Paul Bearer

Jacques Brel's Imitation Jelly Jewellery

This is what I take home from the message. At least self-appraisal gets a ten out of ten.

O I make sense. In fact I'm very clear like crystals. It's to bad Louis Braille couldn't see that clear but we are all born with challenges! So Monoclinic drop your purse and grab your hips and listen and bring your attention right on the money because people in real life don't use this English or maybe I should just call it a language!!

Alright it's just the name of the thread and I didn't lose any sleep over it. It's just unusual that's all. It's just not everyday. It's not very common. That's all.

This is the clearest evidence yet that the linguistic legend Stanley Unwin is still with us.

SN-word. Missed this one. Are you sitting cumftimould? Deep Joy......

Took a bit of time to find this thread again (name change in order)

The Associates... Party fears two

Good choice - 'Sulk' is one of the great albums of that much-maligned decade.

Something for the weekend:

Wire - Outdoor Miner

Jim O'Rourke - Women of the World

Stephen Duffy - Eucharist

I'd like this thread to have its Jacques back, if possible.

Some good music.

I shall now lower the tone somewhat.

At this very second I am listening to "Boogie Shoes" KC and the Sunshine Band

Then I will listen to:

"Im 18" Alice Cooper

then

" Wonderful Land" The Shadows

Yeah!! :lol:

Some good music.

Then I will listen to:

"Im 18" Alice Cooper

An excellent choice LFN, one of my all time favourite songs :lol: .

Music is a melody that transcends exact moods into high volume. It outlives it's artists, and like all good music it dies. Only if real music had a future.

Some good music.

Then I will listen to:

"Im 18" Alice Cooper

An excellent choice LFN, one of my all time favourite songs :lol: .

Why thank you Lady G!

He is so well known, has such a hardcore following yet he really hasnt had the credit he deserves.

Dear old Vince really is one of the best.

Ermm....Continuing the descent.. into low tones. I looooove Eric Burden's voice and would probably enjoy listening to him sing the Natonal Anthem....well maybe not. House of the Rising Sun and I Put a Spell on You are two of my favorites. Another raunchy-voiced singer I like is Joe Cocker (Unchain my Heart) . :D:lol:

Ermm....Continuing the descent.. into low tones. I looooove Eric Burden's voice and would probably enjoy listening to him sing the Natonal Anthem....well maybe not. House of the Rising Sun and I Put a Spell on You are two of my favorites. Another raunchy-voiced singer I like is Joe Cocker (Unchain my Heart) . :D:lol:

You have good taste Madame!

You have good taste Madame!

Well, my my my my my my etc. boogie shoes, so do you.

It's a beautiful autumnal morning here in the Smoke, so I'm throwing my windows open and the neighbours get to enjoy:

Doing It Right - Go! Team

Orange Air - 5th Dimension

Dark End of the Street - James Carr (or Dan Penn. or the Burritos. or 'arry in the shower :D )

Well here I am in rural (ish) Norfolk, a crisp and beautiful day.

The Pond glimmers, the fish quiet, the sweet smell of Autumn invading the nostrils.

The roast is on and Im listening to the theme tune from the film "A Big Country"

The world suddenly feels right and makes perfect sense.

The Pond glimmers, the fish quiet, the sweet smell of Autumn invading the nostrils.

The roast is on and Im listening to the theme tune from the film "A Big Country"

You can bet that the world didn't make quite so much sense for the chicken/lamb/cow/pig in that roasting tin, as it left this mortal coil with the sweet smell of blood, death and fear invading its nostrils, listening to the theme tune from "My Family And Friends Are Being Needlessly Slaughtered On An Industrial Scale".

Norfolk; not renowned for displaying mercy toward roastable animals.

Overcast and drizzling here in Northumberland. Must be time for

You can bet that the world didn't make quite so much sense for the chicken/lamb/cow/pig in that roasting tin, as it left this mortal coil with the sweet smell of blood, death and fear invading its nostrils, listening to the theme tune from "My Family And Friends Are Being Needlessly Slaughtered On An Industrial Scale".

Though I thought you had a penchant for pigeon SC?

It was a lovely bit of Beef SC.

I find Im getting a bit old and slow on my feet to get the Spear out and go hunting for fresh meat, as my ancestors used to.

Thank heavens for Tescos!!

Seeing Iggy Pop at Glastonbury today reminds me what a fantastic endorsement of hard drugs he is. 60 going on 40. Having said that, he'll probably go and drop dead at the aftershow.

And long may this thread continue its excellent name-changing antiques antics!

JacquesBrel_smoking.GIF

Who's that man in the picture - he looks like Brad Pitt in 20 or 30 years time.

Ah, I see now that it is Jacques himself.

BBC Four documentary on the sweaty crybaby on October 26th at 9pm.

What do you mean, you're out?

I'm currently listening to 'Strummin' with the Devil - The Southern Side of Van Halen' (Xmas present), looks like Dave Lee Roth has jumped on the Hayseed Dixie bandwagon. It isn't too bad surprisingly, the songs that Diamond Dave doesn't sing on are better, although the long buried teenage Lady Grendel will be turning in her grave at such treatment of her favourite band!

I just dug through some of my under-played albums and found 'Murder Ballads' by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

Apparently 64 people are killed over the course of the LP, anyone care to find a more blood-thirsty disc?

Saturday Night - The Langley Schools Project (Ah ok, The Bay City Rollers)

Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down - Johnny Cash

Monday - Wilco

Super Tuesday - The Shazam

Wednesday Week - The Undertones

Holy Thursday - David Axelrod

Friday Night - Dennis Wilson

I ... found 'Murder Ballads' by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

Apparently 64 people are killed over the course of the LP, anyone care to find a more blood-thirsty disc?

The Geto Boys' 1989 opus "Grip It - On That Other Level".

I haven't got an exact bodycount for you, but the Geto Boys be poppin' a cap in a whole bunch 'o' motherfuckers on this album. The death toll must be in 3 figures, given the fully-automatic slaughter-sprees undertaken in such classic tracks as "Trigga Happy Nigga" and "Mind Of A Lunatic" (in which our anti-hero, Willie Dee, only meant to break into a woman's house to rape her, but ended up in a firefight with several police officers, resulting in multiple fatalities).

Thanks AtJ.

Wonderful performance! Such a useful little tune...

Singer Al Wilson has died at 68. He was best known for Show and Tell and his Northern Soul stomper

, currently residing where all 60s soul songs go to die, adland.

A sad death, both of the singer and the tune. An old favourite of mine, which I've sung live, albeit fairly badly, on numerous occasions. In fact, I probably helped kill it.

Singer Al Wilson has died at 68. He was best known for Show and Tell and his Northern Soul stomper
, currently residing where all 60s soul songs go to die, adland.

Heard an absolute corker last night and been playing it ever since.

Waiting For Superman - known and loved by fans of the Flaming Lips for years has been covered, incredibly well, by Five Star!!

Highly recommended.

Five Star! As in mortgage friendly, family-based soul group from the 80's!

Wow, that would be good.

220px-95354.jpg

Sadly I think you mean

. As in ex-Busted.

Heard an absolute corker last night and been playing it ever since.

Waiting For Superman - known and loved by fans of the Flaming Lips for years has been covered, incredibly well, by Five Star!!

Highly recommended.