Sign in to follow this  
Guest iain

Sudden Death!

Be assured Cowboy Ronnie, I wear my dark blue warning with the same pride that Vassili Zaitsev would have taken in his Order of Lenin. I shall contuinue to crawl over these threads as if they were the cherished rubble of the Red October factory, drawing a bead on any clumsy oompa loompa that comes within my sights.

Za vashe zdorovye!

And feel a bit of a chump every time I get my spellings wrong.

Be assured Cowboy Ronnie, I wear my dark blue warning with the same pride that Vassili Zaitsev would have taken in his Order of Lenin. I shall contuinue to crawl over these threads as if they were the cherished rubble of the Red October factory, drawing a bead on any clumsy oompa loompa that comes within my sights.

Za vashe zdorovye!

Godot I wouldn't really worry, The average deathlist member has seemed to of adapted to spelling errors...

Iain - congratulations on being proved correct that the entertainingly named Mr. Sudden did in fact die. However, for the umpteenth time, please post such info on the "Not Exactly Famous" thread, because there was no discussion of selecting Nikki Sudden for the 2006 DL, so he can't be considered a "Near Miss". That should be only for people who were actually discussed in the forum, or should have been but we're just too stupid to have done so.

And for those who want the thread closed, remember that we apply natural selection, not euthanasia, on this site, and prefer to late lame threads die a natural death. This one still has a pulse, just.

I don't think it should be deleted. Merged though perhaps...

The rock singer Nikki Sudden has died of a drug overdose at 49

There is still no mention of Nikki Sudden's death anywhere. Not even on his official website.

This had better not be a hoax Iain.

You'll be relieved to know that his official website does now report the sad news

OK i admit I should have posted it in the near misses thread but you're right..the 'sudden death' headline was too tempting to resist.I hope this has restored some of your faith in wikipedia!

Iain,

I don't think it's really restored anyone's faith in the reliability of Wikipedia, bearing in mind that one moment Nikki Sudden's death was reported and the next moment the entry had been amended.

You'd avoid a lot of criticism if you didn't rely too heavily on wikipedia and used it as your primary source for the reports of celebs who have kicked the bucket.

I've made the error before of posting links from wikipedia and now hunt around for a more reliable source to confirm it.

Iain - congratulations on being proved correct that the entertainingly named Mr. Sudden did in fact die. However, for the umpteenth time, please post such info on the "Not Exactly Famous" thread, because there was no discussion of selecting Nikki Sudden for the 2006 DL, so he can't be considered a "Near Miss". That should be only for people who were actually discussed in the forum, or should have been but we're just too stupid to have done so.

And for those who want the thread closed, remember that we apply natural selection, not euthanasia, on this site, and prefer to late lame threads die a natural death. This one still has a pulse, just.

I think it has become too much of a monster now to merge with Near Misses or Not exactly famous.

It has developed an unholy existence all its own.

I think it has become too much of a monster now to merge with Near Misses or Not exactly famous.

It has developed an unholy exsistence all its own.

Like a very large plant that has grown way out of control.....

It has developed an unholy exsistence all its own.

The point is to nip these in the bud before they get too large, but, whatever I guess...

Another victory for Lord Cthulhu

Za vashe zdorovye!

Godot, perhaps you could explain what you're ranting about here.

Za vashe zdorovye!

This perhaps - Za vashe zdorovye!

What ever the hell it means. I couldn't be bothered looking.

Za vashe zdorovye!

Banshees my good friend, I'm no Russianist but I think it means "Good health" or the Russian equivalent.

We were discussing my intermittent warning that comes and goes like a rash, that, when there, I wear with pride. CS removed it so I'm clean again (for now).

Za vashe zdorovye!

Banshees my good friend, I'm no Russianist but I think it means "Good health" or the Russian equivalent.

We were discussing my intermittent warning that comes and goes like a rash, that, when there, I wear with pride. CS removed it so I'm clean again (for now).

I think if you look back through the thread, it was Marjorie, whom asked what you were ranting about...I'm sorry, but these things bother me...

