I'm surprised it hasn't made an appearance here yet; surely I'm not the only one to hate the vuvuzela?

It's bad enough I've had to endure midnight and 4am kick offs, but to have to suffer the infernal vuvuzela in the wee hours is getting beyond a joke.

I can save you the bother of those early starts and annoying noises. GERMANY will win. You can relax now.

This must be true, I saw it on the Internet here.

Argentina had won the FIFA World Cup twice. First in 1978 and second in 1986. When these years are summed up gets 3964. And that is the magic figure!

In 1970 and 1994 Brazil won the cup and the sum of the years it is 3964.

In 1962 and 2002 Brazil were champions again. When summed up gets 3964! In 1974 and 1990 Germany won the FIFA World Cup. Just look at the sum. It is again 3964!

So this year ??? It will be 3964 – 2010 = 1954 , the winner of 1954. It is none other than Germany!

I'm surprised it hasn't made an appearance here yet; surely I'm not the only one to hate the vuvuzela?

It's bad enough I've had to endure midnight and 4am kick offs, but to have to suffer the infernal vuvuzela in the wee hours is getting beyond a joke.

I can save you the bother of those early starts and annoying noises. GERMANY will win. You can relax now.

This must be true, I saw it on the Internet here.

Argentina had won the FIFA World Cup twice. First in 1978 and second in 1986. When these years are summed up gets 3964. And that is the magic figure!

In 1970 and 1994 Brazil won the cup and the sum of the years it is 3964.

In 1962 and 2002 Brazil were champions again. When summed up gets 3964! In 1974 and 1990 Germany won the FIFA World Cup. Just look at the sum. It is again 3964!

So this year ??? It will be 3964 – 2010 = 1954 , the winner of 1954. It is none other than Germany!

Nice try, but hopefully FAIL! A similarly shite urban myth was bandied around emails in 1998 about the symmetry of world cup wins and we all know the outcome of that one don't we?

1966 ENGLAND

1970 BRAZIL

1974 WEST GERMANY

1978 ARGENTINA

1982 ITALY

1986 ARGENTINA

1990 WEST GERMANY

1994 BRAZIL

1998 ANGLETERRE

A wiseman welshman once said, Allez les Neds.

I'm not allowed to comment my friend's facebook anymore becuase some of my comments have upset his 'future mother-in-law'.

Prick.

I'm not allowed to comment my friend's facebook anymore becuase some of my comments have upset his 'future mother-in-law'.

Prick.

What a nob. If he's already being dictated to by her before they're even married, just think what a pussy he will be 10 years down the line. Ditch him Winds, you can do better than that!

Prick.

What a nob. If he's already being dictated to by her before they're even married, just think what a pussy he will be 10 years down the line. Ditch him Winds, you can do better than that!

I think he is one of those people who are terrified of being alone. He got engaged to this one after a month or two. He always rushes into things like this then I have to listen to his depressive rants when it all goes pear shaped.

Watch out - he could be the next Rauol Moat. :banghead:

My boss.

C# programming.....

<RANT>

I wrote our company Intranet using notepad and a lot of trial and error with HTML and ASP. It has been a great success but I sweated blood over it (as I not a programmer).

I always likened code to Shakespeare; I can read Shakespeare, I can understand Shakespeare but I'm buggered if I can write like Shakespeare. Now it has been decided that asp is old hat and a little dated (which it is) and it needs redoing in C#.

I just don't understand it. I cannot get the SQL connections to work with any consistency, sometimes my code returns data, sometimes on another page with identical code it doesn't.... I am tearing my hair out and am seriously considering a career change. IT and technology are leaving me behind.

That Shelf Stacking job at the local supermarket is becoming very attractive.....

</RANT>

C# programming.....

<RANT>...</RANT>

Forget C#, C's where it's at. The original and the best. ;-)

You young kids of today don't know you're born...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I am mightily pissed off this evening.

I just popped round to a 'friends' house with his birthday card. He is having a PARTY which I was not invited to. He did, however, choose to invite my ultimate enemies. I know this because their car was at the door, and I could hear the arrogant fucker's voice. I'm now told that invites were posted out.

