Guest David
Spending the day shivering in your office because the heating has packed in just when you're coming down with flu, no doubt it'll be worse tomorrow when the sneezing really kicks in :rolleyes:.

Believe me, if you have got the flu, you shouldn't be at work. Half the porters on our ward have got it because one of us - (no, not me) came to work when she had the flu. It shot round the ward.

Wise words Dave.

...even if 5 months too late!

Sorry, acute comp failure. And I'm just back from a holiday in Sydney.

Can we put Jim Beglin and David Pleat from ITV Sport in Room 101, please? There's not been a decent football pundit on that channel since they got rid of Ron Atkinson. Please, ITV Sport - brig Ron back as a pundit. He's a great guy - I met him in Majorca last year. The guy's a leg end.

People who ask to be sponsored for charity...where the sponsored event takes place in a foreign country.

For example - my cousin is currently looking for people to sponsor her walk...on the Great Wall of China.

So surely we would be sponsoring her holiday and not her charity?

People who ask to be sponsored for charity...where the sponsored event takes place in a foreign country.

For example - my cousin is currently looking for people to sponsor her walk...on the Great Wall of China.

So surely we would be sponsoring her holiday and not her charity?

I'm doing a charity walk in May - it's here in Dallas so you won't be paying my trip fees. You can donate if you want...I'm an equal opportunity begging whore for my chosen charities and I even accept "furrin" money. lol

Seriously, though, I'm not sure I'd be sponsoring someone walking in China, either.

Another good one around here is the Breast Cancer Three Day. In order to have the honor of walking 60 miles in three days for this thing, it will cost you $90 to register and a minimum individual fundraising total of $2300.

TalkTalk :angry: . My ISP was Tiscali, TalkTalk took them over in January and a fault appeared on my line and I had no internet access for 9 days. I assumed it was something to do with the transfer. They assured me that wasn't the case, told me it must be my router, sent me out a new router, it still didn't work and only got resolved when I attached an ADSL filter cable to the main phone socket and ran everything through that, not their advice either, I got that tip from a friend. I'm sure I posted about this before, in the weather thread I think as it happened in January when we had horrendous snow.

I thought no more about it until Wednesday, again we had extreme weather. Once again I lost my internet connection, as did a few of my friends, they were all reconnected within 24 hours but none of them are TalkTalk customers, naturally I wasn't reconnected. According to the numerous people I spoke to at Talk Talk's technical help centre there was a problem with the exchange and 'it will be fixed within 4 hours', 4 days later I still wasn't connected. I was told yesterday the exchange had been fixed and there must be a fault on my line, they would look into it and get back to me, they didn't. I phoned again today and the lady technician asked if I had a static green light on my router beside the word 'broadband', I did, she informed me that meant I had internet access and my router was simply 'out of sync', talked me through resetting it, took a whole 5 minutes and I was back online. It was only afterwards I realised that on my original call on Wednesday I had mentioned the broadband green static light was on (and it's been on the whole time), surely this means I've had a connection all along and it should simply have been a case of resetting the router?

It looks like every time I get bad weather some fault occurs at the exchange which throws my router out of sync, then I get days of being told nonsense by people reading from a script in a foreign call centre :wheelchair:. Needless to say I am switching ISP's as soon as possible and would advise anyone else thinking of using TalkTalk - Don't!

Pot Noodles. They smell so good when someone else is eating them, and taste so good when you nick one forkful of their noodly goodness, but when you have one of your own they're fucking horrible.

Clegg-mania.

There is no need for it.

Kerry Katona has been on TV - why don't we just make her the bloody Prime Minister...

Is anybody else having trouble with Facebook or is it just me?

I have trouble with Facebook. The trouble being twats from my past wanting to befriend me and don't take any notice when I hit the 'ignore' button. If I'd wanted to keep in touch with you, I would have, you sad bastards. Now fuck off.

I have trouble with Facebook. The trouble being twats from my past wanting to befriend me and don't take any notice when I hit the 'ignore' button. If I'd wanted to keep in touch with you, I would have, you sad bastards. Now fuck off.

Maybe you should reconsider your membership on a social networking website. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should reconsider your membership on a social networking website. :)

:rolleyes:

It's rubbish.

