Saint Peter

Death List Convention

Well I had an excellent time and though that everybody present contributed with steadily increasing lucidity and articulateness as the event progressed.

I was particularly pleased to meet those I'd never met before, only a little disappointed that more people didn't attend. I expect it was the weather putting people off.

So who has Anubis' ****** now? Is it on a world tour like the garden gnome in Amelie?

The Magnificent Seven who attended were:

Maryport (Cumbria)

Lady Grendel (Kelso)

Rotten Ali (Nottingham)

NAP (Germany)

LFN (Norfolk)

Lard Bazaar (Wiltshire)

Me (about 5 miles away)

Shame on the rest of youse. :lol:

Given that I was not informed on where this convention/piss up was meeting, it was impossible for me to attend.

It must be said though, that I probably would not have gone anyway.

Windsor - don't be an arse

I was particularly pleased to meet those I'd never met before, only a little disappointed that more people didn't attend. I expect it was the weather putting people off.

And the fact that some didn't know where this 'convention' was being held.

I'm telling you - this forum would be nothing without me. It would have been dead in the ground...etc...etc. :lol:

I really hoped to make it but a slight disaster -- involving an unfortunate combination of girlfriend issues, alcohol and transporting a piano across London -- made it impossible. A real shame [for me, if not for those present], as I'd been very much looking forward to it.

I'm glad, though, that it was a merry bash, despite the lowish number of people who managed to attend, and look forward to the next opportunity.

If there were a DLCON III, despite the distance for some, London is probably logical. But I found a couple of interesting pubs if we ever went elsewhere. Old Scarlett in Peterborough is a pub named after a gravedigger and in Hempsted in Kent there is a pub called.....The Flying Saucer. Then again, we could always do a summer meet in a cemetary with bottles of cider.

Apologies for absence and all that. A combination of Mrs A having found some rare paid work in her chosen profession, and procreating several years ago.

Aye me too. Had thought about going fully intended to go but couldn't get off my arse, be bothered, get my act together find the time since Mrs Godot wanted me home for one of the Godette's birthdays.

This is a feeble excuse as it wouldn't have stopped me getting down for an hour (except that it wouldn't have been an hour) but I have run out of dying parents, broken down cars, lost dogs and new baby excuses so I'm afraid this one will have to do. It's shameful, I know, will try to do better next time.

If there were a DLCON III, despite the distance for some, London is probably logical. But I found a couple of interesting pubs if we ever went elsewhere. Old Scarlett in Peterborough is a pub named after a gravedigger and in Hempsted in Kent there is a pub called.....The Flying Saucer. Then again, we could always do a summer meet in a cemetary with bottles of cider.

I pass said flying saucer pub most days on my way to work

I've laid eyes on the pub once myself, made a detour from the M2 on my way to Canterbury specially. Never went in mind, have you?

I'll introduce this post with exploiting the fact that the long anticipated spectacle of which will consist of the morbid gods who make this subject worth while - will be held at some rendezvous on this very earth in a matter of hours.

Now, to kick this off, "I wasn't invited". I can only assume that one might be occupied with viewing that result as a complete outrage. The next person on the other hand might be doing the lottery dance. Either way, let's face it, if I actually attended there would only be about four people in the place. A bartender, two waitresses, and some asshole in a green T-shirt. Generally, I would envision a hot dinner date with more of a rebellious diva. (If you want me to be upfront, I actually didn't expect him to invite me) even as it's not "if I would have went" but it's "the principal."

Because after all .. if it weren't for me, this website would have been shut down a long time ago. (Probably not, but it wouldn't be as cool) and some of you can be in denial about that. (In the end, we all make it great)

Since I'm such a sage at heart .. let me enlighten all of you children with a reminder "He who knows his limits will own a full experience"

Enjoy. (And I'm dead serious)

Firstly, to those that went, thank you. I got utterly slaughtered. :lol:

I was going to reply to the above post, however, I truly cannot be bothered to reply to a cretin.

Lets just say that nobody was given a gold embossed invite, it was made absolutely clear (on this very thread) that if I had missed out anybody they were more than welcome to PM me and I would have furnished them with all the relevent details with the greatest of pleasure.

Those that didnt bother to ask will have no reason to take offence.

Banshees, you W**ker.

Where will the Grand Convention of 2008 be meeting?

What about those of us who did bother to ask?

You're being a tad disingenuous, since you've made it pretty clear you wouldn't have attended even if it had been held in your own house. Have you ever ventured beyond Scotland's wall(s), by the way?

Anyway, feel free to take offence even though none is intended.

Personally, I love the Flying Saucer name but there is a Dead Poets Inn in Derbyshire.

You're being a tad disingenuous, since you've made it pretty clear you wouldn't have attended even if it had been held in your own house. Have you ever ventured beyond Scotland's wall(s), by the way?

I'm just pointing out that I did ask where this meetingwas taking place, to which no answer was given.

Thus I possibly have the best excuse for not being there.

