Monoclinic

Alan Johnston

Alan Johnston - Dead or Alive?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it is a bit strange that there has been little word until now about the fate of Alan Johnston. My media coverage absorption is limited to the internet and francophone newspapers. (I've gone without TV for more than a year I don't think I could even operate a remote now)

Just wondered what other peoples viewpoints are...

I'm not going to vote in this one but I can't pass it by.

Its a pissy situation to be in.

Alan Johnston has put himself in the line of fire to tell the world the news from Gaza.

Don't these "sh*t for brains" kidnappers understand right and wrong.

No way do the BBC represent the government of the UK.

They stand for "say truth unto the nation".

They have independence running though them like their own blood.

The BBC journalists are the best of UK in all respects.

They are there, more for the people of the area, than for the people of the UK. So we in the UK can understand the truth that needs to be told.

To kill Alan Johnston would be to kill themselves a thousand times over and undermine millions more who suffer not only in Gaza but all over the world who face tyranny and oppression.

Let him go and the mercy shown will be repaid in not necessarily in kind but in time, many times over, in goodwill from many good people.

Should he be dead already or be killed then the worst things can't fail to happen to the kidnappers in time.

Its a pissy situation to be in. Alan Johnston has put himself in the line of fire to tell the world the news from Gazza.

I know he's a drunken, occasional violent buffoon with the mental age of two, but surely it's not THAT dangerous to tell the world the latest from the Geordie ex-England & Lazio star's mouth. :P

Provided of course, you have a good constitution to cope with the drinking binges one would have to undertake to unearth & thus announce the scoops.

I agree

To what are you agreeing? Media coverage? That's he dead (I presume)? It's only because Monoclinic didn't actually state anything in the opening post to specifically agree with... :angry:

Not one of your more usual elaborate replies, young Handy :)

Good post Ali.

While we can commend the courage, we also have to acknowledge the risk of such ventures into war zones.

War zones by their very nature are full of people trying to kill each other, and things like the Geneva convention are usually lying underneath dossiers about weapons of mass destruction.

Zealots don't listen to reason. Whether they're from Washington, London, Gaza or Baghdad. I only hope for his family's sake they don't put his execution on the internet.

Looks like I'm the only one who thinks he's alive.... :angry:

Get a bet on with a workmate, or summat TMIB.

I'm not a betting sort as a rule, but I think he's dead. Straw poll at work backs this view as well.

Its a pissy situation to be in. Alan Johnston has put himself in the line of fire to tell the world the news from Gazza.

I know he's a drunken, occasional violent buffoon with the mental age of two, but surely it's not THAT dangerous to tell the world the latest from the Geordie ex-England & Lazio star's mouth. :rip:

Provided of course, you have a good constitution to cope with the drinking binges one would have to undertake to unearth & thus announce the scoops.

I agree

To what are you agreeing? Media coverage? That's he dead (I presume)? It's only because Monoclinic didn't actually state anything in the opening post to specifically agree with... :blink:

Not one of your more usual elaborate replies, young Handy :blink:

Sir,

A damn fine post.

PS: He is dead.

Sir,

A damn fine post.

PS: He is dead.

Thank you sir, a pleasure to read such warm tidings at 2.49 am.

PS I think he's dead too.

I know he's a drunken, occasional violent buffoon with the mental age of two, but surely it's not THAT dangerous to tell the world the latest from the Geordie ex-England & Lazio star's mouth. :)

I agree

To what are you agreeing? Media coverage? That's he dead (I presume)? It's only because Monoclinic didn't actually state anything in the opening post to specifically agree with... :(

I meant I agreed with whoever had first answered in the poll that he was dead. I was also agreeing about the remote control comment as never having owned a telly I struggle to use the remote too. I'm not sure what you mean by "elaborate" a my posts are never that long. They probably just seem it as I'm usually replying to someone and I don't know how to snip the quotes bit.

I know he's a drunken, occasional violent buffoon with the mental age of two, but surely it's not THAT dangerous to tell the world the latest from the Geordie ex-England & Lazio star's mouth. ;)

I agree

To what are you agreeing? Media coverage? That's he dead (I presume)? It's only because Monoclinic didn't actually state anything in the opening post to specifically agree with... :blink:

I meant I agreed with whoever had first answered in the poll that he was dead. I was also agreeing about the remote control comment as never having owned a telly I struggle to use the remote too. I'm not sure what you mean by "elaborate" a my posts are never that long. They probably just seem it as I'm usually replying to someone and I don't know how to snip the quotes bit.

I dont gave a rats what you meant to say or whether you know how to "snip the quotes".

As far as Im concerned anybody that uses a pic of Shari Lewis as their, on their ( i dont know what way is what) Avatar has exceptional taste and class.

I LOVED Shari Lewis, gawd bless her :rip:

It seems to have all gone quiet about Alan. Hopefully that's good news. :blink:

ps. I was at the same school and in the same boarding house as Alan. On those grounds I will abstain on this vote.

I'll be surprised if he's alive after this long a silence, but the latest reports seem to indicate that he may be. Not sure what his abductors are hoping to achieve by this sort of behaviour; it doesn't look as though many people are in sympathy with them.

Over 100 days, but the change of government might well force the captors to kill or let him go. Have a hunch he's still breathing tonight and that the BBC know this, hence the consistent pressure. Mebbe time to move this thread up the running order again given the present situation.

A new video of Alan Johnston shows him wearing a suicide bomber style explosives belt. :)

I thought he looked quite fetching in it. I like the way he maintained his news delivery style in his "special report". Not like that miserable Navy rabble captured by the Iranians. I hope he makes it and gets a new job on the cuddly animals beat.

S'cuse what might appear politically incorrect questions but the internet isn't coughing up the answers too clearly:

i - Is he gay?

ii - If he is, does this make the more devout religious types in his captors more likely to kill him?

I voted alive ... I saw him on the telly :) I think he'll be freed eventually. If his kidnappers were going to kill him I reckon they'd have done it by now.

BTW where can I get one of those belts with explosives attached? I have a few work colleagues who need something like that.

S'cuse what might appear politically incorrect questions but the internet isn't coughing up the answers too clearly:

i - Is he gay?

ii - If he is, does this make the more devout religious types in his captors more likely to kill him?

what makes you think he might be gay, MPFC? Did he lisp while he was pleading for his life, was the bomb belt in a fetching shade of salmon, had he grown a big bushy moustache whilst in captivity?

i - Is he gay?

His tone of voice did sound rather gay. But I'm predicting they'll let him mince back through no mans land.

Good news on Deathlist. I think we may have some BBC employees out there, what's the atmosphere like today in Wood Lane?

Frank Gardener will have competition in the 'I-survived-the-fundamentalists' punditry chair.