Banshees Scream

Rebecca De Winter

Banshees, if ie+ is complaining about you, it's more than likely you did something foolish to upset her, and haven't seen the need to apologise yet.

There's no smoke without a fire you know.

False. And that's in plain english.

And by the way, why is it that you can't write a post which doesn't force the reader to read it three times, then wander off scratching their heads thinking: "What the f**k was that all about?"?

Back Down. Your question goes alot of ways here. If your talking about speaking more clearly, that I could attempt. I understand that ocationally my posts are all over the place.

Of course I know better.

Of course. Don't worry about it.

What is the source of this fascination with Royce Galaxy?

That'd be me, I am the source.

I found it very odd indeed that what would seem to be a ridiculous thread started by a drive by lunatic (lunatic because ranters rant and spammers spam, this thread is neither but it is an excellent example the 'Golden Age' of the DL judging by the replies from STTG, HCW and your Tuberoid self), was resurrected 15 months later for a purpose or purposes unknown.

Reading the RoyceGalaxy post I was struck by many similarities between the esteemed guest and our own self-proclaimed 'Deathlist Village Psychic', whose powers to predict death were yet to be revealed.

The style of the prose could well be described as mystical, or somewhat less charitably, crapulent. Either way, as I've said before, the internet's a big place and I'm amazed that we've been visited by two poets of such singular ability.

As with most of Banshees' early posts the lines of text end at an odd position. It brings to mind someone hitting the enter key as one would have done at the end of a line on a manual typewriter. Again, the odds of two people with this peculiar modus operandi visiting the same site, in the same time zone, are either very, very small.

Did Royce ever actually post anything of note?

No. Just some "impenetrable pseudo-cabalistic blither ".

PS: I think this thread may be up for deletion soon.

Good idea. Can we have IYG back please?

Oh yes, nearly forgot. Why does it bug me so? I don't believe one should behave any differently on the interweb than one does in (ugh) 'The Real World'. You can be as mad as a cut snake as far as I'm concerned as long as you're honest about it. It would seem to me that this case falls outside of those very simple parameters.

Edited by Gunjaman5000

As with most of Banshees' early posts the lines of text end at an odd position. It brings to mind someone hitting the enter key as one would have done at the end of a line on a manual typewriter. Again, the odds of two people with this peculiar modus operandi visiting the same site, in the same time zone, are either very, very small.

Gunjaman, for the first time talking you send a chill down my back. I don't recall using a type writer much, but it is true that in the early days my posts had a strange verse looking appearence to them, why I couldn't tell you. I must have been hitting the (Enter) button early. When I first came to Deathlist I was also on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and i've talked about my near death expirience a day or so before I joined.

I never looked into Royce Galaxy much, and I support your comparison. But I don't think I have ever been that unclear, in fact the first time I ever read that post 'I still remember calling him an asshole because he made absolutely no sense. I first came here sometime in mid 2003, and started viewing the front page in early 2004. I think it's just a breeze of luck, a weird coincidence or he could have been foretelling the future as i've explained earlier. Either way it is a mystery.

PS: I think this thread may be up for deletion soon.

It's up to you. If Lady Clarissa Richmond is gone with the wind, shouldn't her thread follow?

Then you start posting "private" conversations here and claim credit for driving her off "for our mutual benefit." How magnanimous of you sir.
And your talking out of your ass. It certainly didn't happen that way, mark my words in blood.

You were all supposed to shake your heads and be so glad that she was gone, but instead not believing in the facts and not believing in me.

Which seems to actually agree with what Honez is saying, if my translation is accurate.
I hold no personal grudges, but if you can't believe in me, well then f**k you.
I believe in you, I just don't believe you, as and when I can decipher your posts.

I'll consider myself f*cked then. Hopefully in a gentle way with some nice music & soft lighting.

BS, you might do well to wonder why people (or me at least) don't seem to believe you. If you re-read the evidence (all of which you posted yourself I might add) you might see some clues. I think if the first post I'd ever read on this site was your annoucement of 'getting rid of' RDW I'd still have been suspicious that it made no sense and some tampering had occurred. And a quick view of no more than a random half dozen of your & RDW's posts would quickly lead me to the same conclusion I've come to now.

Obviously, I've no special ability in deducing 'what people really mean' from the subtle grammatical undertones or nuances of posting styles, but with your unique style I don't need it. You make bricks look subtle.

Could we just lock the thread rather than delete it, if the thread is to be moderated?

Edited to remove content; I suffer from Inverse Vertigo; I get dizzy when my posts appear at the bottom of a page.

Edited to say; Thanks, Real Madron, for replying within seconds of my post, thus negating my need to remove the content. Turns out you got the page-bottom instead.

Could we just lock the thread rather than delete it, if the thread is to be moderated?

How about the Mods keep their hands off pointless, shitty threads like this and actually Moderate the threads that matter, like the Patrick Moore thread, for example?

This thread should be kept WIDE open for you all to play in. The more threads we keep open in the Extra-Curricular forum, the better; it means there's slightly less chance you'll all be f*****g around in the threads that count. Or is that too much to hope for?

No offence intended to anyone in particular, of course. Oh, ok then, offence intended. And shut up, Windsor, before you pipe up... :(

Hi Star Crossed! Long time no post!

How about the Mods keep their hands off pointless, shitty threads like this and actually Moderate the threads that matter, like the Patrick Moore thread, for example?

This thread should be kept WIDE open for you all to play in. The more threads we keep open in the Extra-Curricular forum, the better; it means there's slightly less chance you'll all be f*****g around in the threads that count. Or is that too much to hope for?

No offence intended to anyone in particular, of course. Oh, ok then, offence intended. And shut up, Windsor, before you pipe up... :(

w**ker.

Hi Star Crossed! Long time no post!

Keep it open so future newbies will understand what the argument is about as I am rapidly gathering previous discussions seem to resurface on a regular basis. If it is deleted the offending parties will be able to cover their tracks so to speak.

BTW I am too new to understand all the ins and outs and will keep my opinions to myself and not pass judgement one way or t'other, so please, no-one take offence!

Now off to the Patrick Moore thread to discuss the weather...

Edited to remove content; I suffer from Inverse Vertigo; I get dizzy when my posts appear at the bottom of a page.

Edited to say; Thanks, Real Madron, for replying within seconds of my post, thus negating my need to remove the content. Turns out you got the page-bottom instead.

Star Crossed, if you go to My Controls - Options - Board Settings, you'll find that you can choose the number of posts to appear in each page. The range is 5 - 40. The forum default seems to be 15.

I hope this helps you manage your Inverse Vertigo!

so if i post HERE - i should be bottom..

and i post HERE - i should be top..

(am i going off topic?)

so if i post HERE - i should be bottom..

and i post HERE - i should be top..

(am i going off topic?)

Yes, but this is one of those threads where doing so is a positive contribution. :banghead:

I may return here if I can't find a suitable place to discuss death-related issues at the Academy Awards.