Za vashe zdorovye!

I think if you look back through the thread, it was Marjorie, whom asked what you were ranting about...I'm sorry, but these things bother me...

Brinsworth don't let it. I was letting it lie. She's not so dim. We're getting on so well, not fighting over the tupperware cornflakes box on a morning, living in peaceful co-existence, she in her curlers, me with my Chinese phrasebook. The deathlist is a happy land once again and long may it remain so. But I do hope Weatherman is going to explain his April Fool turd.

Brinsworth don't let it. I was letting it lie. She's not so dim. We're getting on so well, not fighting over the tupperware cornflakes box on a morning, living in peaceful co-existence, she in her curlers, me with my Chinese phrasebook

Sorry, mate, I'll let her bite instead.

Brinsworth don't let it. I was letting it lie. She's not so dim. We're getting on so well, not fighting over the tupperware cornflakes box on a morning, living in peaceful co-existence, she in her curlers, me with my Chinese phrasebook

I think biting is very romantic.

I think biting is very romantic.

So does Marjorie, that's the problem.

Perhaps all the threads that are here could be merged into a Mega Death thread. Members could then have the ability to start new threads removed from their accounts.

This would certainly clean up the forum and make several moderator positions redundant. Thus solving the current dispute about policing from the Waffen-Moderator. The admin could then merge the regional moderating forces into one giant cluster f**k of a police fa/orce! :D

would a megadeth thread be acceptable, with only heavy metal musos featured?

anyway, got right off the point of nikki sudden, didn't it? i didn't find this the other day, and only came to it via godot (thank you, kind sir) after mentioning nikki elsewhere. to those of you who said 'i've never heard of him', well, i haven't heard of half the people mentioned as kicking it, but it's all educational. the swell maps had a brief moment of importance for demystifying making records back in the late seventies. they kickstarted the whole diy/lo-fi thing, which has spread with the net and is now not just about that kind of music but about a democratisation of music making away from majors - in a lot of ways, the arctic monkeys et al wouldn't have been possible without the maps, and neither would nirvana and grunge. certainly it wuld have been different.

i can hear the serious buggers harrumphing about how the explosion of 'crap' music it caused is a bad thing - quality, etc - but the point is that it encouraged people to make rather than just consume. nikki couldn't sing that well, and his songs wer always the same few chords, but you could say that of a lot of people. he did have charm, and his love of just playing was infectious.

he also used to start the day with a methadone and cherry brandy cocktail, so it's amazing he lasted as long as he did!

incidentally, his brother epic soundtracks is another dead drummer...

Ah, the first person on Deathlist I actually knew (albeit vaguely.)

It's such a terrible thought that his parents have outlived two sons.

same for me - feels weird, actually. anyone else know someone on here who's died? makes you feel a little... different about the whole thing.

or am i just being soft?

Thread for heart attacks (primarily), aneurysms, spontaneous combustion (just joking) or any other means of a person collapses and drops dead on the spot.  Don't put someone here if much better suited in another thread (i.e. an actor like John Ritter).

Former hockey international A. Anthony Ravindra died at the age of 56 after suffering a heart attack while playing a practice match last night.
Anthony Ravindra, who played for the national team in the 80’s, suddenly collapsed at about 9.30pm during the rest period after the first set of 15 minutes at the Gurdwara Sahib Guru Nanak turf in Shah Alam.  Anthony Ravindra helped Selangor clinch the 1984 Tun Abdul Razak Cup.
Gurdip Singh Mann, who was with Anthony Ravindra, said the latter was fine before the match.  “Like any other day, I went to fetch him at his home as he did not drive. He was good and did not show any symptoms of illness.  During the rest, he suddenly collapsed. We tried hard to revive him with the help of a doctor, but he did not show any sign,” said Gurdip.
SC

1 minute ago, Cat O'Falk said:

We already have a thread titled Sudden Death. We don't need another one.

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/2825-sudden-death/

Wow the first sudden death is the thread itself. What a twist!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Must have been the ! cuz it didn't come up.  Certainly -- merge away!