Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

3 people picked Choi Yoo-Sam, including one joker, so we have a clear leader already...

You have to admire those who "tagged" him, particularly the joker-player. Nothing like a quick knock-out to start the New Year.

3 people picked Choi Yoo-Sam, including one joker, so we have a clear leader already...

You have to admire those who "tagged" him, particularly the joker-player. Nothing like a quick knock-out to start the New Year.

Only 33yo, so points-a-plenty too!

DWB :lol:

God

Aleksandr Abdulov, top Russian actor is dead & was selected on the DDP, but no obits yet. Wiki Page

My call is no obituary for Aleksandr Abdulov. The Russian media and even the German never usually present universal obituaries. Then you have America - Canada - and the UK which are usually the opposite of individualistic. It's just the pattern I've recognized.

There's ambulance chasing and there's ambulance chasing, but this takes the cake!

Well done whoever picked him, particularly when most are distracted by the Christmas celebrations...

2008 has the first Wiki-worthy death of a centenarian with the death of 101 year old actor, producer, educator, and theater administrator Robert C. Schnitzer.

Olive Archer

Famous for having no friends at all. In fact no-one seems to have heard of her, which puts her on the same level as many of this year's DL picks :)

Already posted in the CPDP thread, but Milt Dunnell has died at the age of 102. Doubt he was picked for the DDP and doubt even more that he'd have gotten a proper obit anyhow.

Natasha Collins has bought it in the bath, suspected drug overdose...Police are busy fitting up her boyfriend Mark Speight, I mean..."conducting their enquiries". Mark, now in line for a sympathy suicide, has appeared on "Heaven and Earth" during his presenting career. Perhaps he'll be returning shortly?

Olive Archer

Famous for having no friends at all. In fact no-one seems to have heard of her, which puts her on the same level as many of this year's DL picks :)

Well, as usual, a Daily Mail story is largely bollocks. First, the photo doesn't show a "strikingly actractive" woman, it shows a beak-nosed witch, which mainly reminds me of that old optical illusion picture

illus8.jpg

- do you see a young woman turning her head or an old hag? In the Mail story, it would have to be "hag".

Second, although the journo was desperate to get in a Beatles' reference, he gets it wrong because Olive Archer is apparently getting two people to attend her funeral, which is two more than came to Eleanor Rigby's.

However, there was some good news on that page. One of the sidebars reports pop minxette Natalie Imbroglio is splitting from her husband, all-around loser Silverchair lead singer Daniel Johns. "My career got way too successful for him to deal with"

Originally posted by MPFC on the I & P thread on 21 Sep 2007:

Whilst the barrel is being well and truly scraped let's not forget another striken family, the Walliamses. The proud and adoring dad of TV comedian David Walliams was there when his son swam the channel. Whether young David will see the funny side of his dad's liver cancer is another matter. The tabloids will doubtless cover the aftermath, qualifying anyone sick enough to pick the man for DDP points.

He's dead. (The dad that is)

Whilst the barrel is being well and truly scraped let's not forget another striken family, the Walliamses. The proud and adoring dad of TV comedian David Walliams was there when his son swam the channel. Whether young David will see the funny side of his dad's liver cancer is another matter. The tabloids will doubtless cover the aftermath, qualifying anyone sick enough to pick the man for DDP points.

Anyone pick him?

Anyone pick him?

Died before Christmas, so no points for this year.

DWB :)

Anyone pick him?

DWB :)

Ah...

Anyone pick him?

DWB <_<

Ah...

Despite posting the original link I didn't pick him. There are 2,029 picks coming up on the DDP, so it's entirely possible one of them is Peter Williams.

Despite posting the original link I didn't pick him. There are 2,029 picks coming up on the DDP, so it's entirely possible one of them is Peter Williams.

Nope.

Guest Rasputin's Underpants

Australian Fox Sport commentator Clinton Grybas found dead at home, apparently the result of a sleepwalking accident.

Nope.

How on earth does OoO manage it? I wouldn't have thought there have been enough hours in the day. Even the DDP picks I submitted that were so obscure that I couldn't find out anything about them on Wikipedia are now up on DDP with dates of birth etc. I'm very impressed! Although perhaps it's a challenge for next year to look for even more obscure celebs ...

How on earth does OoO manage it? I wouldn't have thought there have been enough hours in the day. Even the DDP picks I submitted that were so obscure that I couldn't find out anything about them on Wikipedia are now up on DDP with dates of birth etc. I'm very impressed! Although perhaps it's a challenge for next year to look for even more obscure celebs ...

Oh, God, please no... <_<

Having said that, there were a lot of people that I thought might be selected that weren't so the pool is still there for even more obscure picks - especially in the UK.

I decided this year, if I could, to enter the bio as I processed the celebrity - meaning more work straight out, but less work later on. I think, in the end, it proved the right one.

Sorry for the OT reply.

I made the effort to send OoO links to news stories with pictures where Ian McNicol, Rachel Jones and a couple of others were concerned. Still amazed I pulled Jones as a unique pick mind, since she got sizeable coverage in the Daily Mirror.

Mebbe teams picking obscurities could be - like - obliged to present such links as well to make OoO's work easier next year.

Mebbe teams picking obscurities could be - like - obliged to present such links as well to make OoO's work easier next year.

For some reason I remember that, in 2006, there was a space to include a description or a link to the person. Has that been done away with or am I just making it up?

Guest Guest_Handrejka_*

For some reason I remember that, in 2006, there was a space to include a description or a link to the person. Has that been done away with or am I just making it up?

I remember that too as I remember DDP changing "resposible for" to "guilty of" signing The Carpenters in my description of Herb Alpert

There was, but the way it is done now - believe or not - actually makes it easier to run.

Extra information really doesn't matter if it's not there as I can easily use Wikipedia or Google - it's only when the teams choose someone who has the same name as a lot of other picks & you don't know who/which one they mean (Greg Page being the most obvious example), that it really becomes problematic.

OoO, you've done a remarkable job getting it all up and running so soon. Have been waiting all year to register a team in DDP. Now eagerly scanning the Obits downunder.

Australian Fox Sport commentator Clinton Grybas found dead at home, apparently the result of a sleepwalking accident.

Quite a surprise, aged 32. He was the star sports commentator here, downunder.