Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

The curse of the Dead keyboardists strikes again :)

Right enough, it's a bit of a dead end job, it would seem.

Welnick was the last in a long line of Grateful Dead keyboardists, several of whom died prematurely, leading some of the group's fans to conclude that the position came with a curse.

Welnick had replaced Brent Mydland, who died of a drug overdose in 1990. Mydland had followed Keith Godchaux, who died in a car crash shortly after leaving the band. And Godchaux had replaced the band's original keyboard player, Ron "Pigpen" McKernan, who died at age 27 in 1973.

Welnick was the last musician to join the group before lead guitarist and unofficial leader Jerry Garcia's death in 1995.

Brent Mydland's death was - I think - put down to 'experimenting' with a particular combination of drugs. That's an odd concept where the Dead are concerned. If any band genuinely knows drugs and therefore doesn't need to experiment it must be them.

Brent Mydland's death was - I think - put down to 'experimenting' with a particular combination of drugs.

A speedball if I remember correctly.

Spot on Vinegar Tits!

I think Petruska Clarkson has committed suicide. It'll be highly ironic if it's true given that she's a leading psychotherapist and someone who's made a study of death. Can't find an obit on the Internet but was told about this a couple of days back.

Yep.

Petruska Baboosked

Sorted then; the next time a psychotherapist tells me I'm a sad F**k for hanging around on here I'll throw Ms Clarkson back in their face!

I'm dealing with my issues........or summat.

Sorted then; the next time a psychotherapist tells me I'm a sad F**k for hanging around on here I'll throw Ms Clarkson back in their face!

This rather implies you have had past dealings with psychotherapists, oh dear, oh dear.

Guest iain

the legendary singer/songwriter known as 'the fifth Beatle' Billy Preston has died

the legendary singer/songwriter known as 'the fifth Beatle' Billy Preston has died

He has his own thread iain...

i know it's not exactly a death, but... bloody hell, iain, what's the matter with you? i thought you'd decided to bugger off? if you're not, then at least LOOK for the right bloody thread, or to see if there's an appropriate one! then people won't have to moan! it's not that hard - if i can use the board and make sense of it, then i'm damn sure you can!

sorry, it's just been a hard day...

Not only that, but some 3 hours late too. :blink:;)

That's Iain, always last with the news, especially when it's news of no importance.

Iain, this is why your posts are being removed or deleted, as you so drama queenly pointed out in a thread. Would it really hurt you to breathe a little & have a quick search or even glance at the other topics before you post here in this thread?

Not sure yet, I'm checking.

What is bizarre is that the 6/6/06 has been a bad day for the pianist world.

Preston, that fellow in the Comets, and a pianist for the Long Island Philharmonic Orchestra all announced (but not died) dead today.

Jazz pianist Hilton Ruiz did die today though.

He was 54 and in a coma from a fall he had outside a bar in New Orleans.

Wow. 4 in a day. Bet Richard Clayderman's glad he's made it through the day.

I don't know if it's been metioned already, or not, but John "the Earthquake" Tenta died.

Guest Guest

Abu Musab Al Zarqawi is dead. Good riddance.

Breaking News

so, he drowned then?

Guest iain

Not only that, but some 3 hours late too. :):(

That's Iain, always last with the news, especially when it's news of no importance.

Iain, this is why your posts are being removed or deleted, as you so drama queenly pointed out in a thread. Would it really hurt you to breathe a little & have a quick search or even glance at the other topics before you post here in this thread?

Im not posting any more deaths till either Michael Foot or Gerald Ford snuff it.Till then im on strike

Guest osama

Iain, you have inspired me with your strange logic. Consequently, I now have a new tactic:

I'm not going to kill any more people until all the foreign infidels have left Iraq

Guest iain

ACTUALLY Ie changed my mind because one of my favourite actors Robert Donner has passed away .He might be best known for his role as Exidor in Mork and Mindy

ACTUALLY Ie changed my mind because one of my favourite actors Robert Donner has passed away .

First, Tempus already posted this in another thread before you.

Secondly, this might be another Wiki fake as there doesn't seem to be much evidence so far.

ACTUALLY Ie changed my mind because one of my favourite actors Robert Donner has passed away .

No, he hasn't.

It's yet another Wiki fake.

If you're going to post deaths without double-checking them, just go back on "strike". :lol:

I posted that death in Wiki, as far as I know Robert Donner is dead,

The only obit I can find so far is on a golf website, Mr. Donner was a very keen golfer according to his imdb profile.

http://dptgg.org/cgi-bin/DPTGG/profile.cgi?RDonner

Dead or Alive have also listed him as dead.

http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/dn...f/Donner+Robert

Oh well, whatever. It's just when I clicked on the article Iain's link went to, it still had him alive, 7 hours on, so I did wonder, especially with no citation, no news or no blog mentions.

Can't say I've ever heard of him, or recognise him, so I can't say I really care very much anyway.

Oh well, whatever. It's just when I clicked on the article Iain's link went to, it still had him alive, 7 hours on, so I did wonder, especially with no citation, no news or no blog mentions.

Can't say I've ever heard of him, or recognise him, so I can't say I really care very much anyway.

I remember him as Exidor, but I doubt he will be remembered by most people which is why I put his death in the Not exactly famous thread.

I hope he gets some proper obituaries though as he was a fairly prolific character actor.

Was he now? Still doesn't help me on figgering out who he was. Any photographs or linkable references you might have for him Temp?

Was he now? Still doesn't help me on figgering out who he was. Any photographs or linkable references you might have for him Temp?

There's a photo of him in the Not Exactly Famous thread, Bruno