It's rubbish.

I'm all for wearing a skinny Tee under a shirt in winter. It's not that rubbish - more sensible.

It's rubbish.

Beautiful. Do you have anything on the Masons?

Looks like the Lib Dems need to be in here for a deception of the highest order. Looks like all us poor sods that voted Lib Dem because we didn't want to vote for the cuntservatives have probably effectively voted for the cunts. Bastards.

I want a referendum not on the alternative vote but the ability to elect our PM ourselves.

Gutted.

I couldn't give two flying fucks who's PM to be honest. I can pretty safely say my day-to-day life will not change whoever is PM - I will still work my bollocks off, pay a shit load of tax, wait three months for hospital appointments and my kids will still be taught absolutely fuck all in the way of common sense and life skills at school. All a bit of a mountain out of a molehill if you ask me.

I couldn't give two flying fucks who's PM to be honest. I can pretty safely say my day-to-day life will not change whoever is PM - I will still work my bollocks off, pay a shit load of tax, wait three months for hospital appointments and my kids will still be taught absolutely fuck all in the way of common sense and life skills at school. All a bit of a mountain out of a molehill if you ask me.

Fair point, all politicians being a crock of shit and all.

Anyway, looks like it didn't take them long to get back to their good old family values that they hold in high esteem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...g-adultery.html

Anyway, looks like it didn't take them long to get back to their good old family values that they hold in high esteem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...g-adultery.html

Ah, the old "Do as I say, not as I do" gambit. The technical term is hypocrisy, I seem to remember.

regards,

Hein

I don't remember him telling me not to shag any billionaire heiresses.

And if he had done I wouldn't have paid him the blindest bit of attention.

Ah, the old "Do as I say, not as I do" gambit. The technical term is hypocrisy, I seem to remember.
I don't remember him telling me not to shag any billionaire heiresses.

Neither do I, as I don't remember this man telling me anything.

And if he had done I wouldn't have paid him the blindest bit of attention.

Of course not. Not that I get to shag billionaire heiresses every day, but I wouldn't object to it.

Which reminds me of a moral lesson a colleague of mine once gave: don't shag your neighbour's wife. And don't shag your neighbour, if he's married.

regards,

Hein

Literary agents. You can't sell a novel without an agent and agents aren't taking on new people. That's Catch 22. Not that they'd take that on either if it had been written today. Bastards.

Literary agents. You can't sell a novel without an agent and agents aren't taking on new people. That's Catch 22. Not that they'd take that on either if it had been written today. Bastards.

Take some solace from this, Godot.

These are all the lucky (or persistent) buggers who got over the hurdle. It's no fun to be standing on the other side of the wall looking up. I'm reminded of W H Davies, the poet who hawked his poems from door to door then burned a load of them in despair. I bet there has been a lot of good stuff that has never seen the light of day.

These are all the lucky (or persistent) buggers who got over the hurdle. It's no fun to be standing on the other side of the wall looking up. I'm reminded of W H Davies, the poet who hawked his poems from door to door then burned a load of them in despair. I bet there has been a lot of good stuff that has never seen the light of day.

I think that's true for most things. Willie Nelson once said that he thought some of the best guitarists and musicians in the US were sitting around on back roads playing for the wildlife.

I know that while I was performing some of the best singers and songwriters I ever heard were in small clubs, not on the Billboard charts. I wish we'd had digital recording available for the masses back then - most of my cassette recordings of these people are beyond help.

How's about a few juicy excerpts, Godders old fruit? We're all literary critics here, you know.

I'm still cut up about how few people on god's green earth have yet to have the pleasure of hearing any of the Winterset oeuvre, but hey. :flame2:

How's about a few juicy excerpts, Godders old fruit? We're all literary critics here, you know.

I'm still cut up about how few people on god's green earth have yet to have the pleasure of hearing any of the Winterset oeuvre, but hey. :flame2:

How about a public reading to generate interest? Maybe just a chapter or two to whet the curiousity of a publisher or two, and cut out the pimp middleman? It's kind of ironic that you have to jump through hoops to find someone to take 25% of whatever profits you make.

And here's another vote for a few juicy excerpts.