Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Guest Guest
That's turning out to have been a dangerous movie. I believe he is the second member of the cast to die. One of the other people killed himself I think.

Yes Justin Pierce died in July 2000, he hung himself

That's turning out to have been a dangerous movie. I believe he is the second member of the cast to die. One of the other people killed himself I think.

Yes Justin Pierce died in July 2000, he hung himself

Sajan Bhagat who played "Paul" in the movie, died in 1999

actor Andreas Katsulas has died at 59.He was in Star Trek and Babylon 5

his official website has the news here

What kind of deathlist site to you guys think you're running if didn't even add Katsulas to your list. His deadly cancer was a well-known news for the whole year 2005! :lol:

The kind where we try to predict which celebrities will die over the course of the next year. We have room for only 50 people. We give ourselves a pat on the back when we get one right and sometimes we kick ourselves when we miss one. There have been a few times when I've said to myself when people have died this year, "I forgot they were still alive" , "bollocks!! I forgot they were ill" or "sh*t! I wish I hadn't dropped them in favour of...."

This is the reason why we have the "Near Misses" thread, so we can discuss those that could have made it onto the list at some point. and also some of the more obscure ones that have died. I would never have guessed Andreas Katsulas in a million years, but since seeing a photo of him in his role in Babylon 5 I recognise him but wouldn't have been able to think of his character name or unless someone told me, the name of the actor.

The 50 people that are on the deathlist are ones that we feel confident will die this year. Whether or not we want to see them die, is another matter. However there is room for 50 people. try playing a game where you have to just choose 10 celebrities. It's not easy is it? there are so many possibilities and you have to choose carefully.

Guest Guest
In other news, gangster actor (Godfather, Oz) Richard Bright died. He was hit by a bus. It would probably be worse to be trampled by elephants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Bright_%28actor%29

Dragged to his death by the bus apparentely.Pretty horrific stuff by all accounts

In other news, gangster actor (Godfather, Oz) Richard Bright died. He was hit by a bus. It would probably be worse to be trampled by elephants.

Dragged to his death by the bus apparentely.Pretty horrific stuff by all accounts

Bummer

And it was a tour bus,imagine their holiday snaps.

Bummer

Get your camaras ready...Ladies and Gentleman, under the bus you'll see the remains of the man that shot Fredo.

"oh, honey, do you think he'll give us an autograph?!?"

Billy Cowsill

Dead at 58. Following on from the death of his brother Barry, who was Katrinad in September.

Bummer

Get your camaras ready...Ladies and Gentleman, under the bus you'll see the remains of the man that shot Fredo.

Dont be stupid - we could sell the DNA on e bay!

Bummer

Dont be stupid - we could sell the DNA on e bay!

Save the gall bladder for sale as an aphrodisiac in Indonesia.

Broadcaster Curt Gowdy at age 86 of lymphoma.

Although he was doubtful for a UK obit, I was still surprised when I checked DDP & found he wasn't chosen this year. DDP was the only way I'd ever heard of him.

firefighter Don Herbert has died moinths after waking from a 10 year coma

and one of Singapores founding fathers Sinnathamby Rajaratnam has died at 90

iain, Taking obscurity to a whole new level.

They were both listed on Wikipedia :D

A kinda personal one here -

I used to live & work in Crete & they love their legends. Mostly ancient Greek legends, like Zeus but they are proud of how they fought against the Germans in WW2. They delighted in any victory, even as small as Max Schmeling breaking his leg when parachute jumping because of the morale it had on the Germans.

Perhaps the most famous of these was George Psychoundakis who wrote the book "The Cretan Runner" along with (now Sir) Patrick Leigh Fermor.

Maybe not a household name, but his book was an excellent tale of real-life war & I'm very sorry to see him go, although one had been part expecting it.

:D

Somewhat surprised to hear of film star Osa Maasen's death. Not in itself, she was 90, after all, but that she died on January 2nd & it wasn't more publicised - in her day she was relatively famous in her field.

Osa Massen

Guest iain

One of the Arab worlds only female tv reporters Atwar Bahjat has been shot dead in Iraq aged 26

and the former tory MP and Cardiff FC chairman Stefan Terlezki has died at 78