maryportfuncity

Terrorists & Topical Terrorist Targets

Anyone involved with the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. Publishing pictures of the Prophet isn't known to be good for your health.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2395143.html

Fair play, you called it.

I hope they catch the bastards.

Meh! Poke a hornets nest and you get stung. Those cartoonists probably should get a Darwin Award.

[sarcasm]Yes, let's blame the victims, that'll work.[/sarcasm]

regards,

Hein

Anyone involved with the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. Publishing pictures of the Prophet isn't known to be good for your health.

regards,

Hein

Meh! Poke a hornets nest and you get stung. Those cartoonists probably should get a Darwin Award.

The guy with the rum avatar and the "I like getting drunk" sig sides with Islamic fundamentalists and then says other people need to be given "Darwin awards"

lololollolololololollolololololololoololololololloolololololoolololoolooooolololololololooolooloolololo

If we stop poking fun at religion , next it will be the poofs and the blacks :)

regards,
Hein

The guy with the rum avatar and the "I like getting drunk" sig sides with Islamic fundamentalists and then says other people need to be given "Darwin awards"
lololollolololololollolololololololoololololololloolololololoolololoolooooolololololololooolooloolololo

I'm on no one's side but my own.

Erm, you can be on someone's side without realising it. Just like I'm sure you often end up actually on your side without realising it lollool. And then the fat bloke steps out from behind the bar with that exasperated look and he's all like, slap slap, come on mate, we closed 15 minutes ago, oh and that guy's just run off with your wallet.

I'm also not stupid enough to make myself a target for Islamic nutters with assault rifles.

Is religious satire really worth dying for?

God you dumbfuck. Way to miss the point completely.

Hey everybody let's go see the No.1 movie attraction of the winter, Fuck Off and Die Hard, in which Tempus Fugit, with the help of his friends the toaster and the bath tub, completely changes the way we think about the franchise that Bruce Willis made his own!

Coming to a cinema near you this Saturday! (hopefully)

If we stop poking fun at religion , next it will be the poofs and the blacks :)

Same thing?
2a9rxo6.jpg

Yeah, well can't say it makes me feel any better about my life. There are others - like Matt Stone and Trey Parker - who might be following the unfolding events with more interest than most of us.

Good news.The Charlie Hebdo killers are dead http://www.bbc.com/n...europe-30752239

Not exactly good news. They were intending to die anyway. It would have been better if they'd be able to take them alive and have them stand trial.

Good news.The Charlie Hebdo killers are dead http://www.bbc.com/n...europe-30752239

Not exactly good news. They were intending to die anyway. It would have been better if they'd be able to take them alive and have them stand trial.

Aye, this lot have taken it to another level with regard to where they struck, the damage they did to their intended target and the time they held out. Doubtless their inspiration is already being felt in radical cells elsewhere, so it's probably got everyone from those who've actively mocked the wrong targets to the British MPs who voted in favour of invading Iraq and Afghanistan a bit edgy. The "good news" if such exists, might - just - be felt - when we come to consider theme teams and the like for next year. I mean, if anyone had taken the risk of picking all of that office staff who got slaughtered they'd have a winning lead in the DDP already.

^^^ 'or' if they took a chance on a load of radicalised frenchies after all the driving into crowds afore chrimbo..

Aye, this lot have taken it to another level with regard to where they struck, the damage they did to their intended target and the time they held out. Doubtless their inspiration is already being felt in radical cells elsewhere, so it's probably got everyone from those who've actively mocked the wrong targets to the British MPs who voted in favour of invading Iraq and Afghanistan a bit edgy. The "good news" if such exists, might - just - be felt - when we come to consider theme teams and the like for next year. I mean, if anyone had taken the risk of picking all of that office staff who got slaughtered they'd have a winning lead in the DDP already.

If the terrorists really wanted to die "like martyrs" as it's claimed they stated, they would have stayed put and fought it out with the police in a pitch battle rather than try to flee

If the terrorists really wanted to die "like martyrs" as it's claimed they stated, they would have stayed put and fought it out with the police in a pitch battle rather than try to flee

Bawz.

It has always been a weak spot of theirs. 1 hit and your out. Maybe they are learning you can still be a martyr if you die in action after several terrorist atrocities .

*see all the posthumous medals handed out in Iraq, Afghanistan etc to westerners*

Well, that was that. For now.

