Crispy

Saddam Hussein

1,100 Saddam defence lawyers withdraw, saying they have insufficient protection.

I couldn't believe that 1,100 lawyers work on Saddams defence, who the hell is paying for them...

1,100 Saddam defence lawyers withdraw, saying they have insufficient protection.

I couldn't believe that 1,100 lawyers work on Saddams defence, who the hell is paying for them...

I imagine they are on some sort of Legal Aid programme that will no doubt prove to be exceptionally expensive and allow the ones who survive to retire to less dangerous climes. :lol:

Saddam allegedly beaten up by two court clerks, after he insulted Shia's.

I think Saddam needs a good beating that old

demanding mother f****r.

Saddam just knows he is a complete fool in court with

now barely any oppertunitys to have any sort of freedom.

Soon the world will learn the truth. (whatever that might be)

Saddam allegedly beaten up by two court clerks, after he insulted Shia's.

Iraqi court officials deny reports of Saddam being attacked

Those officials would say that, they're Shia's.

I know which version I believe.

OOOOOhhh tell us..............you must you must........

pretty please with hatchets on top......

Should the Judge of Saddam's trial be considered as a candidate?

It would appear a number of people want him dead.

Lots of people may remember S. Hussein as "the bastard that used chemical weapons on the Kurds," or as a US Army report put it...

"Iraq has possibly employed phosphorous chemical weapons against the Kurdish population."

What a bastard Hussien must be--using White Phosphorous (WP) as a weapon indeed. Didn't he know that WP is only allowed to be used by the good guys? The same weapon the US admitted it used in Falluja; the same weapon it used in Vietnam. The same weapon the US called a chemical weapon when Iraq used it, but not when they did. :blink:

See here for a good write up.

Lots of people may remember S. Hussein as "the bastard that used chemical weapons on the Kurds," or as a US Army report put it...
"Iraq has possibly employed phosphorous chemical weapons against the Kurdish population."

What a bastard Hussien must be--using White Phosphorous (WP) as a weapon indeed. Didn't he know that WP is only allowed to be used by the good guys? The same weapon the US admitted it used in Falluja; the same weapon it used in Vietnam. The same weapon the US called a chemical weapon when Iraq used it, but not when they did. <_<

See here for a good write up.

"Shake 'N' Bake", those GI's love their euphemisms.

WP is one of those weapons that defies strict categorization.

A nasty, but very effective battlefield tool.

What a bastard Hussien must be--using White Phosphorous (WP) as a weapon indeed. Didn't he know that WP is only allowed to be used by the good guys? The same weapon the US admitted it used in Falluja; the same weapon it used in Vietnam. The same weapon the US called a chemical weapon when Iraq used it, but not when they did

The former prime minister - ie the guy elected after the war - now reckons the place is as lawless and indefensible on human rights as it was under Saddam.

WP is one of those weapons that defies strict categorization.

Like inventing the term 'enemy combatants' to avoid any international legal repercussions?

Saddam's defence team are asking for ex US Attorney General Ramsey Clark to join the defence team.

They also want a 3 month delay to the trial.

What a bastard Hussien must be--using White Phosphorous (WP) as a weapon indeed. Didn't he know that WP is only allowed to be used by the good guys? The same weapon the US admitted it used in Falluja; the same weapon it used in Vietnam. The same weapon the US called a chemical weapon when Iraq used it, but not when they did

The former prime minister - ie the guy elected after the war - now reckons the place is as lawless and indefensible on human rights as it was under Saddam.

So then I suppose we should throw this place and

everyone in it behind bars?

Another of Saddam's old cronies has died.

21-al-Zubaydi.jpg

Mohammad Hamza al-Zubaydi, one time Prime Minister of Iraq, and the Queen of Spades in that infamous pack of cards.

He was responsible for ruthlessly putting down the Shia rebellion after the first Gulf war.

Good riddance to the scumbag.

Another of Saddam's old cronies has died.

21-al-Zubaydi.jpg

Mohammad Hamza al-Zubaydi, one time Prime Minister of Iraq, and the Queen of Spades in that infamous pack of cards.

He was responsible for ruthlessly putting down the Shia rebellion after the first Gulf war.

Good riddance to the scumbag.

I bet they're going to try and keep that as quiet as possible... they know they'll be in sh*t if there's any sort of investigation.

They should sentence Saddam to the next series of I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here. He might end up as a DJ if he wins. Goooooood Mornin' I'm Saddam

According to the front page of Wikipedia his trial has be adjourned for two weeks. The news isn't on CNN (surprise surprise) and I'm too lazy to confirm this elsewhere, but suffice to say it's interesting indeed.

They don't celebrate Christmas in Iraq do they, so the trial will probably not be postponed over the festive season. Which is good - it means a quicker route to his execution....

I predict that in 25 years this trial will still not be done with.......what say you all?