WHERE'S MY FUCKING INVITATION?

He better have at least a hint of blushing in his cheeks when he discovers my card in his letter box - when he realises that I was at his front door while HE was in his back garden partying with my enemies.

I WANT MY £2 FUCKING 90 BACK THAT I SPENT ON HIS CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND YES - I AM AWARE THAT I'M ACTING LIKE A FUCKING CHILD AGAIN!

I just popped round to a 'friends' house with his birthday card. He is having a PARTY which I was not invited to. He did, however, choose to invite my ultimate enemies. I know this because their car was at the door, and I could hear the arrogant fucker's voice. I'm now told that invites were posted out.

He better have at least a hint of blushing in his cheeks when he discovers my card in his letter box - when he realises that I was at his front door while HE was in his back garden partying with my enemies.

Who are these enemies? And why are they so?

These enemies are the bandmaster and his family who went to extreme lengths to remove me from a band I had been in for 12/13 years. The band is part of a christian organisation (which in itself is part of the reason why my removal was sought).

First the bandmaster told me not to comeback, which I ignored. Then there was a meeting in which I was asked to take leave until after an important competition past on the promise that I would get back. He broke this promise and told me after the period I still wasn't welcome. I then wrote him a letter telling him that I would be returning. In response to this, he held a meeting with HIS band (which I was not present at) whereby he told them that if they allowed me to come back he was going to leave, as was his father, and he hinted the tutor would leave too. So they all betrayed me - and chose him. Then I stirred up as much trouble as I could by making this public, whch included going to a minister who i was not entirely fond of. In the end, they overturned the bandmasters decision and I was supposed to be returning in September.

I wrote him a letter at thhe beginning of the week saying that I would not be returning to his band. At least this way I walked instead of being pushed.

The guy whose party it is is basically now the number 2 in this band since I was 'deposed' by email after 12 years service in a one line email on the 28th December 2009.

And my crimes?

1) My support for homosexual ministers in the church of Scotland, and my personal boycott of the local minister's events. (Which I had suspended by the time I was given the boot on the 28th Dec).

2) For attempting to stop the bandmaster's 'favourite' from leaving the band without telling the bandmaster.

3) For public arguing with the bandmaster's father in a meeting in which I was discussing the above no 2. (This happened on the evening of the 27th, but the bandmaster claims he didn't know about it until after he sacked me - even though he still lives in the same house as his father).

4) He is also upset with me for calling him an 'asshole' on facebook when he 'saked' me the second time around.

5) For intervening when the bandmaster and his father were practically bullying a member of the organization staff. This one is perhaps the most important.

Its probably my own fault for being in a Christian Organization when I don't believe in God. :) Then again, I didn't ask to be baptized and I didn't ask to be enroled in the organization when I was 5. :P

These enemies are the bandmaster and his family who went to extreme lengths to remove me from a band I had been in for 12/13 years. The band is part of a christian organisation (which in itself is part of the reason why my removal was sought).

First the bandmaster told me not to comeback, which I ignored. Then there was a meeting in which I was asked to take leave until after an important competition past on the promise that I would get back. He broke this promise and told me after the period I still wasn't welcome. I then wrote him a letter telling him that I would be returning. In response to this, he held a meeting with HIS band (which I was not present at) whereby he told them that if they allowed me to come back he was going to leave, as was his father, and he hinted the tutor would leave too. So they all betrayed me - and chose him. Then I stirred up as much trouble as I could by making this public, whch included going to a minister who i was not entirely fond of. In the end, they overturned the bandmasters decision and I was supposed to be returning in September.

I wrote him a letter at thhe beginning of the week saying that I would not be returning to his band. At least this way I walked instead of being pushed.

The guy whose party it is is basically now the number 2 in this band since I was 'deposed' by email after 12 years service in a one line email on the 28th December 2009.

And my crimes?

1) My support for homosexual ministers in the church of Scotland, and my personal boycott of the local minister's events. (Which I had suspended by the time I was given the boot on the 28th Dec).

2) For attempting to stop the bandmaster's 'favourite' from leaving the band without telling the bandmaster.

