maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

3 hours ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Marian Robinson, mother of Michelle Obama dead aged 86.

DDP Pick

Her obituary in the New York Times mentions that she once asked her son in law if she could meet the Pope. Now I'm kind of curious if she did.

(I will say that a cousin of mine had Barack as one of her teachers in law school before he became president, and apparently he did mention his mother-in-law a couple of times. From my own experience in academia, this is pretty common.)

• Like 2

On 10/03/2024 at 09:28, gcreptile said:

Scottish champion triathlete and BAFTA-winning scriptwriter (?!) has a husband with stage 4 pancreatic cancer:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13152893/screenwriter-Lesley-Paterson-film-director-Simon-Marshall-heartbreaking-cancer-diagnosis.html

The husband, Simon Marshall is apparently a (minor) director himself. 

Simon Marshall has died: https://news.stv.tv/entertainment/oscar-nominated-scottish-screenwriter-lesley-paterson-announces-death-of-husband-after-cancer-battle

• Like 2

On 15/10/2023 at 14:59, arghton said:

Shakira's mom Nidia Ripoll Torrado hospitalised again with thrombosis and Shakira's dad William Mebarak Chadid is also (again) in delicate condition.

William Mebarak Chadid hospitalised in ICU with pneumonia.

• Like 2

Boxer Anthony Fowler’s child has cancer but instead of Chemotherapy it’s been treated with Cannabis and other alternative medicines, 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Boxer Anthony Fowler’s child has cancer but instead of Chemotherapy it’s been treated with Cannabis and other alternative medicines, 

He ought to be arrested for that shit.

• Like 1

Marina Tarkovsky (3 September 1934 - 11 June 2024), sister of famous Soviet film director Andrei Tarkovsky, has passed away. This was announced by the organisers of the Andrei Tarkovsky International Film Festival "Zerkalo". 

Marina Tarkovskaya played an important role in preserving her brother's archive around the world. She was actively involved in the creation and development of the Zerkalo film festival, and also took part in the creation of the documentaries "Rerberg and Tarkovsky: The Reverse Side of Stalker" and "Marina's House".

ru.wiki ria.ru

tarkovskaya.jpg

1 hour ago, chel said:

Marina Tarkovsky (3 September 1934 - 11 June 2024), sister of famous Soviet film director Andrei Tarkovsky, has passed away. This was announced by the organisers of the Andrei Tarkovsky International Film Festival "Zerkalo". 

Marina Tarkovskaya played an important role in preserving her brother's archive around the world. She was actively involved in the creation and development of the Zerkalo film festival, and also took part in the creation of the documentaries "Rerberg and Tarkovsky: The Reverse Side of Stalker" and "Marina's House".

ru.wiki ria.ru

tarkovskaya.jpg

Was nearly ninety so I'm guessing she wasn't on location much during Stalker!

29 minutes ago, msc said:

Was nearly ninety so I'm guessing she wasn't on location much during Stalker!

She is a biographer of the Tarkovsky family and her book is coming in the mail to me in 2 weeks.

• Like 1