football_fan

Things To Do While Waiting For Death... 2007

You sure you didn't make that up?

That's what they said to Buddy Bolden.

One mainly for our American friends

I had a go, turns out I speak 20% yank, 15% Dixie, 5% Midwestern ans 5% Uppermidwestern and the rest, well thats 50% General American English.

Unfortunately once you get passed a certain number of questions you just can't use proper British English and seeing as I have never even heard of toilet papering a house nor kitty corners I came a bit unstuck! However at least I know now that the devil drinks Stella ;-)

One mainly for our American friends

I had a go, turns out I speak 20% yank, 15% Dixie, 5% Midwestern ans 5% Uppermidwestern and the rest, well thats 50% General American English.

Unfortunately once you get passed a certain number of questions you just can't use proper British English and seeing as I have never even heard of toilet papering a house nor kitty corners I came a bit unstuck! However at least I know now that the devil drinks Stella ;-)

I speak 45 per cent General American English according to this. But I haven't heard

anyone actually say kitty corner since my grandmother. Same for the Devil is beating his wife.

60% General American English 25% Dixie 5% Midwestern 5% Yankee 0% Upper Midwestern

That's about right - and I did my fair share of TP'ing houses when I was a kid. :banghead:

Your Linguistic Profile:

55% General American English

15% Dixie

15% Yankee

5% Midwestern

5% Upper Midwestern

Well, that's interesting! It must be those films I watched as a kiddie.

What I have noticed is they never seem to add up to 100%. I wonder what the additional 5 % is. I'd like to hope it is all those actors from programmmes like Sunset Beach (?) trying to put on phoney British accents ;-)

Would someone care enlighten those of us who are bewildered by the term, exactly what toilet-papering someone's house is/does? :banghead:

Would someone care enlighten those of us who are bewildered by the term, exactly what toilet-papering someone's house is/does? <_<

my girlfriend is American - its great hearing how those wacky yanks spent their childhoods..... :banghead:

TP-ing is completely covering someones home, in toilet paper. hold on to the end and throw the roll over the house into the back garden. then go round the back and do the same. repeat until bored. doing it in the night-time is best, as the owner (usually your 'friends' parents) wake up to a wall of toilet paper outside their front door. ive been told that TP-ing a tree is also fun, and tends to stick to the tree for weeks, sometimes months. fun eh?

Also, when on a TP-ing Spree, of hitting several homes in one night, its always worth throwing a few rolls over your own home, as not to raise suspicion. :D

maybe some form of financial penalty would halt this sort of anti-social behaviour.

Like a tax on toilet paper for example.

(figured that the whole tax on toilet paper discussion still hadn't fully run its course :banghead: )

Would someone care enlighten those of us who are bewildered by the term, exactly what toilet-papering someone's house is/does? :)

my girlfriend is American - its great hearing how those wacky yanks spent their childhoods..... :)

TP-ing is completely covering someones home, in toilet paper. hold on to the end and throw the roll over the house into the back garden. then go round the back and do the same. repeat until bored. doing it in the night-time is best, as the owner (usually your 'friends' parents) wake up to a wall of toilet paper outside their front door. ive been told that TP-ing a tree is also fun, and tends to stick to the tree for weeks, sometimes months. fun eh?

Also, when on a TP-ing Spree, of hitting several homes in one night, its always worth throwing a few rolls over your own home, as not to raise suspicion. :)

The best part of toilet papering someone's house is doing the trees, though. It's relatively easy to get it off the house. It's absolute hell to get it out of the trees. You usually have to wait until the next rain to see it all dissolve away.....

Thank you, Mr H, for leading me to this exquisite refinement, guaranteed to make breakfast guests wonder just what's in the marmalade!

Could any competant linguist out there help with

I have two questions:

1 - What the f**k are they on about?

2 - Is the bloke in the background pissed or has he just survived some awful accident?

I have two questions:

2 - Is the bloke in the background pissed or has he just survived some awful accident?

As far as I can make out, they are discussing the dangers of eating too much 'Marmite'.

This one doesn't need translating...

Who ever said Belgians were dull?

I have watched this several times in the last two days, just found the version with subtitles so had to watch again.

Enjoy.

I have two questions:

As far as I can make out, they are discussing the dangers of eating too much 'Marmite'.

I appreciate your expertise DTTG but quite seriously there is intense debate at MPFC Towers on this issue. I'm angling for the aftermath of a minor mining accident where things could have been much worse, Mrs MPFC reckons the laddo in the back is pissed and the interview concerns nothing of any great consequence.

I have two questions:

The man being interviewed is complaining about the fact that some men from the next town got his friend drunk and then pushed his face in the mud.

Make some celebrity potatoes

Presumably one could also make some anonymous notapotatoes too.

I have two questions:

The man being interviewed is complaining about the fact that some men from the next town got his friend drunk and then pushed his face in the mud.

sounds like a fair deal, i would have my face pushed in mud if you by me beer.