Crispy

Ronnie Biggs

Godot wrote:

I used to see gang member Buster Edwards every day at Waterloo Station until he hung himself. I never said hello or bought any flowers from his stall

Have you ever pondered whether a smiled 'top of the morning, you train bothering scallywag' or the purchase of the odd, occasional carnation may have altered events & spared ol' Buster the noose?

Could it have been his disappointment of the gent in the purple top hat & shades looking the other way every morning that led to his depression & eventual trip to the hardware store to enquire about the tensile qualities of rope?

It just goes to prove the positive qualities of exchanging pleasantries with strangers, especially at train stations.

I just don't know how you sleep at night, mate.

The thing is he didn't look anything like he did when he was playing the drums in Genesis.

Godot CFY

The thing is he didn't look anything like he did when he was playing the drums in Genesis.

Godot CFY

No, probably not, but then in all fairness I should imagine that it's quite tricky to competently play a drumkit whilst suspended from a noose. :D

Godot CFY

No, probably not, but then in all fairness I should imagine that it's quite tricky to competently play a drumkit whilst suspended from a noose. :D

Now that definitely was a split infinitive BHB.

I have a premonition that several DL candidates with die next month, including Mr Biggs.

In the words of T S Elliott 'April is the cruellest month' :D

Godot CFY

No, probably not, but then in all fairness I should imagine that it's quite tricky to competently play a drumkit whilst suspended from a noose. :rolleyes:

Now that definitely was a split infinitive BHB.

I'll take your word for it, or ask Stephen Fry when I see him...whichever's soonest... :)

I have a premonition that several DL candidates with die next month, including Mr Biggs.

In the words of T S Elliott 'April is the cruellest month' :rolleyes:

Not sure what it is, but people seem to die in troves around Easter

I'll be sure to avoid a trove if I see it. People die in droves as well - ie large numbers. Re Mad Frankie, is he still doing his bus tours of London?

Guest iain

nobody put a plastic bag over the old bastards head yet then?

nobody put a plastic bag over the old bastards head yet then?

Hmm, constructive post; but it has left me wondering whether if they used a mail bag would it then qualify for the ironic death's thread?

It would qualify as pointless, you can breathe inside a mailbag.

Would it be ironic if he was finally released from prison only to be killed by a wallop to the head whilst he was being robbed. Then, his killer was freed on appeal after only serving two months?

And Biggs was hit by a train at his funeral?

Or would that just be far fetched?

Would it be ironic if he was finally released from prison only to be killed by a wallop to the head whilst he was being robbed. Then, his killer was freed on appeal after only serving two months?

And Biggs was hit by a train at his funeral?

Well let me take a look...

Would it at all be ironic if a Deathlist Moderater began speaking a dream or just simply his fantasys involving train robber Ronnie Biggs? Explaining almost what is far out of reach. Explaining something that isn't even at fair odds when spinning a wheel with fair odds?

I don't think that's far fetched. How about you? B)

[snip]

Not only irony I'd think, but comedic irony!

And aside from the fact that he's probably too sick to be walking around town, probably not all that far-fetched either...

Can you?

Bugger.

I'll be crossing them off my asphysixiation sex game equipment shopping list then.

So will anyone here be signing the petition?

Not that one, but I'll happily start one up requesting his idiot son joins him in prison for being an almighty boring sycophant (ie " a public nuisance", I believe is the term nowadays)

Ailing Biggs' family seek his release

or with a bit more information & a picture:

Biggs' son bleating on again

He doesn't look all that ill in that picture.

So will anyone here be signing the petition?

I'll sign it if they agree to remove his feeding tube and any other medical equipment he may be hooked up to

For those who can't be bothered with the link:

Ailing Biggs' family seeks his release

LONDON, March 20 (UPI) -- The family of jailed Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs fear he is near death in prison, and have applied to care for him at home.

Biggs, 76, is in London's high security Belmarsh prison, and unable to talk or eat after suffering four strokes. He has also had two epileptic seizures and two heart attacks, The Mirror reported.

His 31-year-old son Mike told the newspaper Biggs is unable to walk and spends most of his time wired to a heart monitor and intravenous feeding drip.

"I visited him on Saturday but he quickly had to be taken back to his room because he was paralyzed with coughing fits," Biggs' son said. "His doctors think it's a matter of time before he has another fit and that could well be his last."

Biggs escaped in 1965 after serving 15 months of his 30-year sentence for the 1963 train robbery, and returned to Britain in 2001 and is not due for parole for another five years.

Last year, Home Secretary Charles Clarke ruled only a life-threatening illness could secure his release.

He's a hot pick in my top ten in Weatherman's DDP, c'mon Ronnie, don't let me down.

Phantom: It's better to burn out than TO fade away......and Neil Young was only 33 when he wrote it.

Great song mind, both versions.

Phantom: It's better to burn out than TO fade away......and Neil Young was only 33 when he wrote it.

Great song mind, both versions.

He's not 33 now and he still occasionally sings the song "Out of the Blue"

The irony is, that he's about to release a new album

I'll amend my signature to add the "TO" bit

If yer point is that he's a hypocrite because he's still alive and making albums I think you've picked the wrong target. He's one of the few who's put art above money, something that almost led him to court where Geffen Records were sueing him for 'Making music unrepresentative of a major artist,' in other words claiming damages because he refused to write hit albums to order. The case never came to court because a load of others were ready to go to court and argue he'd been consistently inconsistent and Geffen were smart enough to know what they were getting.

Neil Young can still sing that line with some conviction, how The Who will feel singing 'Hope I die before I get old,' this summmer I don't know.

If yer point is that he's a hypocrite because he's still alive and making albums I think you've picked the wrong target. He's one of the few who's put art above money, something that almost led him to court where Geffen Records were sueing him for 'Making music unrepresentative of a major artist,' in other words claiming damages because he refused to write hit albums to order. The case never came to court because a load of others were ready to go to court and argue he'd been consistently inconsistent and Geffen were smart enough to know what they were getting.

Neil Young can still sing that line with some conviction, how The Who will feel singing 'Hope I die before I get old,' this summmer I don't know.

I used the Who quote last week ;) I change my signature on a regular basis anyway. I wouldn't want to get sued by Neil Young for libel :ghost:

...how The Who will feel singing 'Hope I die before I get old,' this summmer I don't know.

I'm beginning to suspect The Who were telling porkies, as presumably being entitled to a free bus pass already counts as being old, even in these modern times of longevity?

I won't get fooled again, I can tell you. :)

(Clearly the whole point of this post was for me to sneak that weak gag in somehow, my apologies).