Now it's time for awkward questions.

• Are the two dead assailants of Dammartin-en-Goële indeed the people who did the Charlie Hebdo job?
  • Is the dead hostage taker in Paris the person who shot the police woman?
  • Did the two dead assailants of Dammartin-en-Goële do their things in collusion with the dead hostage taker?
  • Are others iinvolved?
  • How skilled were they? Obviously they knew how to handle an assault rifle. The Charlie Hebdo assailants seem to have done some, but not much homework. They knew who they wanted, but didn't know the exact address where they worked.
  • How do they fit in international Halibut terrorism?
  • Where did the weapons come from?
  • Where did funding, if any, come from?

My suspicion is that these men were fringe, with enough connections to get some military training and the guns. I doubt they were acting on direct orders from overseas.

regards,

Hein

° yes

° yes

° associated

° yes , the girlfriend of the third man is still at large .

° competent.

° Perfectly.

° Oman.

° Oman.

Simple really :)

On a serious dead pooling note, though, the thing here is that the attack against the magazine will make anyone else think hard about publishing such jokes. Targetted and effective attacks are the point here and whether the attackers survive doesn't appear too big a consideration, it's not like they're short of volunteers. So, the people who piss off ISIS - businesses, media types, politicians etc. - are long-shot (for us) options for bonus points awarded in the case of violent death. Surely there are more active Jihadi types in the US or UK than there ever were in France.

On a serious dead pooling note, though, the thing here is that the attack against the magazine will make anyone else think hard about publishing such jokes. Targetted and effective attacks are the point here and whether the attackers survive doesn't appear too big a consideration, it's not like they're short of volunteers. So, the people who piss off ISIS - businesses, media types, politicians etc. - are long-shot (for us) options for bonus points awarded in the case of violent death. Surely there are more active Jihadi types in the US or UK than there ever were in France.

I think you'll find that the magazine are reprinting the same joke in the next issue.

Guest Guest

Well, that was that. For now.

• Are the two dead assailants of Dammartin-en-Goële indeed the people who did the Charlie Hebdo job?
  • Is the dead hostage taker in Paris the person who shot the police woman?
  • Did the two dead assailants of Dammartin-en-Goële do their things in collusion with the dead hostage taker?
  • Are others iinvolved?
  • How skilled were they? Obviously they knew how to handle an assault rifle. The Charlie Hebdo assailants seem to have done some, but not much homework. They knew who they wanted, but didn't know the exact address where they worked.
  • How do they fit in international Halibut terrorism?
  • Where did the weapons come from?
  • Where did funding, if any, come from?

My suspicion is that these men were fringe, with enough connections to get some military training and the guns. I doubt they were acting on direct orders from overseas.

regards,

Hein

who cares.all I know is its 2 less muzzy scumbags in the world.job done !

who cares.all I know is its 2 less muzzy scumbags in the world.job done !

I care, and I hope others do. I don't miss the people who did the Charlie Hebdo job, nor the person who shot the police woman. While I don't much doubt that the correct anwer to my first two questions is 'yes', I'd like to see evidence for that.

My questions are things we need to know to have a chance to fight back and avoid at least some repeats. Just killing the attackers is a losing strategy.

regards,

Hein

Just think of it as The Crusades in reverse.

The French were behind a lot of that shit,and that really is what you get with multiculturalism.

Globalisation has a lot to answer for, and the sooner we run out of oil the better imo , it will stop tourism and all the wankers that want to go and 'experience' other cultures.

Just think of it as The Crusades in reverse.

From a historical point of view that's a bad comparison, but I can imagine that those who manage or perform these attacks like to see it that way.

Globalisation has a lot to answer for, and the sooner we run out of oil the better imo , it will stop tourism and all the wankers that want to go and 'experience' other cultures.

I agree with that 'run out of oil' thing, but for another reason: without petrol to power it and oil revenue to fund it, this war will soon run out of steam. I won't live to see that happen. I think that a strategy to ending it sooner starts with an analysis of who gains financially from it.

Whatever one thinks of globalisation, it's a fact we'll have to live with.

regards,

Hein

Whatever one thinks of globalisation, it's a fact we'll have to live with.

regards,

Hein

Some couldn't live with it, and as the Clash wrote, "cherif don't like it".

Hell, when I was growing up I despised the folk from the next village, nevermind, God forbid, the nearest town.

• Like 2