Crispy

Saddam Hussein

I predict that in 25 years this trial will still not be done with.......what say you all?

I say I hope he doesn't live to 92 ;)

The Trial Judge threatens to quit, over Iraqi government pressure to speed things up and be tougher on Saddam.

I'm with the Iraqi Government on this, get on with this trial and execute him.

The Trial Judge threatens to quit, over Iraqi government pressure to speed things up and be tougher on Saddam.

I'm with the Iraqi Government on this, get on with this trial and execute him.

Not to soon Tempus - Without Saddam on this years list I'd like to

have his long awaited execution held off atleast for a year.

I didn't list him but I don't think he'll see the year out.

I heard the news last night and Saddam haas been given anotherr reprieve as the judge,,, Rizgar Muhammad Amin (of Kurdistan) on the case has handed in his resignation!!!! Sadly the tribunal has yet to approve it but who would want to allow him to stay now when youi know he is on Saddams side.

Long LIve Hussein the Insane!

A new judge has taken over Raouf Abdul Rahman, who was born in Halabja, where Saddam used poison gas to kill 5,000 Kurds.

The authorities are still trying to persuade Judge Rizgar to return.

A new judge has taken over Raouf Abdul Rahman, who was born in Halabja, where Saddam used poison gas to kill 5,000 Kurds.

The authorities are still trying to persuade Judge Rizgar to return.

This is turning into one of the most corrupt trials of all time.

I fully supported the invasion of Iraq, and still do, but this is simply not a fair trial.

Then again, would anyoneone in the world be able to trial Saddam without prejudice?

I fully supported the invasion of Iraq, and still do, but this is simply not a fair trial.

Then again, would anyoneone in the world be able to trial Saddam without prejudice?

You are quite right about that......Saddamm Is innocent. everybody knows that and that is why all these delayal tactics are being perpertrated.

Saddam Hussein's trial has been put back until 13th of February.

Looks like this really is going to a long trial... ;)

The whole trial is ridiculous as it would not fit the requirements that would make it a "fair trial" in the Western world.

I am not for one minute saying Saddam Hussein is innocent, but the trial really is a sham.

Consider this...recently a libel trial involving News International was moved from Liverpool because it was decided NI wouldn't get a fair trial due to the memories of how the Sun covered the Hillsborough tragedy.

But nobody moans when Saddam's first judge was a Kurd - bad enough - and then his second judge is a Kurd from Halabja - the town Saddam is accused of ordering the gassing of.

The judge is more likely than not to know people who were gassed, or relatives, etc.

But, then again, it is one of those cases when it is very hard to maintain impartiality.

Perhaps we should do what we did to Napoleon - stick Saddam on an island and wait for him to die...

The whole trial is ridiculous as it would not fit the requirements that would make it a "fair trial" in the Western world.

I am not for one minute saying Saddam Hussein is innocent, but the trial really is a sham.

Consider this...recently a libel trial involving News International was moved from Liverpool because it was decided NI wouldn't get a fair trial due to the memories of how the Sun covered the Hillsborough tragedy.

But nobody moans when Saddam's first judge was a Kurd - bad enough - and then his second judge is a Kurd from Halabja - the town Saddam is accused of ordering the gassing of.

The judge is more likely than not to know people who were gassed, or relatives, etc.

But, then again, it is one of those cases when it is very hard to maintain impartiality.

Perhaps we should do what we did to Napoleon - stick Saddam on an island and wait for him to die...

No, no. no, he's on my DDP team, he must die this year.

Why even pretend to have a fair trial, just get on and find him guilty,

take the scumbag outside and shoot him.

The longer this farce of a trial goes on the more Saddam is enjoying it, there should have been a maximum 6 month limit set on the trials length, how long do you need to find a monster like him guilty.

Why should he have any semblance of a fair trial, he never even gave his opponents trials, just torture and death.

If the Iraqi government doesn't want to do the job, then they should release Saddam in Basra city centre and let the people pass their own swift justice.

• Like 1

I can't understand why they cannot just gag him and tie him to a chair and force him to sit through proceedings..... ;)

I think he should be given an ASBO and told to behave himself in future. He's a very naughty man.

How about Barzan al Tikriti, Saddams half brother?

Not only is he a dead cert to get the death sentence, he is also suffering from spinal cancer.

How about Barzan al Tikriti, Saddams half brother?

Not only is he a dead cert to get the death sentence, he is also suffering from spinal cancer.

Am I the only one who finds this strangely humorous - ie he's going to die even if his is found innocent, which he won't be.

He can pray as much as he wants, but he's going sooner rather than later.

Allahu Akbar indeed.

Guest Himler

It's a good job the Americans got to him first, if the Brits had captured him, he would probably be appearing on Big Brother while living in a Knightsbridge hotel funded by social services, while Gordon Brown raises income tax 2p in the pound to fund his legal aid bill relating to his asylum application while he fights extradition to the USA. Oh and he would probably have shagged Chantelle in the Big Brother pool, blamed it on Preston and claimed he was getting a manicure from Michael Barrymore at the time. :o

Does anybody have picdtures of Saddam doing the Hokey Pokey?

Guest Chicken Little

Looks like this really is going to a long trial... :D

What a shame they demolished Spandau prison, Hess's old cell would have been ideal. :D

He's almost certain not to get a fair trial. But then neither would Hitler or Stalin had they come to trial. Won't be too many taking to the streets to protest.

Guest Chicken Little

I bet the Americans wish they had dropped a grenade down his hole and quietly walked away...

:old: (Saddam)

:D (Prosecution)

:D (Public Gallery)

:blink: (George Bush)

What do y'all think are the chances Saddam will be executed in the next year or so?

What do y'all think are the chances Saddam will be executed in the next year or so?

I've got a strange feeling it won't come to that.

I envisage a Goering situation, in that he'll be "allowed" to top himself first.

I've got a strange feeling it won't come to that.

I envisage a Goering situation, in that he'll be "allowed" to top himself first.

As long as he's dead before the end of the year, I'm happy.

I want those DDP points.

They stole the soundtrack off Mollie & Clives last S&M video ,a 166 Years of Torture - SHAME!!!