maryportfuncity

Terrorists & Topical Terrorist Targets

Just now, polar duck said:

Lots of tabloids and some officials are calling it, but still nothing from the IDF.

Speaking as someone with him on the DDP, I'm hoping IDF get a shift on here, everyone else is calling it, so I'm thinking this might be one time when the DDP judges don't wait for the terrorist group to rule on it.

What?? How did TMZ get pictures of Sinwar's dead body?

23 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

What?? How did TMZ get pictures of Sinwar's dead body?

The tatoos are all wrong, I think they killed the wrong guy. 

1 hour ago, polar duck said:

Lots of tabloids and some officials are calling it, but still nothing from the IDF.

Jerusalem Post now reporting IDF has confirmed killing of Yahya Sinwar, confirming what the BBC has reported as per one of the thread entries above mine.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-confirms-death-of-hamas-leader-oct-7-architect-yahya-sinwar/

Good riddance, Yahya Sinwar was an extreme cunt even on Hamas/Hezbollah standards. Who are Israel's main targets now? I'd say:

1) Mohammed Deif: Major target for the last 30 years, longtime leader of Hamas' military wing. Has survived enormous amounts of assasination attempts, partially wheelchairbound and is called "cat with nine lives". Let's be honest, he's alive.

2) Talal Hamiyah: Arguably the largest Hezbollah target, and the final survivor of the old guard militant commanders of Hezbollah. He leads Unit 910 or Islamic Jihad Organization that has launched attacks on the West, including the AMIA bombing in Argentina that killed 85. He is called "Hezbollah's Ghost", Israel attempted to kill him most recently late last month. 

3) Mohammed Sinwar: Yahya's younger brother and potential successor. Said to be one of the main minds behind the 7th of October attacks.

4) Ziyad Al-Nakhalah: Palestinian Islamic Jihad Secretary-General. Rumored to have been the main target in a recent attack on Syria

Other potential successors to Sinwar are Khaled Mashal, Khalil al-Hayya and Mousa Abu Marzook, but currently (to me atleast) they do not seem as large targets as the people above. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, arghton said:

Good riddance, Yahya Sinwar was an extreme cunt even on Hamas/Hezbollah standards. Who are Israel's main targets now? I'd say:

1) Mohammed Deif: Major target for the last 30 years, longtime leader of Hamas' military wing. Has survived enormous amounts of assasination attempts, partially wheelchairbound and is called "cat with nine lives". Let's be honest, he's alive.

2) Talal Hamiyah: Arguably the largest Hezbollah target, and the final survivor of the old guard militant commanders of Hezbollah. He leads Unit 910 or Islamic Jihad Organization that has launched attacks on the West, including the AMIA bombing in Argentina that killed 85. He is called "Hezbollah's Ghost", Israel attempted to kill him most recently late last month. 

3) Mohammed Sinwar: Yahya's younger brother and potential successor. Said to be one of the main minds behind the 7th of October attacks.

4) Ziyad Al-Nakhalah: Palestinian Islamic Jihad Secretary-General. Rumored to have been the main target in a recent attack on Syria

Other potential successors to Sinwar are Khaled Mashal, Khalil al-Hayya and Mousa Abu Marzook, but currently (to me atleast) they do not seem as large targets as the people above. 

Agree with you that Deif is still alive. 

Embarrassing that The Times jumped the gun and released a QO for him back in August.

I don't get why you think Deif is still alive. The IDF has been quite infallible during this war, and It took them two weeks to be sure he was dead. If they weren't absolutely sure they would not reiterate the statement continuosly.

Hamas has not acknowledged the death of almost any of their leaders! Even Sinwar is uncinfirmed for them, and his corpse was seen by all the world. Issa Marwan's death was never confirmed too. 

Of course they had to acknowledge Haniyeh, but it happened in Teheran and was first reported by Iranian media. Hamas is Just a terror organization on its last legs, not their interest to confirm their leaders' deaths. Another organization, but Hashem Safieddine's death is still ridicolously unconfirmed by Hezbollah.

Oh, yes, you could say Hamas spokesman stated  *after a whole month* that Deif is alive. No audios or anything have been released by Hamas to prove it. And his iconic figure motivates youth to join their diminished ranks, so they need him "alive", even if he is in Gaza dust now. 

Conclusion: Deif is dead and their attempt to lie was miserable.

Also, Khaled Meshaal is actually the top enemy of Israel now. An experienced hardliner who headed Hamas for years and has miracolously fooled death. Back on the main scene soon.

5 hours ago, drol said:

I don't get why you think Deif is still alive. The IDF has been quite infallible during this war, and It took them two weeks to be sure he was dead. If they weren't absolutely sure they would not reiterate the statement continuosly.

Hamas has not acknowledged the death of almost any of their leaders! Even Sinwar is uncinfirmed for them, and his corpse was seen by all the world. Issa Marwan's death was never confirmed too. 

Of course they had to acknowledge Haniyeh, but it happened in Teheran and was first reported by Iranian media. Hamas is Just a terror organization on its last legs, not their interest to confirm their leaders' deaths. Another organization, but Hashem Safieddine's death is still ridicolously unconfirmed by Hezbollah.

Oh, yes, you could say Hamas spokesman stated  *after a whole month* that Deif is alive. No audios or anything have been released by Hamas to prove it. And his iconic figure motivates youth to join their diminished ranks, so they need him "alive", even if he is in Gaza dust now. 

Conclusion: Deif is dead and their attempt to lie was miserable.

Also, Khaled Meshaal is actually the top enemy of Israel now. An experienced hardliner who headed Hamas for years and has miracolously fooled death. Back on the main scene soon.

Hamas don’t typically release audios and videos to prove leaders are still alive. That was what al Qaeda did.

Issa's death was confirmed by the White House National Security Advisor and I don't think there was ever a denial from Hamas.

Deif's death has been denied and he is allegedly still giving orders according to inside sources (although "giving orders" might just mean they haven't stopped using his signature on documents as an attempt to claim he is still alive).

There is video material, but it simply shows the explosion. The story about Deif and his top lieutenant going out of the bunker to breathe fresh air seems a bit questionable to me. 

Alive or not, the three others are still major targets. Talal Hamiyah is living on overtime and will be a target of Israel/Mossad even if he survives past the end of this current war. Mohammad Sinwar is being actively searched for according to an IDF spokesperson, life expectancy something between a few hours and a few weeks. Mashal is said to be the de facto leader currently, but getting him seems a bit more difficult as he's said to be in Turkey or Qatar at the moment. There are still definitely enough names to make a team for next year.

• Like 1

Beijing Declaration (23 July 2024)

IMG_20241019_204856_094.jpg

32 minutes ago, chel said:

Beijing Declaration (23 July 2024)

IMG_20241019_204856_094.jpg

The inscription identifying individuals is not accurate.

Ghandour died in November 2023.
Jabari died in August 2022.
Ali Qadhi died in October 2023.
Murad died in October 2023.
Al Kedra died in October 2023.
Biari died in October 2023.
Nofal died in October 2023.

So these cannot be the people in the photo.

A lesson for you @chel – if you find a meme or infographic on social media, at least research if it's accurate first ;) 

• Thanks 1