Paul Bearer

Jacques Brel's Imitation Jelly Jewellery

I would appear I need glasses, the sign said PASCAL DEMAN BREL in such a way that I interpreted it to be Demain Pascal Brel as the Pascal and Brel were the same colour and size but Deman...oh excuses excuses... I think I can safely say it will be some Wallon singing in the songs of Brel.

Saw an advert outside a bar today that says Pascal Brel will be playing tomorrow night. I wonder if he is any relation to the famous Belgian who donne(s) his name to this thread - can anyone tell me?

No relation, as far as I know, though Brel does have a nephew called Bruno who's a singer-songwriter.

Incidentally, Jackie's is one of only 3 people to feature in the Top 10 Greatest Belgians list as voted for by both the Flemish and the Walloons, so he's a real national treasure.

How can any country expect to be taken seriously when half of them go around calling themselves the Walloons? I thought that was the name of one of the races of baddies in Gulliver's Travels.

Or was Gulliver the baddy?

As I remember, Gulliver was a sort of Everyman who grows increasingly cynical and misanthropic as he meets different peoples who broadly represent different types of -ocracies. But it's been ages since I read it so I could be wide of the mark.

How can any country expect to be taken seriously when half of them go around calling themselves the Walloons?

To be described as Flemish i snot to be sneezed at either. Oh my aching sides.

Hi iain!

I'll get me coat.

Ever get the feeling that you have arrived at a party just as ever other bugger was leaving? :banghead:

Ladies and gentleman this is the name of this thread.

> Jacques Brel's Immitation Jelly Jewellery, Euterpean indgulence for muzique enthusiasts

3 words.

What - The - f**k. Seriously. To be perfectly honest I have no idea what this thread means or what it stands for. I think the person that decided to carefully select the name of this thread seems to be like a very affluent - flamboyant - word f*****g - eccentric - rebel that is trying to promote his or her top cat vocabulary and the bottom line is it's not raising the eye brow with me. So cut the sh*t and change the name of this thread and call it

Hi do you make sense?

I don't!

Hi iain!

I'll get me coat.

It wa snot my intention to impersonate iain. Who nose, perhaps to bond with others on this most Flemish of threads is what I Handker. Chief reason for this post however is to get something off my chest.

My sides, nurse, a suture.

Hi do you make sense?

I don't!

This is what I take home from the message. At least self-appraisal gets a ten out of ten.

This is what I take home from the message. At least self-appraisal gets a ten out of ten.

O I make sense. In fact I'm very clear like crystals. It's to bad Louis Braille couldn't see that clear but we are all born with challenges! So Monoclinic drop your purse and grab your hips and listen and bring your attention right on the money because people in real life don't use this English or maybe I should just call it a language!!

Alright it's just the name of the thread and I didn't lose any sleep over it. It's just unusual that's all. It's just not everyday. It's not very common. That's all.

O I make sense. In fact I'm very clear like crystals. It's to bad Louis Braille couldn't see that clear but we are all born with challenges! So Monoclinic drop your purse and grab your hips and listen and bring your attention right on the money because people in real life don't use this English or maybe I should just call it a language!!

Alright it's just the name of the thread and I didn't lose any sleep over it. It's just unusual that's all. It's just not everyday. It's not very common. That's all.

This is the clearest evidence yet that the linguistic legend Stanley Unwin is still with us.

Lest we forget, this is still the DL's premier music thread. So, this is the best that 2007 has to offer then? I am distinctly feeling my age when I say that of these albums I've only heard the Arctic Monkeys (it's OK), the Klaxons (it's not OK) and the Pony Club (typical Brit indie hyped rubbish), so I hope the Basquiat Strings with Seb Rochford take the honours, whoever they might be.

At least M People won't win.

In so many words this is the direction music has taken in my opinion over from circa 1965 - to now.

1965 - - - - - - - - -

1970 - - - - - -

1975 - - - - - - - -

1980 - - - - - - -

1985 - - - - - -

1990 - - - - - -

1995 - - -

2000 - -

2005 _

The only music I really dislike is new style R&B. It's not that I don't get it, it's just that there's no 'it' there to get. It's like you listen and wait for something to happen and schla14.gif it just keeps blathering on, something like this post.

BTW, I think it's high time Edith Piaf got her moment in the title of this thread, just a suggestion.

This is the clearest evidence yet that the linguistic legend Stanley Unwin is still with us.

Ah, good old Stanley. Here's a clip of him

by reading one of Banshees' finest.

I'm REALLY sick of that crappy umber - fekin - ella. I wish someone would shove it down her fekin throat :rip:

I'm REALLY sick of that crappy umber - fekin - ella. I wish someone would shove it down her fekin throat :rip:

Hear hear.

Am I missing something here?

Am I missing something here?

Actually, I read that several times and did not understand what it all meant.

For some reason, later on, I thought it may be something to do with a record that is at No 1 in the charts, and has been forever,I was right.

Considering the fact that I believe that music died in 1984, this crappy tune does not grate on me at all because I havent actually heard it. :pop:

Its good being old (ish)

Since you ask, my three, and they won't change tomorrow since it already is tomorrow, are:

Redemption song - Bob Marley

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda - Eric Bogle

Didn't we have our desert island discs in some thread on here? Maybe I'm dreaming.

If anybody is interested the legendary Led Zeppelin returns for a gig.

Jason Bonham at drums and Jimmy Page is beginning to look more like a Japanese man everyday but regardless, the guy knows how to rip up the guitar. John Paul Jones is also very underrated and a excellent bassist

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertai...icle2939944.ece

Took a bit of time to find this thread again (name change in order)

Now my faves are

The Associates... Party fears two

Coldplay... Fix you

and Sparks... Perfume

Just noticed I no longer REALLY have to get a life............. Thanks for the new title GR

Edited by heaven can wait

Took a bit of time to find this thread again (name change in order)

Now my faves are

The Associates... Party fears two

Coldplay... Fix you

and Sparks... Perfume

Just noticed I no longer REALLY have to get a life............. Thanks for the new title GR

It changes every day

Elvis Perkins - While You were Sleeping

The Decemberists- Sons and Daughters

Showaddywaddy errr I mean Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing