I've been a person who lives in a paranoid world. I would call myself insane but when your fantasies are sharp and reality is twisted and the imagination meets the eye, you just can't help but laugh to yourself and ramble on.

Over zealous supermarket security guards. Every time I walk through the door of their establishment, the uniformed oaf (who no doubt failed in his application to become a policeman) in our local Co Op looks at me as if I am just about to commit a very serious offence.

Adults who read Harry Potter books.

What a f*cking joke they are.

Hear hear! Although I have to admit, I've never actually read one... so maybe they really are amazing. It's more of a principle I suppose.

Adults who read Harry Potter books.

What a f*cking joke they are.

That'll be me then and scsi and Bou ;) . I agree they are massively overrated and overhyped, in my defence I started reading them when the 2nd book came out, long before the media got their claws in, the first 3 were good, the rest just average. There are far better childrens books out there, like 'The Wind on the Moon' by Eric Linklater, 'The Tree That Sat Down' by Beverley Nichols (out of print, my copy is circa 1946) and 'The Land of Green Ginger' by Noel Langley and of course the very un pc books like 'Little Black Quasha'.

Having said that I have watched a couple of the Potter films when they appeared on network TV, they were OK and a damn sight better than that trilogy snooze fest, Lord of the Rings.

Ah! An excellent employment of the expression 'snooze fest', TF. I'm pleased.

May I also recommend working 'soporific' - my absolute favourite word - into a sentence every now and then, as did the TMS commentators this afternoon... it was most satisfactory. ;)

That RAC advert that uses You've Got a Friend. Not only is it a shite ad with a shite song, they add insult to injury by clipping out bits of the shite song, thereby sending it into some kind of bizarre time signature netherworld (12/7.56 perhaps?) just to suit their own nefarious 30-second purposes.

It's the little things in life that gets one down.

That RAC advert that uses You've Got a Friend. Not only is it a shite ad with a shite song, they add insult to injury by clipping out bits of the shite song, thereby sending it into some kind of bizarre time signature netherworld (12/7.56 perhaps?) just to suit their own nefarious 30-second purposes.

If we're getting into the realms of adverts then I nominate Picture Loans, the one with the patronising bloke with the football. I want to kill him. With something very sharp. To the genitals.

It's the AA's ad. Although I will nominate the RAC for sending a condescending w**ker to look at my car. The little verbal pat, "no luv sometimes new cars smell a bit", of petrol :rip: , I don't think so!!!!! Twat!

Probably the most insipid, gut wrenching, vomit inducing bag of fly encrusted faeces of an advertising campaign on the TV at the moment has to be from Kelloggs.

Quite why they believe an extremly false scenario of a Mother and Daughter sticking their earholes into a bowl of their crud to listen for the Pop..no the Crackle...no,no the Snap is going to reinforce their sales is beyond me. The Ad with Daddy and daughters making Maracas is probably worse :rip:

WTF do they think we are?

Dont they realise that we are a different animal to the Americans? That we are cynical, dont go in for schmaltz and all that hugging crap?

Everbody should boycott their shite. Just tell everbody that the cereals have got things in them that can cause gender changes in their kids.

Get onto the streets and spread the word.

Quite why they believe an extremly false scenario of a Mother and Daughter sticking their earholes into a bowl of their crud to listen for the Pop..no the Crackle...no,no the Snap is going to reinforce their sales is beyond me. The Ad with Daddy and daughters making Maracas is probably worse :rip:

Right the whole idea of commercials with loving families listening to cereal pop just make me sick. I hate the Coors Light commercials and the Kraft commercials and your right on with this one.

WTF do they think we are?

Dont they realise that we are a different animal to the Americans? That we are cynical, dont go in for schmaltz and all that hugging crap?

Your perspective is a little off sister - Sorry to break it to you. Just because the writers to food advertisement's present commercials that give a bad example does not mean they speak for the American nation. That's very ignorant thinking. Very ignorant.

Everbody should boycott their shite. Just tell everbody that the cereals have got things in them that can cause gender changes in their kids.

Get onto the streets and spread the word.