(By the way - I have left Scotland on about 4 occassions that I can remember. So yes.)

I'm just pointing out that I did ask where this meetingwas taking place, to which no answer was given.

Thus I possibly have the best excuse for not being there.

(By the way - I have left Scotland on about 4 occassions that I can remember. So yes.)

Windsor, my lovely, stop being an arse. LFN said whoever wants to come, PM him and he will tell you the whereabouts - did you PM him? Or did you expect him to PM every single member? Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed you weren't there - I would have very much enjoyed debating the declining moral fibre of Fraserburgh women with you. Have you had the pleasure of my mum yet?

Windsor, my lovely, stop being an arse. LFN said whoever wants to come, PM him and he will tell you the whereabouts - did you PM him? Or did you expect him to PM every single member? Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed you weren't there - I would have very much enjoyed debating the declining moral fibre of Fraserburgh women with you. Have you had the pleasure of my mum yet?

I did not PM him. I did, however, leave a message on the forum asking where this meeting was taking place to which no answer was given.

As far as I'm aware I have not yet met your mother. It is not impossible though. Does she like playing shitty dance music on her mobile phone whilst travelling by Stagecoach bus?

I'm not sure there are high profile lawyers lined up to protect the DLCON brand, so you could always - like - name a date, time and pub round your way. and see who turns up.

I mean, it'd be a gas to travel by stagecoach bus to Fraserburgh and listen to the tinny dance music on the mobile phones as we did.

I did not PM him. I did, however, leave a message on the forum asking where this meeting was taking place to which no answer was given.

As far as I'm aware I have not yet met your mother. It is not impossible though. Does she like playing shitty dance music on her mobile phone whilst travelling by Stagecoach bus?

Yes but my point being, LFN may easily have missed a post on the board, but would not have missed a PM, being as they pop up in your face whenever you log on.

The only thing my mum likes doing is shagging and being a bag lady - I'm sure she would be happy to play shitty dance music on a mobile phone on a Stagecoach bus if it would increase her chances of ending up on her back with her large pants round her ankles. Say hi from me.

Winny, Id expect that kind of horseshit from BS, not you.

You should know by now that NO details are ever given in the thread. There was Bob Hope and no hopes chance of that request being answered.

If you could be bothered to post you could have PMd me.

You should know by now that NO details are ever given in the thread. There was Bob Hope and no hopes chance of that request being answered.

Look, the fact is that I (a long standing forum member) made a post on the forum whilst signed in. To be quite honest I didn't read the thread because I knew the information regarding WHERE the convention was meeting - what I wanted to find out - would not be posted. Thus I posted on the forum thinking that the relevant party, whoever it may have been, would have got my message. If you didn't see my post, then I apologise for causing such a fuss.

As you have pointed out - I wouldn't have gone anyway. I was just interested to where this meeting was taking place.

If I had known that the security was so tight, and the regulations so unflexible then perhaps I would have sent a bloody PM.

Look, the fact is that I (a long standing forum member) made a post on the forum whilst signed in. To be quite honest I didn't read the thread because I knew the information regarding WHERE the convention was meeting - what I wanted to find out - would not be posted. Thus I posted on the forum thinking that the relevant party, whoever it may have been, would have got my message. If you didn't see my post, then I apologise for causing such a fuss.

As you have pointed out - I wouldn't have gone anyway. I was just interested to where this meeting was taking place.

If I had known that the security was so tight, and the regulations so unflexible then perhaps I would have sent a bloody PM.

Well, it was at the ******** in ******** ***** * ****. The next one, which will be held in *****ber, will be at the **** ******* in **** ****. OK? See you there.

Well, it was at the ******** in ******** ***** * ****. The next one, which will be held in *****ber, will be at the **** ******* in **** ****. OK? See you there.

Well, I suppose that'll do. It is more information than I got for this years meeting...

Well, I suppose that'll do. It is more information than I got for this years meeting...

Oh for f**k's sake Windsor, stop moaning now - he obviously didn't see your post - and why should he, he spends all his time here arguing with Banshees! And you wouldn't have come anyway. And if you had you would have spent the whole afternoon moaning at the price of a pint. I seem to recall buying one pint of Fosters and a large white wine and it coming to nearly eight f*****g quid! That would have swallowed up your student grant pretty damn quickly.

Oh for f**k's sake Windsor, stop moaning now - he obviously didn't see your post - and why should he, he spends all his time here arguing with Banshees! And you wouldn't have come anyway. And if you had you would have spent the whole afternoon moaning at the price of a pint. I seem to recall buying one pint of Fosters and a large white wine and it coming to nearly eight f*****g quid! That would have swallowed up your student grant pretty damn quickly.

Its ok Lardy. Being a Scottish student I would simply have demanded an advance on my 'income'. LFN pays for me don't you know?

I seem to recall buying one pint of Fosters and a large white wine and it coming to nearly eight f*****g quid!

Egads! Eight quid for a pint and a legopener. That's unbelievable.