Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Alida Valli, italian actress, co-star of "The Third Man" and Hitchcock's "The Paradine Case".

Has died aged 84.

I hadn't realised she was still alive! She won't be able to take that long walk out of the cemetery now! I am amazed and intrigued by the following quote from her IMDB bio:

"Her husband composed "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth""

Can this be confirmed?!!!

(So far all I am getting is that this was composed by "Don Gardner", not the said "Oscar De Mejo". Possibly the latter (who was a "jazz musician") composed the tune?)

Apparently, she was involved in a scandal which damaged her career. All interesting stuff!

Guest Guest

Alida Valli, italian actress, co-star of "The Third Man" and Hitchcock's "The Paradine Case".

Has died aged 84.

I hadn't realised she was still alive! She won't be able to take that long walk out of the cemetery now! I am amazed and intrigued by the following quote from her IMDB bio:

"Her husband composed "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth""

Can this be confirmed?!!!

(So far all I am getting is that this was composed by "Don Gardner", not the said "Oscar De Mejo". Possibly the latter (who was a "jazz musician") composed the tune?)

Apparently, she was involved in a scandal which damaged her career. All interesting stuff!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4935322.stm

Football's year of woe continues, ex England player, and Everton legend, Brian Labone has died, aged 66. :D;)

Link

eve_107_brian_labone.jpg

I remember him well! I found the above pic on this fascinating site of football cards: http://cards.littleoak.com.au/ which I'm sure others will find interesting - look out for a great pic of a young pre-jowl Harry Redknapp!

Football's year of woe continues, ex England player, and Everton legend, Brian Labone has died, aged 66. :D;)

Link

And the show on which I imagine he featured more than once, Grandstand, is apparently destined for the great glue factory in the sky (or should that be Sky)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4942320.stm

look out for a great pic of a young pre-jowl Harry Redknapp!

Is that pre-twitch as well?

Has anyone mentioned Coretta Scott King (30th Jan)?

She's dead.

She's dead.

Yes i know. Isn that what this threads for? Or am i confused?

She's dead.

Yes i know. Isn that what this threads for? Or am i confused?

Coretta Scott King already has her own thread right here.

The leader of the Indian BJP is Pramod Mahajan has been shot by his brother.

and is currently fighting for his life.

anyone have any idea how hes doing?Is his condition still 'grave' or 'in a grave' ? :D

According to tehe latest fpppgle wreedx drrstvcj jr od dyto;;toyosv;;

According to the latest google news search he is still critical and om ligre suppotrt I mean ligre LIFE support systems.

trouble tyoping this eveningt/

Guest iain

the wife of senator John Kerry has died

That would be the ex-wife before anyone gets too excited...

That would be the ex-wife before anyone gets too excited...

Since neither neanderthal bothered with the actual factuals I will. (at the very least it would be nice if you had included the name. Constantly saying a person of such and such a status has croaked, bitten the dust, puffed their last, etc, etc, etc...., says little to nothing. Keep in mind once more that these news links often die off within a few feeble days and often shortlly after that and often even earlier than that. So ALWAYS check your blood sugar and check it often because if you're a diabetic, thanks to home delivery of the New York Times and Liberty Medical Supplies there's no reason not to.

So moving along we get to one JUlia Thorne who was indeedly do the former wife of the lackluster, disgruntled always scowling Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts. She was 61 and died after a protracted battle with cancer.

Born in New York City she spent many years in Rome Italy as a young lass while growing up in her formatice years and in around 1970 married the other peoples medals hurling John Kerry. Suffering from accute depression she often was depressed and eventually after some 12 years of marriage and 6 years of seperation and 2 children she divorced him.

Most telling things of the obits are how it was during her marriage that she started showing signs of depression and in around 1990 some 2 years after the divorce she was no longer depressed. Interesting.

Guest iain

Really?

And who might this person be? Did he or she have a name?

Names, Igorsaain always

INCLUDE a f...ing name since the link may soon go cold.

actually I included the name but for some wierd reason one of the moderators edited it out,so you'll have to get on to them about it!

Guest iain

shocking news of the brutal death of a young star here-the swiss skiing champion Corinne Rey-Bellet has been shot dead along with members of her family at the age of 33.Its believed an intruder broke into her home and shot them

and top tv comedy writer Harvey Bullock has died at 84

Really?

Names, Igorsaain always

actually I included the name but for some wierd reason one of the moderators edited it out,so you'll have to get on to them about it!

No you didn't.

I repaired the link because you had screwed up posting it. The name was never there.

Guest iain

Really?

Names, Igorsaain always

No you didn't.

I repaired the link because you had screwed up posting it. The name was never there.

I could have sworn i had included the name.Anyway never mind.Just heard that the renowned indonesian author Pramoedya Ananta Toer has died aged 81

shocking news of the brutal death of a young star here-the swiss skiing champion Corinne Rey-Bellet has been shot dead along with members of her family at the age of 33.Its believed an intruder broke into her home and shot them

Would you happen to know who shot her?

Guest iain

Would you happen to know who shot her?

no but Ive just heard thatthe french philosopher and politician Jean Francois Revel has died,if thathelps