Hang up billboards. Tell the neighbors. Write a letter to the company saying my kid ate your cereal every morning and now he likes boys. Maybe you will get a lifetime supply. :pop:

Tell them my 87 year old mother was eating your frosted flakes every morning until she found a lump on her back. She trusted your products - Look what you f****n did. My mother watched your heart warming commercials with mother and daughter blowing bubbles and taking spoon fulls and now she is getting chemotherapy. f**k you. See you in court.

Hang up billboards. Tell the neighbors. Write a letter to the company saying my kid ate your cereal every morning and now he likes boys. Maybe you will get a lifetime supply. :rip:

Tell them my 87 year old mother was eating your frosted flakes every morning until she found a lump on her back. She trusted your products - Look what you f****n did. My mother watched your heart warming commercials with mother and daughter blowing bubbles and taking spoon fulls and now she is getting chemotherapy. f**k you. See you in court.

As workman one said to workman two in Scottish comedy 'Chewin' the Fat', "You've taken that too far".

Anyway, there is one radio advert that really bugs me. It only lasts about 30 seconds (if that) and in that time some man in an annoying voice shouts out the name of the company at least 8 times.

I've actually forgotten the name of the company. The only thing I can remember about their advert is that it is really annoying.

Another one that annoys me is a local authority advert on recycling. They got kids to do it and it annoys me that it is down to these snot nose little bastards to tell me how to recycle.

Speaking of radio, the local station made a balls up today. They take requests for songs and often attach a message to the song. Today a Mr. Jappy phoned in and requested the Beatles 'We can work it out' with the same message for some other guy. It was a hoax. Turns out that a few months ago the said Mr Jappy was stabbed by the second person mentioned in the request.

A somewhat esoteric hate here, but related to radio advertising / trailers. The hideous overuse of the 'Vintage '30s Radio' preset on pro-tools / cubase in adverts for emphasis. Once you've spotted it twice, it seems every other bloody advert or trailer uses it. Any danger of a little originality?

people calling the Atlantic Ocean "the pond."

Anyway, there is one radio advert that really bugs me. It only lasts about 30 seconds (if that) and in that time some man in an annoying voice shouts out the name of the company at least 8 times.

I've actually forgotten the name of the company. The only thing I can remember about their advert is that it is really annoying.

Don't tell me that they have Head On over there too...

people calling the Atlantic Ocean "the pond."

That's just unrealistic. That's like calling the Statue Of Liberty 'the statue' or calling Big Ben 'the clock' or even calling the Eiffel Tower 'the tower' it's a language used by lazy minded people who use lazy minded words.

While traditional graverobbing leeches such as the myriad Hendrixploitationeers do aggravate me, the Estate of Nick Drake winds me up even more with barrel scrapings like this (not to mention the VW adverts), after so long bleating in a holier-than-thou manner that his legacy would be treated with more respect than your average dead muso.

Ah, poor ol’ Big Hands, as if it isn’t enough to have 5,000 suicidal black-clad Italians smearing mascara over your headstone every year…

Ah, poor ol' Big Hands, as if it isn't enough to have 5,000 suicidal black-clad Italians smearing mascara over your headstone every year…

Chapeau, M. McScally.

"Such big ghostly hands...pass the Cabernat Sauvignon."

Celebrity baby name selections.

what's wrong with Susan?

What does this tell you about the ego of the couple.

Personally, I blame ITV for encouraging them.

what's wrong with Susan?

Nothing wrong with Susan - it's a very good name. Luckily my mother thought so too!

But Room 101 would be crammed to the door with people who shorten Susan to Sue without the owner's permission. ;)

what's wrong with Susan?

I may have mentioned this before, but at the nursery where LB the Youngest went, there was a little girl called Treacle. For f**k's sake.

I think Jermaine Jackson really took the biscuit when he called his son "Jermajesty"

There's a whole load of dreadful names here .

I only found them because my other half vaguely knew someone who not only named their offspring Hero Himalaya and Tybalt Tryfan, but also married a convicted armed robber and was suprised when he ran off with the au-pair. There's more to it, but libel laws and all that,

Anyways, that means at least one name on that site is definitely legit

Now I'm not one for advocating corporal punishment but in this case...