I wonder what percentage of his fame derives from his music, what percentage for his bizarre behaviour, and what percentage from the fact he is or was dating Kate Moss?

1% music. (I saw a Libertines video on MTV a few months ago)

19% Newspapers.

80% deathlist.net ;)

Guest Joe Williams
;) I think Pete Doherty is a genoius. His lyrical ability is unreal, and he is gonna go down in history with other great song writers such as Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Neil Young and other great artists such as Nirvanas Kurt Cobaine. The drugs seem to take over every story we hear about him in the media, when really its his life and people should just let him do what he wishes with it. Hes a free spirit with a beautiful soul, and only he knows how to self destruct himself in his own mind. Good Luck Pete love ya bro x :P

and he is gonna go down in history with other great song writers such as Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Neil Young and other great artists such as Nirvanas Kurt Cobaine.

no he won't

Guest BBBRRRRAAAATTTTTT
;) I think Petes amazing too. Just wish he would get off the drugs, to save his soul. If he believes in God he can't keep polluting his body otherwise his soul wont go on after death! all the best pete!!!!!!

Guest Joe Williams

Cowboy Ronnie, why wont he??

;) bet u aint ever listened to his tracks av ya

;) I think Pete Doherty is a genoius.

This sentence says it all.

bet u aint ever listened to his tracks av ya

Im sure Cowboy Ronnie tries his best not to.

I have listened to a couple of Libertines' and Babyshambles' songs, and they're not bad. But how many artists achieve the status of Hendrix, Dylan, etc? Maybe one every five years. None of his songs have achieved even the status of James Blunt's "You're Beautiful". I doubt the average person in the UK could quote a single line from a Pete Doherty song, which seems a reasonable starting point in achieving the level of fame of the other singers mentioned.

What is about these two guys that inspires so many rabid, boot-licking nut jobs to post here? I just don't get it.

What is about these two guys that inspires so many rabid, boot-licking nut jobs to post here? I just don't get it.

re. Pete probably the fact that the UK tabloids have an unending obsession with him and I think we get regular links from the Libs forum

Who is the other guy you're referring to Typhoid?

There's at least one other person who's been a topic that's drawn out the ranters. Emlyn Hughs, maybe?

There's at least one other person who's been a topic that's drawn out the ranters. Emlyn Hughs, maybe?

Ahh yes Emlyn - well that was the curse of Google where DL was the top site for almost any combination of his name and dead, death, dies etc on the day he died ;)

an anagram of Pete Doherty is:

'e try the dope

which is a bit lame, so please send improvements to deathlist.net

'e try the dope

Peter Doherty = Pretty red hoe = Re: The dry poet = Dry rope teeth

Pete Doherty = Dopey tether

Liam Gallagher's opinion of Pete Doherty.

Must be the first time I've agreed with that man.

'e try the dope

I found out where Ronnie's been!

ronaldarrest3.jpg

Bah, rumbled by Officer Big Mac. I'm currently sharing a cell with the Hamburglar, and Mayor McCheese says there's no hope of parole....

Bah, rumbled by Officer Big Mac.  I'm currently sharing a cell with the Hamburglar, and Mayor McCheese says there's no hope of parole....

So that's no freedom fries for you, then.

Bugger.

regards,

Hein

Guest HANNAH aka lover of the peteness

omg y does everyone in da world seem 2 hate pete doherty. i f****n love him... im f****n OBSESSED! jus coz hes a junkie...... so if he wants to do da stuff let da poor guy hes only trying to enjoy his life!!!! and hes f****n GORGEOUS so i wish all da shitty newspapers would get off his case HES f****n AWESOME, and my god along wit tom delonge n gerard way... bow down..... :lol: lol :o ninjas rule :(:lol::lol:

omg y does everyone in da world seem 2 hate pete doherty. i f****n love him... im f****n OBSESSED! jus coz hes a junkie...... so if he wants to do da stuff let da poor guy hes only trying to enjoy his life!!!! and hes f****n GORGEOUS so i wish all da shitty newspapers would get off his case HES f****n AWESOME, and my god along wit tom delonge n gerard way... bow down..... :old: lol :o ninjas rule :(  :lol:  :lol:

Amanda? Do you need some coffee? :lol:

Guest leighanne

what is wrong with you lot why would you want to predict anybodies death if your that bored try writting some poety you obviously have nothing else to do. peter is a very talented young man who has given us so much we finally have a release sombody who understands us and all you want to do is see him fail and die. do you have this negative outlook on every aspect of your lives cos thats really sad man that makes me cry lighten up were all on the same journey and one day we will all be flying high in the friendly sky does it really matter when it happens.

love to you all you need it.

what is wrong with you lot

Well there is nothing wrong with me - is there anything wrong with you Janeo?

you obviously have nothing else to do

No

peter is a very talented young man who has given us so much we finally have a release sombody who understands us and all you want to do is see him fail and die

Basically Yes. If by 'we' you mean young folk, I'm sure we are better off without his influence.

do you have this negative outlook on every aspect of your lives

Well I do. Its fun. ;)

love to you all you need it.

I don't want your love for I am completely loveless. And that is the way I like it.