and wouldn't have been seen dead watching a kids' film.

I see that he had non-Hodgkins lymphoma as long ago as 1999. That killed my mother in less than six months. So be comforted, fans - he had a pretty good innings.

My Dad was a teen when it came out and was a massive fan.Then again I cant imagine him ever having a rebellious phase.

Is there anyone else from Blazing Saddles apart from Mel Brooks still alive?

john-hillerman-blazingsaddles-1.jpg

John "N-word" Hillerman comes to mind.

On August 2nd this year David Huddleston died.

So, it's an odd movie when the director outlives most of the cast, eh

Is there anyone else from Blazing Saddles apart from Mel Brooks still alive?

john-hillerman-blazingsaddles-1.jpg

John "N-word" Hillerman comes to mind.

On August 2nd this year David Huddleston died.

So, it's an odd movie when the director outlives most of the cast, eh

Oh aye, and the - obitable - Burton Gilliam is alive too by the looks of things:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burton_Gilliam

My Dad was a teen when it came out and was a massive fan.Then again I cant imagine him ever having a rebellious phase.

We were more into piling on the slap in attempts to look old enough to get into the X films :lol:

Funny thing, I was looking him up Friday to see if he was good for my DDP team. Then he dies. Looks like Gregg Allman might not make it either, cause I have been researching him for a possibility in my DDP team.

Of course you were.

Fuzzy wuzzy was a woman?

I keep researching Justin Bieber.... nothing happens....

What am I doing wrong?

• Like 2

Funny thing, I was looking him up Friday to see if he was good for my DDP team. Then he dies. Looks like Gregg Allman might not make it either, cause I have been researching him for a possibility in my DDP team.

Of course you were.

Fuzzy wuzzy was a woman?

What am I doing wrong?

Wait till he is 83 and has Alzheimer.

• Like 3

Of course you were.

Fuzzy wuzzy was a woman?

What am I doing wrong?

Of course you were.

Fuzzy wuzzy was a woman?

What am I doing wrong?

Or just wait until next year, when he dies of an OD. ;)

On 30/08/2016 at 16:19, maryportfuncity said:

Oh aye, and the - obitable - Burton Gilliam is alive too by the looks of things:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burton_Gilliam

Because of the post above, Burton Gilliam is in my longlist.

Turns out he was diagnosed with cancer, and in January, was "still having problems with his appetite", but he also is looking forward to his 84th birthday:

https://lakewood.advocatemag.com/burton-gilliam-turns-83/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Because of the post above, Burton Gilliam is in my longlist.

Turns out he was diagnosed with cancer, and in January, was "still having problems with his appetite", but he also is looking forward to his 84th birthday:

https://lakewood.advocatemag.com/burton-gilliam-turns-83/

Almost the same age as Jet Black - you feel a poll coming on

I think Jet will go first