Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

Easy Tiger! drool.gif

• Like 1

Cutest. Girl. Ever.

Oh dear, full frontal cuteness. :wub:

If you like her with clothes on......she's even better in Room at the Top!

Not on youtube, as far as I can see. Anyway, as I presume Dead Wait knows, or at least should know, an important part of the joy of sex is the unpacking of the gift.

• Like 1

Cutest. Girl. Ever.

Oh dear, full frontal cuteness. :wub:

If you like her with clothes on......she's even better in Room at the Top!

Not on youtube, as far as I can see. Anyway, as I presume Dead Wait knows, or at least should know, an important part of the joy of sex is the unpacking of the gift.

I like her with clothes on or off. My monitor has already misted over several times

Guest Guest

she's got a funny shaped nose though. have u noticed?

Yes, It's adorably cute

• Like 1

that's what makes her unique we all have a unique trait.
  • Like 1

^^For me:

A. Slowly the writers were giving control back to The Doctor. Personally I'm fed up with "assistants with limited life experience who know better than the genius alien who has been all over the universe in time and space" line that has been a major feature since effing Rose and I'm glad the Doctor is back in charge;

B. Nevertheless, Coleman's acting (up until her fateful goodbye which was cloyingly "Casualty") has definitely improved as she's had to up her game against Capaldi; and

C. Her death wasn't gruesome enough. Or heroic enough. And she's probably coming back in some form before Christmas. But I'm glad she's dead and hopefully will stay dead and never offend my eyes again with that dreadful character.

• Like 1

^^For me:

A. Slowly the writers were giving control back to The Doctor. Personally I'm fed up with "assistants with limited life experience who know better than the genius alien who has been all over the universe in time and space" line that has been a major feature since effing Rose and I'm glad the Doctor is back in charge;

B. Nevertheless, Coleman's acting (up until her fateful goodbye which was cloyingly "Casualty") has definitely improved as she's had to up her game against Capaldi; and

C. Her death wasn't gruesome enough. Or heroic enough. And she's probably coming back in some form before Christmas. But I'm glad she's dead and hopefully will stay dead and never offend my eyes again with that dreadful character.

Jenna's lots of things but... offensive to the eyes? NEVER!!!! :P

• Like 1

^^For me:

Jenna's lots of things but... offensive to the eyes? NEVER!!!! :P

All I have to do is close my eyes and there she is :)

^^For me:

The death was not gruesome and it was fitting that Clara was a victim of her own 'cleverness' I did think this episode was one of the better ones from this series and I think it has set up the final two episodes with the Doctor alone.

My only problem was it was a bit fantasy rather than SF. The set looked like it had escaped from Harry Potter world.

• Like 1

Toby Hadoke (and he should know) reports the death at 80 of Anthony Read, series script editor and scriptwriter on Doctor Who for The Invasion Of Time and The Horns Of Nimon, as well as writing for Sapphire and Steel, The Omega Factor and the various Chocky programmes. https://twitter.com/TobyHadoke/status/669226669845159938

He also wrote for Z Cars and The Professionals and latterly became an author.

• Like 1

Toby Hadoke (and he should know) reports the death at 80 of Anthony Read, series script editor and scriptwriter on Doctor Who for The Invasion Of Time and The Horns Of Nimon, as well as writing for Sapphire and Steel, The Omega Factor and the various Chocky programmes. https://twitter.com/TobyHadoke/status/669226669845159938

He also wrote for Z Cars and The Professionals and latterly became an author.

Not too many Producers/Script editors from the original series left. AFAIK there's Donald Tosh (SE), Derrick Sherwin (SE/Pr), Terrance Dicks (SE), Philip HInchcliffe (Pr), Antony Root (SE), Eric Saward (SE) and Andrew Cartmell (SE)...

Victor Pemberton (SE), Christopher Hamilton Bidmead (SE) are both still with us too.

• Like 1

Victor Pemberton (SE), Christopher Hamilton Bidmead (SE) are both still with us too.

Of course how could I forget Bidmead!

Of course how could I forget Bidmead!

It's his quiet and unassuming nature, clearly!

• Like 1

Guest Guest

sadly Anthony Read will always be rememebered for writing what was gennerally considered to be the worst ever Dr Who story ie Horns of Nimon.I'm sure he did better stuff though

^^For me:

The death was not gruesome and it was fitting that Clara was a victim of her own 'cleverness' I did think this episode was one of the better ones from this series and I think it has set up the final two episodes with the Doctor alone.

My only problem was it was a bit fantasy rather than SF. The set looked like it had escaped from Harry Potter world.

Interesting comment. I have always thought DW had more fantasy than SF leanings (though some episodes are notable exceptions).

^^For me:

Interesting comment. I have always thought DW had more fantasy than SF leanings (though some episodes are notable exceptions).

I suppose it depends which era some stories do have strong fantasy elements Image of the Fendahl, The Time Monster, The Mind Robber, Pyramids of Mars etc but it always tries to have a grounding in rationality. There have also been some fairly hard SF ideas over the years.

sadly Anthony Read will always be rememebered for writing what was gennerally considered to be the worst ever Dr Who story ie Horns of Nimon.I'm sure he did better stuff though

Horns of Nimon has some good things going for it. There are probably worse stories. The Twin Dilemma, Paradise Towers for example but its failings are really 'old' Doctor Who problems. Studio bound & cheap and some actors not taking it too seriously.

• Like 1

Horns of Nimon has some good things going for it. There are probably worse stories. The Twin Dilemma, Paradise Towers for example but its failings are really 'old' Doctor Who problems. Studio bound & cheap and some actors not taking it too seriously.

Hmm, worst ever episodes? Seen the one with Peter Kay in it? Or practically everything with Matt Smith? It's about time the writers of this show got down to reading the science journals again and then extrapolating from their own imaginations new worlds and adventures based on that. I know that might be difficult for a writer whose only other work of note is a crib from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, mind you.

And we should be grateful to Mr Read for at least recognising what was needed and pushing for Douglas Adams to write for the show.

• Like 1

The Twin Dilemma is generally cnsidered to be the worst Doctor Who story, coming bottom of Doctor Who Magazine story polls in 1998 and 2014...

• Like 1

The Twin Dilemma is generally cnsidered to be the worst Doctor Who story, coming bottom of Doctor Who Magazine story polls in 1998 and 2014...

Never seen it, but it'd have to be something special to be worse than Resurrection of the Daleks. Or Love and Monsters.

^^For me:

I suppose it depends which era some stories do have strong fantasy elements Image of the Fendahl, The Time Monster, The Mind Robber, Pyramids of Mars etc but it always tries to have a grounding in rationality. There have also been some fairly hard SF ideas over the years.

Maybe it would be fair to say in general that New Who has more fantasy leanings than old Who. Thoughts?

Even so, Old Who was closer to Narnia than Doomwatch more often than not.

• Like 1