3) For public arguing with the bandmaster's father in a meeting in which I was discussing the above no 2. (This happened on the evening of the 27th, but the bandmaster claims he didn't know about it until after he sacked me - even though he still lives in the same house as his father).

4) He is also upset with me for calling him an 'asshole' on facebook when he 'saked' me the second time around.

5) For intervening when the bandmaster and his father were practically bullying a member of the organization staff. This one is perhaps the most important.

Its probably my own fault for being in a Christian Organization when I don't believe in God. :) Then again, I didn't ask to be baptized and I didn't ask to be enroled in the organization when I was 5. :P

All very well Windsor, but what, exactly, do you want consigned to room 101?

The 'Village Street Party".

This is an annual event which takes place on my doorstep.

It started off as a (fairly) low-key event some years ago, as an addendum to the annual Pride parade.

Now its just an excuse for a 48 (or 60, I've lost count) hour party (read 'debauch') by all and sundry, which turns the neighbourhood into a no-go shithole for the duration.

And my crimes?

All very well Windsor, but what, exactly, do you want consigned to room 101?

Perhaps I should consign myself to room 101. I think I might be the problem. :P

The problem is not your disbelief, although that may have made it worse if it was a Well-known Fact.

The problem is that you were a 'member' of a band that's not an association with bylaws and regulations. Proper associations have rules for booting members, like a hearing in which all members have a vote. Such a meeting can still be ugly, but at least reasons for excluding a member must be given.

You joined at 5, so that's hardy your fault, but that doesn't make the events any more palatable.

regards,

Hein

Expensive birthday cards definitely ought to be in here. £2.90? That's more than I'd spend on a present.

There are a few gaps in this story. They were in the back garden: were they wearing their raincoats? Did the band play at the party? I assume this was either the Boys Brigade (dodgy) or the Salvation Army band. Are you sure you weren't kicked out for being a crap player? Or were you not quite crap enough? Defending gay bishops hardly seems crime of the century, particularly since I assume there wasn't one in the band. Belief in God shouldn't matter much either. It's not too important in the Church of England or among the left footers for that matter. But the price of the birthday card seems unforgivable. This card: did it play Flower of Scotland or something? Was it an original artwork by Monet? Did it do a little dance on mechanical legs? If I spent that on a card it would need to be attached to a very long elastic band with a wash-off reusable surface. Shocking.

Windy - if you don't get a card from him on the 28th July next year then you know where you stand with this person!

There are a few gaps in this story. They were in the back garden: were they wearing their raincoats? Did the band play at the party? I assume this was either the Boys Brigade (dodgy) or the Salvation Army band. Are you sure you weren't kicked out for being a crap player? Or were you not quite crap enough? Defending gay bishops hardly seems crime of the century, particularly since I assume there wasn't one in the band. Belief in God shouldn't matter much either. It's not too important in the Church of England or among the left footers for that matter. But the price of the birthday card seems unforgivable. This card: did it play Flower of Scotland or something? Was it an original artwork by Monet? Did it do a little dance on mechanical legs? If I spent that on a card it would need to be attached to a very long elastic band with a wash-off reusable surface. Shocking.

I'm afriad its the dodgy variety of band. :P I started playing in it in 1997, and by the time I was sacked I held the title 'Depute Bandmaster'. I am an officer these days you see.

I was very friendly with the family who run the band and company, but we fell out immediately after I supported the officer they were being nasty to (instead of supporting them). That was when they began to change their attitude towards me. (Started off by the mother who after this event chose not to speak to me, my family, the officer who her husband and son were being nasty to, or indeed the husband of the officer who her husband and son were being nasty to :P).

I will admit that I'm not the best player, but this has never been stated as a reason for getting rid of me (unless you include his statement that I was 'no longer needed'). He claims he can't trust me after my attempts to get certain band members to pull out of a certain event. This occured in mid August 2009 - he spoke to me fine until our falling out in October - he never told me to leave the band until the day after I had an argument with his father in December 2009.

The band was not at the party no, but I know that some older members were also invited to the party (invitations were sent out). With regards to the card - it was a handmade one (not by me).

