maryportfuncity

Terrorists & Topical Terrorist Targets

Is it just me who thinks that a million people gathering in one place against terrorism, whilst inviting along dozens of world leaders is an open invitation for a pretty atrocious terrorist organisation to unleash a major attack and undermine the whole event, or am I just too cynical?

• Like 1

Is it just me who thinks that a million people gathering in one place against terrorism, whilst inviting along dozens of world leaders is an open invitation for a pretty atrocious terrorist organisation to unleash a major attack and undermine the whole event, or am I just too cynical?

I think people on t'internet giving the fuckers ideas during the aftermath is a lot worse. Or maybe I'm just too logical?

Really it's just logical thinking, well voiced, risk anallaized, but then the type of people we have to deal with aren't the type to read this, taking notes and being able to carry off such an act. Or for that matter thank god, being able to kill more than four Jewish people in a hold up in a Jewish supermarket during a six hour period.

The original plot to bomb the World Trade Center was close to an ideal. One big bomb in the garage, to topple one tower into the other.

The bomb was not big enough and I think only 6 died. Potential loss of life would be the full capacity 55,000 people.

2001 they returned to kill 2,977 people.

Fear of crowded places is well justified. It's for government to try and keep us all safe when large targets are available. That's the downside to atrocities. Minor team to kill 17, major team to kill hundreds, if not a thousand or so in a duck shoot or car bomb(s). So that means sharp shooters on vantage points and heavy vehicles to limit ingress into obvious areas.

I'm concerned that they had a grenade launcher. What mess would that cause to a 747 EL-AL flight out of Charles DeGaule airport?

Maybe another Air Malaysia, like the one just last year, lost over the Ukraine.

Beyond that, be quite scared by the USSR was said to have lost track of a large number of suitcase sized nuclear bombs. The PLO were said to have one of them, did they? And where is it now?

• Like 1

Also allowing the whole police operation to be televised live - that must be so useful for the holed-up terrorists to know what's going on outside.

I mean, freedom of the press and all that, but it's not very sensible is it.

Still a developing story, but the terrorist attack in Kopenhagen has so far resulted in the death of film director Finn Norgaard (55) and security guard Dan Uzan (37). Controversial cartoonist Lars Vilks might have been the target but survived. But much like the Charlie Hebdo guys, he's a walking terrorist target.

One suspect has now been shot dead by the police:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/14/copenhagen-cartoonist-charlie-hebdo-style-attack

Also allowing the whole police operation to be televised live - that must be so useful for the holed-up terrorists to know what's going on outside.

I mean, freedom of the press and all that, but it's not very sensible is it.

Interestingly the world leaders weren't actually on the main march instead in a cordoned off street, so at least the security services decided some people needed excess protection during that march and had considered the possibilities.

The trial of Boston bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has started with his defense lawyer saying "It was him".

Surely if you've entered a plea of "not guilty" in order for there to be a trial, and your defense lawyer immediately admits guilt on your part, you're basically screwed.

Somehow I don't think much of his chances with this one. The only questions left are, will he get the death penalty or how long do you think he'll last beyond bars?

Aren't "done it" and "guilty" different things? There may be justifications or excuses why his lawyer thinks he's not guilty.

I don't know more about US law than what I picked up from courtroom drama (which I rarely watch), so I may be totally wrong.

Arent't "done it" and "guilty" different things? There may be justifications or excuses why his lawyer thinks he's not guilty.

I don't know more about US law than what I picked up from courtroom drama (which I rarely watch), so I may be totally wrong.

Well I think they're hoping for a "yes he did it, but it was his brother's idea".

Arent't "done it" and "guilty" different things? There may be justifications or excuses why his lawyer thinks he's not guilty.

Well I think they're hoping for a "yes he did it, but it was his brother's idea".

Much like Greg Owen and Kelly Gissendaner

The trial of Boston bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has started with his defense lawyer saying "It was him".

Surely if you've entered a plea of "not guilty" in order for there to be a trial, and your defense lawyer immediately admits guilt on your part, you're basically screwed.

Somehow I don't think much of his chances with this one. The only questions left are, will he get the death penalty or how long do you think he'll last beyond bars?

Angling for diminished responsibility or pleading innocent via mental incompetence or good old fashioned insanity? If he was charged with murder he could have pleaded not guilty to it in the hope of getting off with manslaughter (or whatever the us parallels are)?

Angling for diminished responsibility or pleading innocent via mental incompetence or good old fashioned insanity? If he was charged with murder he could have pleaded not guilty to it in the hope of getting off with manslaughter (or whatever the us parallels are)?

I don't think they're playing the insanity card on this one, more that he was coerced by his older brother.

The surviving members of french satirical paper Charlie Hebdo have now earned so much money after the terrorist attack caused a sales explosion that they are fighting about it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11487162/Charlie-Hebdo-staff-split-over-money-two-months-after-attack.html

The surviving members of french satirical paper Charlie Hebdo have now earned so much money after the terrorist attack caused a sales explosion that they are fighting about it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11487162/Charlie-Hebdo-staff-split-over-money-two-months-after-attack.html

This is so disgusting. Most of the profits generated by the increased sales should've been donated to help the families of the victims, but no - these survivors have become so greedy... They didn't want an equal share of the bullets, so why would they get an equal share of the money?
  • Like 1

This is so disgusting. Most of the profits generated by the increased sales should've been donated to help the families of the victims, but no - these survivors have become so greedy... They didn't want an equal share of the bullets, so why would they get an equal share of the money?

I propose they use some of the money to buy each staff member an AK-47 and settle the argument at the next editorial meeting. If one comes out, he/she can decide.

• Like 2

One of the other two, Assad Uzzaman, 25, is still fighting in Syria, while the other one is in jail in the UK.

Fine DDP material, then. That Uzzaman, I mean. From the report you linked to I glean a horrible attrition rate.regards,Hein
Indeed! He'll probably get an obituary as well, if nr.4 gets one here as well...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167045441

Post 1 yesterday edited to say 'killed' , hunt is on for proper confirmation ...

I'm not saying 'why' I was on a bodybuilding website....

• Like 2

One of the other two, Assad Uzzaman, 25, is still fighting in Syria, while the other one is in jail in the UK.

Fine DDP material, then. That Uzzaman, I mean. From the report you linked to I glean a horrible attrition rate.regards,Hein
Indeed! He'll probably get an obituary as well, if nr.4 gets one here as well...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167045441

Post 1 yesterday edited to say 'killed' , hunt is on for proper confirmation ...

I'm not saying 'why' I was on a bodybuilding website....

It's as good a place as any...

• Like 1

:lol:

A post further down says it is credited to a family handout, so , 'seems legit' , and no doubt an obit will be forthcoming in next week or so..

Guest Bewildered Pelican

Hmm. I'll be keeping my beady eye on this situation.

Guest Guest

Breaking news coming in that much of Washington DC inc White House and state dept has been blacked out after explosion at a power station. Don't know if its terrorist related or not but thought I'd put it here anyway

Excellent.

Though Obama blacking up....... Different meaning up here. He is already hitched....

Ibrahim Sulayman Muhammad al-Rubaish, suspected Saudi terrorist and Al-Qaeda leader, killed in his 30s. Under 45 and wore a dress but I'm still posting here. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/ibrahim-sulayman-muhammad-alrubaish-religious-leader-of-alqaeda-in-the-arabian-peninsula-killed-in-yemen-drone-strike-10176603.html

• Like 1