M.Lawrenson

John F. Kennedy

Was it really 43 years ago today? It only seems like yesterday that it was 25 years ago. I remember watching the 'retrospective' TV programmes on that anniversary in 1988. My mother kindly pointed out to me all the detail on the Zapruder film on the many times it was shown. And now I'm sitting here drinking wine and being morbid over the Wikipedia articles on the subject - who'd'a thought it?

• Like 1

Was it really 43 years ago today? It only seems like yesterday that it was 25 years ago. I remember watching the 'retrospective' TV programmes on that anniversary in 1988. My mother kindly pointed out to me all the detail on the Zapruder film on the many times it was shown. And now I'm sitting here drinking wine and being morbid over the Wikipedia articles on the subject - who'd'a thought it?

I miss my extra income from showing people Oswald's grave. :D Bought me quite a few Coca-Cola and Milky Way bar combinations in my childhood.

All the taxi drivers are lined up in Dealey Plaza today to take people from the assassination site to Fort Worth to see Oswald's grave then back to Dealey Plaza for a flat fee. With it being the day before Thanksgiving traffic should at least be light. :P

Rose Hill Cemetery in Fort Worth has tried for years to figure out a way to close on November 22nd but they haven't quite taken the step to do so. It gets ridiculous in there.

I miss my extra income from showing people Oswald's grave. :D Bought me quite a few Coca-Cola and Milky Way bar combinations in my childhood.

All the taxi drivers are lined up in Dealey Plaza today to take people from the assassination site to Fort Worth to see Oswald's grave then back to Dealey Plaza for a flat fee. With it being the day before Thanksgiving traffic should at least be light. :P

Rose Hill Cemetery in Fort Worth has tried for years to figure out a way to close on November 22nd but they haven't quite taken the step to do so. It gets ridiculous in there.

I wonder if getting shot adds to or takes away from JFK's legacy. Probably not as good a career move as it's turned out to be for Tupac.

It was Malcolm Everett 'Mac' Wallace who did it....

...you heard it here! :D

I wonder if getting shot adds to or takes away from JFK's legacy. Probably not as good a career move as it's turned out to be for Tupac.

Getting shot definitely helps. It blunts a lot of legitimate (and illegitimate) criticism. JFK is almost certainly better regarded than he would have been had he lived to the age of his brother Teddy.

I've seen some pretty accurate documentaries on the subject and there is little to absolutely no evidence that a second assassin even existed. Oswald was just some militaristic outcast who wanted some valuable role in world history, but was never much more then ordinary. The mans self esteem was -2 and after finding himself unwanted in most of his worldly ambitions he finally got the chance to exist in political history forever. Some 'conspiracy junkies' believe he didn't work alone but from a realistic standpoint Oswald could have easily got the job done with his experience. Jack Ruby? Another nobody. James Files? Same category.

I still say it was the limosine driver who popped a cap into JFK....check the videos.

I still say it was the limosine driver who popped a cap into JFK....check the videos.

Nope, Jackie O had a deuce deuce in her bag. She was still pissed off about Marylin Monroe.

It was Mac Wallace...

The mans self esteem was -2 and after finding himself unwanted in most of his worldly ambitions he finally got the chance to exist in political history forever.

A thought mind, if the DL had existed back then would Oswald have been the kind to join up and vent his venom?

It was Woody Harrelsons Dad. Or something.

What is peculiar about the whole JFK debate is how much utter fiction is allowed to intrude on such little real proof. I could go on at length about the semiotics of the Zapruder footage, but frankly the whole thing is a little done to death now.

I prefer the James Ellroy version of history. No messing, lots of violence and everyone's to blame.

It was Woody Harrelsons Dad. Or something.

What is peculiar about the whole JFK debate is how much utter fiction is allowed to intrude on such little real proof. I could go on at length about the semiotics of the Zapruder footage, but frankly the whole thing is a little done to death now.

I prefer the James Ellroy version of history. No messing, lots of violence and everyone's to blame.

I always suspected Joey Deacon myself. Perfect assassin, an intelligent man who could pass for not being so. Dealt a grim enough deal in life to be understandably bitter, therefore amenable to assassin training and - finally - impossible to understand under interrogation!

CBS newsman Ike Pappas is dead at 75. He stood only a few feet from the shooting of Lee Harvey Oswald.

That McNamara chappy is getting more annoucements than Jacko!

Must be the Fog of Death which is doing it...

Can I help it if these literary pipsqueaks insist on plagiarising my oeuvre or are too indolent or boneheaded to use a search function simple enough for a starfish of average intelligence to master?

That McNamara chappy is getting more annoucements than Jacko!

Must be the Fog of Death which is doing it...

Can I help it if these literary pipsqueaks insist on plagiarising my oeuvre or are too indolent or boneheaded to use a search function simple enough for a starfish of average intelligence to master?

The sad part is that all three threads made sense - The Dead of 2009, Political Frailty and Kennedy.

I thought the Guardian headline was a touch ironic:

"Vietnam architect McNamara dies"

seeing as he is partly responsible for flattening the place!

Everyone needs to watch

about the JFK assassination.

It clears everything up.

Everyone needs to watch

It clears everything up.

No - I don't think "everyone" needs to watch it - JUST A LOAD OF C\<P.

Everyone needs to watch

It clears everything up.

No - I don't think "everyone" needs to watch it - JUST A LOAD OF C\<P.

I thought it was quite funny.

Mainly because it takes the piss out of those conspiracy nut-cases who use codes...

Brazilian model/actress Cibele Dorsa has committed suicide, aged 36, by jumping out of her 7th floor apartment window. Why this thread? She was JFK's widow's second husband's grandaughter's husband's ex-wife :lol:.

• Like 1