With regards to the party now - I've calmed down a bit. Its not a big deal. Having thought about it, he probably didn't want a brawl in his back garden so could only invite one side of the feud. He knows I don't often accept invitations, so he chose them. That is the official theory anyway...

I'm afriad its the dodgy variety of band. :P I started playing in it in 1997, and by the time I was sacked I held the title 'Depute Bandmaster'. I am an officer these days you see.

I was very friendly with the family who run the band and company, but we fell out immediately after I supported the officer they were being nasty to (instead of supporting them). That was when they began to change their attitude towards me. (Started off by the mother who after this event chose not to speak to me, my family, the officer who her husband and son were being nasty to, or indeed the husband of the officer who her husband and son were being nasty to :P).

I will admit that I'm not the best player, but this has never been stated as a reason for getting rid of me (unless you include his statement that I was 'no longer needed'). He claims he can't trust me after my attempts to get certain band members to pull out of a certain event. This occured in mid August 2009 - he spoke to me fine until our falling out in October - he never told me to leave the band until the day after I had an argument with his father in December 2009.

The band was not at the party no, but I know that some older members were also invited to the party (invitations were sent out). With regards to the card - it was a handmade one (not by me).

With regards to the party now - I've calmed down a bit. Its not a big deal. Having thought about it, he probably didn't want a brawl in his back garden so could only invite one side of the feud. He knows I don't often accept invitations, so he chose them. That is the official theory anyway...

It's a scandal. You could go to the Fraserburgh Herald with this. Headline: Band officer snubbed in gay bishop row.

You'd got him a handmade card, dammit, not some Hallmark shite.. Mind you £2.90 is still a bit steep for handmade unless it played the Marseillaise or something.

It's a scandal. You could go to the Fraserburgh Herald with this. Headline: Band officer snubbed in gay bishop row.

You'd got him a handmade card, dammit, not some Hallmark shite.. Mind you £2.90 is still a bit steep for handmade unless it played the Marseillaise or something.

I'm not bothered anymore. I've just this minute heard that one of his best players is off to Falkirk to further their studies... :P

I'm not bothered anymore. I've just this minute heard that one of his best players is off to Falkirk to further their studies... :P

Holy fuck!!

How did I miss this one?

Im only suprised that Winny hasnt left a Horses head in the miscreant(s) bed!

Id certainly be thinking about smearing doggy poo under the door handles of their cars.

Not only is it not visible at the point of contact but, if daubed generously, will have it, not only over the fingers and hands but under the fingernails too. :P

Utterly childish, I concede, but, hey, nowt wrong in throwing your rattles out of the pram from time to time.

It does appear that, in your quiet little corner of Scotland, its all happening!!! :P

It does appear that, in your quiet little corner of Scotland, its all happening!!! :P
Not as quiet as it will be when he gets tired of it and leaves. :P ........

Citizen #1: It sure is quiet around here.

Citizen #2: Aye.

*crickets*

Citizen #1: What was that fella's name, you know, that fella with the opinions?

Citizen#2: Um. Windsor.

Citizen#1: Right, right, Windsor.

Citizen#2: It sure is quiet around here. I wish something would happen.

*crickets*

BTW, was this the same, uh, friend who doesn't want you to post on his facebook wall because his mother-in-law reads it?

BTW, was this the same, uh, friend who doesn't want you to post on his facebook wall because his mother-in-law reads it?

No thats a different friend. He tells me that I've offended her twice. The first time (which I spoke of before) was a misunderstanding. The second time I was joking with my friend about people from Ellon. The would-be mother-in-law is from Ellon...

I think I'm off the wedding guest list already, and its not due to take place until 2012. :P

No thats a different friend. He tells me that I've offended her twice. The first time (which I spoke of before) was a misunderstanding. The second time I was joking with my friend about people from Ellon. The would-be mother-in-law is from Ellon...

I think I'm off the wedding guest list already, and its not due to take place until 2012. :P

A good while ago I went on recommendation to a newly opened curry house in Ellon.

For some reason I still remember the waiter's reply to my inquiry as to the availability of dessert:

"Gulab FIT??"

They're not that cultured out there.